• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkies Covid's weakest link - the old farts

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...op-eating-at-changi-airport-food-court-says-i

Woman fined $300 after refusing to stop eating at Changi Airport food court, says "I don't like S'pore"
photo_librarySee 19 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppGmail Share

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 15 April 2020 | 4 views | 0 comments

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

A 53-year-old woman was fined $300 for breaching safe distancing rules after she refused to stop eating in a food court at Changi Airport on Monday afternoon (Apr 13).
In response to a Stomp query, the police said they received a call for assistance from a staff member of a food court located at the airport's Terminal 4 (T4) at 1.41pm.

When police arrived at the scene, they established that the woman had continued to consume her food at a table inside the food court, despite being advised repeatedly by food court staff that she was not allowed to do so under elevated safe distancing measures.

The woman left the food court before the police arrived, but they subsequently located her at T4's Arrival Hall and issued her with a composition fine of $300 for breaching safe distancing rules under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020.

"She was advised to adhere to the measures and she left the terminal thereafter," said police.
A video of the incident was posted on Facebook, where it has been viewed more than 266,000 times and shared over 10,000 times.
In the one-minute video, the woman can be heard telling a police officer: "I don't like Singapore. I need to leave Singapore."

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...nd-forcing-her-to-wear-mask-its-my-problem-if

Auntie accuses enforcement officer of bullying her and forcing her to wear mask: 'It's my problem if I die'

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 15 April 2020 | 33,079 views | 73 comments | 81 reading now

A woman was caught on camera having a dispute with an enforcement officer after she refused to wear a mask at People's Park Centre.
The incident occurred on Sunday (April 12), at around 12pm.
A video of the incident was captured by a passer-by and posted on Facebook, where it has garnered over 1,500 shares and been viewed more than 24,000 times.
In the video, the auntie can be heard telling the enforcement officer that she is an "adult" who has been "doing business here for 20, 30 years".
She also says: "You don't anger me. I have asthma. You cannot force me."

Another man then tells the auntie that she should be staying at home, only for her to reply: "It's my problem if I die."
When the enforcement officer says that everybody is wearing a mask, the auntie responded: "Yes, but I don't like. I don't want."
She then says once more that she has asthma and that she will stay at home from "tomorrow onwards", but "you don't force me".

At one point, the enforcement officer says that "the whole of Singapore" is wearing a mask.
However, the auntie replies: "Don't compare. I am an old lady. Don't bully me."
Even though the enforcement officer repeatedly denied bullying her, she continues ranting and says: "Small kid bullying adult, bullying old people, you bully me."

According to Lianhe Wanbao, the entire scene lasted around 15 minutes.

On Tuesday (Apr 14), the government announced that it is mandatory for everyone to wear a mask when they step out as part of stricter measures to curb the further spread of Covid-19.

Those who do not risk a $300 fine for first-time offenders.
There are exemptions for those engaging in strenuous exercise and children below the age of two, as medical experts recommend against them wearing masks, reported The Straits Times.

People may remove their masks when engaging in exercise such as running or jogging, but they must put them on afterwards.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since all these old farts are so daring and don't give damn , why not volunteer at Expo
Let them see the real deal
What Covid-19 can do to your frail body

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...orderly-behaviour-and-shop-theft-at-toa-payoh

Man arrested for disorderly behaviour and shop theft at Toa Payoh pharmacy, not for flouting circuit breaker measures
photo_librarySee 10 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 13 April 2020 | 33,163 views | 71 comments

A 48-year-old man kicked up a ruckus when police officers tried to arrest him at a Guardian pharmacy in Toa Payoh on Monday afternoon (Apr 13), though rumours about him being caught flouting circuit breaker measures are untrue.
Responding to Stomp queries, the police said they received a call for assistance at Block 190 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh at 2.20pm.

The man was arrested for disorderly behaviour and shop theft.
Police are investigating the incident.

Rumours circulating online claimed that the man was nabbed for flouting circuit breaker measures, such as not wearing a mask and not practicing social distancing, but this is false.

