• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkies Beri Happy with F1 Grand Prix!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most Singapore residents think F1 Grand Prix has positive impact on country: poll​

Amir Hussain
Amir Hussain
·Editor
Tue, 27 September 2022 at 3:59 pm

Ahead of the return of the Formula One Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix to the Marina Bay circuit from Friday (30 September) to Sunday, a survey has found that six in 10 adults here think the race has had a positive impact on the country.. (PHOTO: Singapore GP Pte Ltd)

Aerial view of the Marina Bay street circuit, where the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix will be held from 2022 to 2028. (PHOTO: Singapore GP Pte Ltd)
SINGAPORE — Ahead of the return of the Formula One Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix to the Marina Bay circuit from Friday (30 September) to Sunday, a survey has found that six in 10 adults here think the race has had a positive impact on the country.
And about one in three, or 37 per cent, of respondents in the YouGov RealTime Omnibus said they intend to follow the F1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix in person or online.
Of the areas that have benefitted the most from the race, tourism was ranked top, followed by entertainment, the country’s international standing, overall economy and retail.
Meanwhile, areas which respondents said were most likely to have been negatively impacted were the environment, followed by transport and security.
The survey was conducted online over three days last week, involving 1,045 adults in Singapore aged above 18.
The night race is making a comeback after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will take place for the 13th time at the Marina Bay street circuit. It will continue to be held in Singapore until 2028, following a contract extension signed in January this year.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn
Nothing to watch.
Like a bird flying thru.
Thats all.
But sureLee got GCBs paying a few hundred for that split sec of watching exhaust.
My uncle know the gcb imagine they driving it KNN the day when they leelised is other people driving it then they will say lansai lah KNN

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what happens when you throw an empty can onto the tracks during the race. I'm sure it is not that difficult for anyone to throw an empty can over the fence, God forbids :laugh:

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
F1 tells us that rich people can pollute the environment without paying taxes but Low SES bastards have to pay 10 to 20 cents for consuming canned and bottled drinks.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is Greta? Reduce carbon footprint agenda? :biggrin:
Save earth save trees gogreen but keep pumping fumes

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
F1 brings zero benefit to the vast majority of citizens.

My PDVL friend is complaining about the many roadblock, congestions and diversions which traps him in the ride for hours and drops his earnings drastically.

I advised him to tell the rest of his kakis to go Malaysia for holiday during the race week. Screw the riders. They will have no rides/cars available or surge pricing will kill them.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course lah ! There will always be positive "impact' whenever these fucking noisy racing cars crashed into each other... :laugh: