• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie uses langauge skills to resolves misunderstanding

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean uses language skills to resolve misunderstanding between American and Chinese tourists at French airport

YQvmdhI.png

A Singaporean woman used her language skills to mediate a misunderstanding between an African American and a group of Chinese tourists in France's Charles de Gaulle airport on Saturday (Nov 5).

Ms Nuradillah Zakbah, 31, was in Paris for a stopver, enroute to Portugal on a work trip, reported Chinese newspaper Lianhe Zaobao.

She was in a queue at immigration behind an African American tourist and a group of Chinese tourists when the incident occurred.

The Chinese tourists were chatting among themselves when the American started chiding them. The Chinese tourists were puzzled as to why they were being scolded, and the two parties started quarrelling.

Ms Nuradillah said to Zaobao: "The American looked at me and said angrily 'This group of people called me n**ger when I did not do anything to them!'

"That was when I realised that the Chinese tourists had said the word "that" (na ge) in Mandarin a few times in their conversation, which sounds like the word 'n**ger'. Therefore the American tourist might have misunderstood them."

Ms Nuradillah told The Straits Times she intervened on the "spur of the moment".

Ms Nuradillah, who has taken basic Mandarin lessons, used her language skills to explain the misunderstanding to both parties. She said on Facebook she "became mediator and explained to each parties (sic) in english and my shoddy mandarin, the cultural misunderstanding".

After her intervention, both sides were slightly embarrassed and shook hands and apologised.

"I usually practise my Mandarin by watching television. My command of the language may not be very good, but I felt I had to step in to clear up the misunderstanding then," she said to Zaobao.

Her Facebook post received numerous comments that praised her act.

Through this episode, Ms Nuradillah also realised the importance of racial harmony.

"We should not take the racial harmony in Singapore for granted. There are many different cultures and races in the world, we should always seek to understand others to avoid unnecessary disagreements," she said to Zaobao.

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mooslem bitch. This type of kachang puteh deeds also want to put in Facebook to self praise. Attention whore. Cheebye allah.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is one chio Moslem with a kind heart. All peacemakers are children of Allah!! Allahu Akbar!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would have provoke them to fight and watch in glee. These two deserve to be exterminated.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
if not for the malays, the chinese sinkies would be fighting with every other races in the country. the malays kept them in check.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
never ever cross a niggress. she will snuff you out in an instance

[video=youtube;FRlDnUcmkr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRlDnUcmkr8[/video]

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have provoke them to fight and watch in glee. These two deserve to be exterminated.

Why would you want to dig your own pit to fall into? If one of them pulls out a gun and starts shooting you maybe be caught in the crossfire. Guns are very common in America. It's cheaper than an iPhone. Hee haw!