Stomp understands that the arrest had nothing to do with Covid-19.
A video posted by Facebook user Patrick Tan on Monday night shows the man lying on the floor as police officers tried to restrain him.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...ested-for-not-returning-to-welfare-home-given

Man who told police 'don't touch me' arrested for not returning to welfare home, warned about safe distancing measures
photo_librarySee 8 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 14 April 2020 | 10,778 views | 19 comments

The police have clarified that a 63-year-old man was arrested in Woodlands last Friday (Apr 10) for his failure to return to his welfare home, and not for flouting circuit breaker measures.
He was issued with a written stern warning for failure to comply with elevated safe distancing measures, however, said police in a statement on Tuesday (Apr 14).
A 46-second video of the incident was posted on Facebook, where it has garnered over 25,000 views and 1,000 shares.

In the video, the man can be heard repeatedly telling police officers "don't touch me" and saying "I never disturb anybody" before being arrested.

The police said they had received a request for assistance at Block 768 Woodlands Avenue 6 at around 9am on Friday.

Safe distancing ambassadors had reported that a man was not complying with elevated safe distancing measures.
When the police arrived at the scene, they found the man sitting on a bench that had already been cordoned off.

"Despite repeated advice by the safe distancing ambassadors and police officers, he refused to leave the cordoned area," said the police.
The police also established that the man had failed to return to a welfare home, where he was supposed to be staying.
"He was thus arrested for failure to return to a welfare home under the Destitute Persons Act, and subsequently sent to the welfare home on the same day," added the police.

"The man was also issued with a written stern warning for failure to comply with elevated safe distancing measures."
Members of the public are advised to comply with the instructions of safe distancing ambassadors and police officers, who are doing their duty to keep the public safe.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...rrested-after-refusing-to-go-home-shouting-at

Elderly man who wanted to eat at void deck arrested after refusing to go home, shouting at police

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 07 April 2020 | 163,345 views | 188 comments

An elderly man was arrested for disorderly behaviour after refusing to heed the advice of police officers and shouting at them at Block 28 Bendemeer Road on Tuesday (Apr 7), the first day of Covid-19 circuit breaker measures kicking in.
He had wanted to eat at a table at the void deck and refused to leave, the police told Stomp.
Several Stompers alerted Stomp to a video of the incident that shows the 71-year-old man, who was holding a bag of food, being handcuffed.

In response to a Stomp query, the police said officers were on foot patrol at the block at around 11.40am when they came across a group of elderly people "gathering around two tables at the void deck".

A spokesman said: "The police officers advised them to go home and not remain at the location. The group complied and left.
"Shortly after, a 71-year-old man arrived with his packet lunch and wanted to eat at one of the tables. The officers advised him to return home to have his lunch and not loiter in public unnecessarily.

"The man refused to heed the police officers' advice and shouted at them. He remained uncooperative despite officers’ repeated advice for him to calm down and leave the place."
The man was subsequently arrested for disorderly behaviour.

Police investigations are ongoing.
The police added in their statement: "Members of the public are advised to take the circuit breaker measures seriously.
"Everyone should stay home and only go out for essential activities. Everyone must play their part for the circuit breaker to be effective."

As part of new Covid-19 circuit breaker measures that will be in effect from April 7 to May 4, dining in at food and beverage outlets are no longer allowed. However, you can still buy takeaways or use food delivery services.
All social gatherings of any size in both private and public spaces have also been banned under a new Bill passed in Parliament on Tuesday.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...op-eating-at-changi-airport-food-court-says-i

Woman fined $300 after refusing to stop eating at Changi Airport food court, says "I don't like S'pore"
photo_librarySee 19 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 15 April 2020 | 4 views | 0 comments

A 53-year-old woman was fined $300 for breaching safe distancing rules after she refused to stop eating in a food court at Changi Airport on Monday afternoon (Apr 13).
In response to a Stomp query, the police said they received a call for assistance from a staff member of a food court located at the airport's Terminal 4 (T4) at 1.41pm.

When police arrived at the scene, they established that the woman had continued to consume her food at a table inside the food court, despite being advised repeatedly by food court staff that she was not allowed to do so under elevated safe distancing measures.

The woman left the food court before the police arrived, but they subsequently located her at T4's Arrival Hall and issued her with a composition fine of $300 for breaching safe distancing rules under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020.

"She was advised to adhere to the measures and she left the terminal thereafter," said police.
A video of the incident was posted on Facebook, where it has been viewed more than 266,000 times and shared over 10,000 times.
In the one-minute video, the woman can be heard telling a police officer: "I don't like Singapore. I need to leave Singapore."

