• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkies and Samsters To Pay For Additional Buses Because The French Fucked Our MRT Signaling!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bus.jpg

SINGAPORE - Taxpayers and rail operator SMRT will pick up the tab for additional buses rolling out to ferry commuters displaced by shorter hours on the East-west MRT line for the next seven months.

"LTA and SMRT will also share in the costs of operating these additional bus services," the Land Transport Authority, a statutory board under the Transport Ministry, said in response to queries from The Straits Times.

The same goes for shuttle bus services between Joo Koon and Gul Circle stations, which will remain in place till at least June next year (2018) to serve commuters while train service between the two stations is suspended.

The authority announced this week that 17 East-West Line and two North-South Line stations will have shorter service hours from Dec 8 to Dec 31, and that these stations will remain closed for the whole day on Dec 10 and 17.

Other sections of the line will also experience these shortened service times to allow resignalling work to be completed by June instead of the original December 2018 timeline.

SBS Transit will be roped in to provide the additional buses, and private third-party bus operators are also expected to be called on as well.

But experts and industry players said it will be a challenge to provide enough buses to cope with the displaced train capacity.

A senior manager of a bus operator who declined to be named said: "We may have some excess capacity at night, but in the morning, it will be quite tough. Even on Sundays, the trains are quite full.

"And if the bus services are not done well, there will be complaints."

University of Singapore transport lecturer Lee Der-Horng said: "During peak hours, one full-load train can have as many as 1,600 passengers, and it is two minutes per train.

"So the hourly passenger load can hit 48,000. You need more than 500 buses, and that's only for one direction."

Prof Lee said there volume will be lower for an isolated section of the line, and over weekends, but it will still be significant.

Singapore University of Social Sciences economist Walter Theseira said: "I would expect less travel demand than normal because commuters are likely to consider alternate routes or to cancel their travel plans due to concerns about potential delays."

Both experts feel signalling provider Thales should bear some of the cost of financing the bus contingency plans.

The LTA said "other investigations" were still ongoing when asked if Thales should be made to foot part of the bill.

The French company has said it took "full responsibility" for the signalling glitches which caused a collision on Nov 15 and its massive fallout.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ost-buses-deployed-for-train-network-closures

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pay them millions of dollars in salaries and u get this shits.

ahhhh!, " I don't know, what to say"!! You pay them top dollar, so that, they are corruption free, but not incompetence free. The more, you pay, the worse they become.

Caw, caw!, caw!..didn't commit harakiri ? what a dishonourable chap!...Desmond did not volunteered to resign? like he volunteered to join!, for it was good salary....

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay them millions of dollars in salaries and u get this shits.

And a fucking kelingkia woman who is a BLACK BELT and likely fraudulent paper qualifications and paid fucking well in SMRT and spitting at us all in the face.

Stinkaporeans kenna fucked and tiewed not enuff. Must have a kelingkia foreign talent to spit us in the face as well.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am disappointed that I have to pay. I don't take the mrt like the stinking poor people. If public transport commuters aren't expected to pay COE and road tax, then car owners like myself shouldn't be made to bear the costs of these shuttle buses for the poor masses. I will bring this matter up to my PAP MP cum grassroots advisor at the next Meet-the-People's session