• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Official! Some Can Now Dine In Groups Of Fives From Nov 16 - 19! Guess What Group of Fives!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1635064289584.png

SINGAPORE - Delegates at the Bloomberg New Economy Forum (NEF) in November will be allowed to dine in groups of up to five at designated restaurants, subject to stringent criteria, the authorities confirmed on Sunday (Oct 24).

On arrival in Singapore, they will be exempted from quarantine if the result of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) Covid-19 test they take is negative.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and Economic Development Board (EDB) said all foreign delegates must be fully vaccinated, and undergo daily pre-event testing on conference days.

The forum will be held from Nov 16 to 19
and is expected to draw more than 300 participants from 51 countries, including current and former heads of states and global chief executive officers.

The event marks another step forward for Singapore's hospitality and travel industry amid the nation's pivot to an endemic Covid-19 scenario.

The Republic's latest pandemic restrictions state that dining-in will be limited to a maximum of two people till Nov 21, though the curbs will be reviewed before then.

In a note from EDB chairman Beh Swan Gin to forum delegates that was seen by ST, he said groups of up to five may dine together at NEF venues and other restaurants in the city.

Guests can include those who are not NEF delegates, he added.

STB and EDB said the venues and restaurants are pre-designated and made exclusive for the event to provide safe business networking spaces.

Non-delegates who attend meals or meetings at these locations must undergo a pre-event test and obtain a negative result.

"It is with these added requirements that business meals for up to five fully vaccinated persons will be allowed for Bloomberg NEF participants," said the agencies.

Outside of these pre-designated venues and restaurants, the prevailing safe management measures in Singapore will apply to the delegates, including the two-person rule for meals.

Dr Beh's note said NEF delegates who apply for an authorised letter of entry can enter Singapore from any country regardless of travel history, and arrive on any commercial flight or private jet.

The delegates are free to attend meetings and company visits outside the NEF.

The forum is one of the events under the Mice event pilot by STB that aims to allow business conferences and exhibitions to gradually restart and support Singapore's hospitality and travel industry.

Mice stands for meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions. Recent events held include Gamescom Asia and the Joint Leadership Summit of the top Mice associations.

Under this pilot, all foreign delegates, including those at the Bloomberg NEF, have to apply for a letter of entry to visit Singapore and be fully inoculated with vaccines under the World Health Organisation's emergency use listing.

They have to take the PCR swab test upon arrival and undergo daily pre-event testing on event days.

Local delegates have to undergo the daily pre-event testing, said STB and EDB.

They added: "As we learn from the experience of these pilot events, we will adjust the health and safety protocols so that larger Mice events can resume in due course in a safe, trusted and innovative manner."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...re-can-dine-in-groups-of-5-at-specific-venues

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Delegates at Bloomberg forum in S'pore can dine in groups of 5 at specific venues​

Goh Yan Han
PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - Delegates at the Bloomberg New Economy Forum (NEF) in November will be allowed to dine in groups of up to five at designated restaurants, subject to stringent criteria, the authorities confirmed on Sunday (Oct 24).

On arrival in Singapore, they will be exempted from quarantine if the result of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) Covid-19 test they take is negative.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and Economic Development Board (EDB) said all foreign delegates must be fully vaccinated, and undergo daily pre-event testing on conference days.

The forum will be held from Nov 16 to 19 and is expected to draw more than 300 participants from 51 countries, including current and former heads of states and global chief executive officers.

The event marks another step forward for Singapore's hospitality and travel industry amid the nation's pivot to an endemic Covid-19 scenario.

The Republic's latest pandemic restrictions state that dining-in will be limited to a maximum of two people till Nov 21, though the curbs will be reviewed before then.

In a note from EDB chairman Beh Swan Gin to forum delegates that was seen by ST, he said groups of up to five may dine together at NEF venues and other restaurants in the city.

Guests can include those who are not NEF delegates, he added.

STB and EDB said the venues and restaurants are pre-designated and made exclusive for the event to provide safe business networking spaces.

Non-delegates who attend meals or meetings at these locations must undergo a pre-event test and obtain a negative result.

"It is with these added requirements that business meals for up to five fully vaccinated persons will be allowed for Bloomberg NEF participants," said the agencies.

Outside of these pre-designated venues and restaurants, the prevailing safe management measures in Singapore will apply to the delegates, including the two-person rule for meals.

Dr Beh's note said NEF delegates who apply for an authorised letter of entry can enter Singapore from any country regardless of travel history, and arrive on any commercial flight or private jet.