The 30%!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...nd-forcing-her-to-wear-mask-its-my-problem-if

Auntie accuses enforcement officer of bullying her and forcing her to wear mask: 'It's my problem if I die'

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 15 April 2020 | 33,079 views | 73 comments | 81 reading now

A woman was caught on camera having a dispute with an enforcement officer after she refused to wear a mask at People's Park Centre.
The incident occurred on Sunday (April 12), at around 12pm.
A video of the incident was captured by a passer-by and posted on Facebook, where it has garnered over 1,500 shares and been viewed more than 24,000 times.
In the video, the auntie can be heard telling the enforcement officer that she is an "adult" who has been "doing business here for 20, 30 years".
She also says: "You don't anger me. I have asthma. You cannot force me."

Another man then tells the auntie that she should be staying at home, only for her to reply: "It's my problem if I die."
When the enforcement officer says that everybody is wearing a mask, the auntie responded: "Yes, but I don't like. I don't want."
She then says once more that she has asthma and that she will stay at home from "tomorrow onwards", but "you don't force me".

At one point, the enforcement officer says that "the whole of Singapore" is wearing a mask.
However, the auntie replies: "Don't compare. I am an old lady. Don't bully me."
Even though the enforcement officer repeatedly denied bullying her, she continues ranting and says: "Small kid bullying adult, bullying old people, you bully me."

According to Lianhe Wanbao, the entire scene lasted around 15 minutes.

On Tuesday (Apr 14), the government announced that it is mandatory for everyone to wear a mask when they step out as part of stricter measures to curb the further spread of Covid-19.

Those who do not risk a $300 fine for first-time offenders.
There are exemptions for those engaging in strenuous exercise and children below the age of two, as medical experts recommend against them wearing masks, reported The Straits Times.

People may remove their masks when engaging in exercise such as running or jogging, but they must put them on afterwards.
The typical sinkie! Ownself care ownself

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...ng-on-bus-seats-will-gross-you-out-to-the-max

Video of auntie repeatedly spitting on bus seats will gross you out to the max

Cherlynn Ng mail
Posted on 06 April 2020 | 21,206 views | 55 comments

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A woman was caught on camera spitting on the seats of a double-decker bus multiple times.
A Stomper said her sister, known as Flo, had witnessed the incident on SBS Transit bus service 51 last Thursday (Apr 2), at around 2.25pm.
According to Flo, the woman had moved between seats on the upper deck of the bus and "purposely" spat on them.

In a video taken by Flo, the auntie is seen spitting on the seat in front of her at least twice.
She remained silent when Flo told her, "Auntie, you can't spit like that. You can't do that."
Flo also posted about the incident on Facebook and said the bus captain had told the auntie that he would call the police if she continued spitting.
fb_0.jpg

The Stomper added: "The bus captain was aware of the incident and informed someone via his walkie-talkie.
"I hope to notify the public via Stomp so that the auntie will not do the same thing again."

Stomp has contacted SBS Transit for comment.

Last month, three teenagers were arrested for spitting over the railing in a Bugis shopping mall. A shopper had lodged a police report after spittle landed on him.

In a separate incident, another three teenagers were nabbed for a similar stunt in an unnamed shopping mall in central Singapore.
These came after two separate reports made on Feb 23 and 25, about spittle found on the mirrors and buttons inside the lifts of HDB blocks in Punggol Walk and Ang Mo Kio Street 32.
In yet another case, police investigated three 15-year-olds after SBS Transit lodged a police report on Feb 20 regarding spittle found on the buttons of a lift at Rumbia LRT station.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle wonder all these sinkies stubborn old farts were already stubborn farts since young or gradually turned to stubborn old farts due to ??? KNN my uncle wish he will never become one even if he lived a hundred years KNN

jw5

Loyal
KNN my guess is that their parents were stubborn old farts so when they become old, they also become stubborn old farts KNN :biggrin:

KNN my uncle wonder all these sinkies stubborn old farts were already stubborn farts since young or gradually turned to stubborn old farts due to ??? KNN my uncle wish he will never become one even if he lived a hundred years KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The poodles sent to confront those people weren't wearing gloves or proper N95 masks. Very unprofessional of MHA to endanger their frontline grunts like that. :rolleyes:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn, they've been used to getting their way due to their age and respect accorded them by their families and others.
also, they need to get out from their homes after breakfast, instead of being cooped-up (even from welfare / old folks homes) with agreement that they come back daily by 5.30pm as they become a nuisance and a havoc to those looking after them, with many adopting a carelafare attitude towards whatever life is remaining for them - which i daresay that many of us may adopt in our later years :cautious: