• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie monthly average $5596?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About Singapore Salaries
The average annual salary in Singapore is S$67,152. This averages out to be S$5,596 per month, inclusive of employer’s CPF contribution.
The latest surveys conducted by Robert Half and Michael Page (international recruitment agencies) indicates that in Singapore, the Median Gross Monthly Income from work, inclusive of CPF contributions of full-time employed residents is at S$4,437. This is a nominal change of 4.6% from 2012 to 2017.

Sauce: https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.seedly.sg/salary-guide-singapore/amp/

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
How they reach this average sum?
No wonder pappies want to increase gst, transport fee etc..
Robert half our forum member can shed some light?
:biggrin:

Let me do a simple calculation based on the payroll of my last company. The below is just an assumption.

3 PMETs and 3 workers all assumed to be born & bred sinkies.

HR Manager $6500

Finance Manager $6000

Engineer $3800

Security Guard $1800

Storekeeper $1700

Cleaner $1200

All added up to be $21000 & divided by 6 = $3500 a month excluding CPF.

$3500 x 1.17 = $4095 a month :biggrin:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me do a simple calculation based on the payroll of my last company. The below is just an assumption.

HR Manager $6500

Finance Manager $6000

Engineer $3800

Security Guard $1800

Storekeeper $1700

Cleaner $1200

Wah your calculations very tokong...your bottom rung staff you only hire 1 of each?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

HR Manager $6500

Finance Manager $6000

Engineer $3800

Security Guard $1800

Storekeeper $1700

Cleaner $1200

Bro not bad leh, you open international recruitment agency, got lobang bo?
Your last company wages quite high, so closed down alrdy? Also the wages allocated to each position quite strange to me.:biggrin:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro not bad leh, you open international recruitment agency, got lobang bo?
Your last company wages quite high, so closed down alrdy? Also the wages allocated to each position quite strange to me.:biggrin:

To just support my assumptions & analysis:

The 6 positions that I had selected ... they do not have a pay increment for more than 3 years liao so I considered this is a fair amount of wages.

My last company still functioning just that they become a women welfare organisation & I had left them :biggrin:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal

HR Manager $6500

Finance Manager $6000

Engineer $3800

Security Guard $1800

Storekeeper $1700

Cleaner $1200

Bro RH, you are instead a financial controller from a large MNC :thumbsup:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When I read such news I really regret and resent leaving Singapore for a 3rd World country. Life would have been much better if I'd not made the mistake. Now even if I repent its too late.

PAP da Best

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily I did not relocate to a 3rd world :poop:hole like China, Vietnam or Cambodia and I choose to fight against the malicious farkers in my country. I won handsomely and the achievement is like winning the UEFA Champion League trophy :biggrin:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1. "Average" can be either Mean, Median or Mode, which will give very different figures each.

2. As Loofydralb pointed out, unemployed and underemployed Singaporeans are not included, further skewing the figures.

The true average (considering Mean, Median and Mode) income of all Singaporeans, including unemployed and underemployed Singaporeans, is closer to $2k a month.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's thanks to PAP that since the 1980s, we have not experienced the full effects of a recession. Singapore has continued to grow and thrive, rain or shine, while our neighbours can go burst during a downturn. Look at countries like Zimbabwe and Venezuela or Indon or Philippines. These were once countries with a huge middle class, but now are mired in poverty and civil war.