The delegates are free to attend meetings and company visits outside the NEF.

The forum is one of the events under the Mice event pilot by STB that aims to allow business conferences and exhibitions to gradually restart and support Singapore's hospitality and travel industry.

Mice stands for meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions. Recent events held include Gamescom Asia and the Joint Leadership Summit of the top Mice associations.

Under this pilot, all foreign delegates, including those at the Bloomberg NEF, have to apply for a letter of entry to visit Singapore and be fully inoculated with vaccines under the World Health Organisation's emergency use listing.

They have to take the PCR swab test upon arrival and undergo daily pre-event testing on event days.

Local delegates have to undergo the daily pre-event testing, said STB and EDB.

They added: "As we learn from the experience of these pilot events, we will adjust the health and safety protocols so that larger Mice events can resume in due course in a safe, trusted and innovative manner."

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not a lawyer, but PAP says law applies to everyone.
So different law applies to foreigners?-
This is actually confusing as now also have different law for vac and unvaccinated

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those delegates are probably the masterminds behind the scamdemic and the lockdowns. :wink:

Another one: the World Economic Forum.

Majulah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a lawyer, but PAP says law applies to everyone.
So different law applies to foreigners?-
This is actually confusing as now also have different law for vac and unvaccinated

thats NOT SURPRISING. restriction implemented by loon lee is not meant to prevent infection
it is to force people to vaxx

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb peasants deserve their fate.
Anyway under the law this is clearcut discrimination. But hey, you voted for it!

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

They just made SG more artficial and engineered than it actually is by conducting these kinda weird pilots here.

I excuse the Bloomberg attendees for they are idiots who got fully vaxxed...probably bringing in some nice strains and gonna take away a few nice
singapore strains to spread back home.

No thanks, you can have the malls and restaurants.

PS. It will be hilarious if the thing gets cancelled due to an outbreak among delegates.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this Bloomberg whatever forum turns out to be a super spreader event, the PaPIGs will say that they are truly sorry :smile:

Meanwhile, at a similar high SES event in New York:

Longtime investor Paul Tudor Jones tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a massive dinner benefiting the Robin Hood Foundation that featured numerous celebrities, business executives and political leaders.

"I tested positive for COVID Thursday afternoon, the day after the annual Robin Hood dinner. I had a negative PCR test for COVID on Monday, but I took another PCR test on Thursday after a co-worker at my home tested positive," Jones said in a statement provided to CNBC. "Every person at the dinner was vaccinated and we are sharing information as we have it. I feel fine, have no temperature and am following COVID protocols. If I have inadvertently exposed anyone, I am truly and deeply sorry."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/22/bil...covid-day-after-robin-hood-charity-event.html

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this Bloomberg whatever forum turns out to be a super spreader event, the PaPIGs will say that they are truly sorry :smile:

Longtime investor Paul Tudor Jones tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a massive dinner benefiting the Robin Hood Foundation that featured numerous celebrities, business executives and political leaders.

"I tested positive for COVID Thursday afternoon, the day after the annual Robin Hood dinner. I had a negative PCR test for COVID on Monday, but I took another PCR test on Thursday after a co-worker at my home tested positive," Jones said in a statement provided to CNBC. "Every person at the dinner was vaccinated and we are sharing information as we have it. I feel fine, have no temperature and am following COVID protocols. If I have inadvertently exposed anyone, I am truly and deeply sorry."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/22/bil...covid-day-after-robin-hood-charity-event.html

Thats where we are headed..and it will be glorious to see egg on their faces...again.

And they'll still double down.

We need vaxxed people to start dropping like flies for the needle to move significantly.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, all the talk about two persons, eight persons, five persons for in-dining numbers
are not based on any science bs.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did PAP say sorry for the first case in Italy and Europe brought back from SG after attending some conference? :unsure:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
They just made SG more artficial and engineered than it actually is by conducting these kinda weird pilots here.

I excuse the Bloomberg attendees for they are idiots who got fully vaxxed...probably bringing in some nice strains and gonna take away a few nice
singapore strains to spread back home.

No thanks, you can have the malls and restaurants.

PS. It will be hilarious if the thing gets cancelled due to an outbreak among delegates.
Their home cuntries have all ready issued travel advisory so... :unsure:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means by Nov 16, we can dine in groups of five with friends and relatives.
That means that we will not have any CB before Nov 16, even if we hit 6000 cases a day after opening up to South Asians this week.