• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie grad criticises other Sinkies for their unrealistic job expectations

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess Singaporeans really complain too much, compare those working in Big 4 Auditing what is 120 OT hours per month to them? Ask them does fresh graduate earn 3K? We suffer not just physical stress, we suffered numerous mental stress and think we could go insane any moment.

Tell you what, I graduate from local uni with honors, I willing to work more than 84hrs per week and sometimes shift (coming back on public holidays), I even did job such as digging human faeces and rotten food waste with maggots growing on it for 6months just for my research and I am paid $2,600.

Not only that, I am self-motivated, innovative, proposed idea for superior so that they can save or cut cost and not to mentioned never take MC for past 2 years except for 2 occasions which I am so sick that I can barely moved. I never complain about my job scope and I always try to work more than required. I have class 2 licence, knows how to troubleshoot computer (not to mention to dismantle all the parts and put them tgt), I also do know programming and advance excel and database user as I always use to analysis my data. I can do facilities management, show cleaners how to clean toilet and keep these facilities top conditions, I also carried heavy loads when my cleaners or caretakers are either too old or refuse to do these hard labour job. I can simply tell everyone, I willing to do anything, I don’t see any company willing to pay $4,000 for this kind of graduate.

I basically think nowadays, we have been complaining too much and not willing to put down you degree to the ground and work. I am supporting with Douglas Foo, Sakae Sushi, because at least they mentioned the working hours, unlike some work place we work like dogs and OT everyday without getting OT pay because our basic is more than $2,500…

Lastly, I like to ask my fellow Singaporeans, What do you want or see yourself in the future?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I even did job such as digging human faeces and rotten food waste with maggots growing on it for 6months just for my research and I am paid $2,600.

What kind of job is that?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This bugger's brain got problem. Must go and check check. I think he's got a built-in self-brainwashing system. 100% belongs to the 60.1%. Layman term for this type of people, GONG CHEEBYE.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can do facilities management, show cleaners how to clean toilet and keep these facilities top conditions, I also carried heavy loads when my cleaners or caretakers are either too old or refuse to do these hard labour job.

Lastly, I like to ask my fellow Singaporeans, What do you want or see yourself in the future?

Not a janitor I hope! No offense to our hardworking cleaners, but at his age I really won't see that as a career option if I am a CPA.

I even did job such as digging human faeces and rotten food waste with maggots growing on it for 6months just for my research and I am paid $2,600.

That cute girl over at Accounting will never look the same again.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess Singaporeans really complain too much, compare those working in Big 4 Auditing what is 120 OT hours per month to them? Ask them does fresh graduate earn 3K? We suffer not just physical stress, we suffered numerous mental stress and think we could go insane any moment.

Tell you what, I graduate from local uni with honors, I willing to work more than 84hrs per week and sometimes shift (coming back on public holidays), I even did job such as digging human faeces and rotten food waste with maggots growing on it for 6months just for my research and I am paid $2,600.

Not only that, I am self-motivated, innovative, proposed idea for superior so that they can save or cut cost and not to mentioned never take MC for past 2 years except for 2 occasions which I am so sick that I can barely moved. I never complain about my job scope and I always try to work more than required. I have class 2 licence, knows how to troubleshoot computer (not to mention to dismantle all the parts and put them tgt), I also do know programming and advance excel and database user as I always use to analysis my data. I can do facilities management, show cleaners how to clean toilet and keep these facilities top conditions, I also carried heavy loads when my cleaners or caretakers are either too old or refuse to do these hard labour job. I can simply tell everyone, I willing to do anything, I don’t see any company willing to pay $4,000 for this kind of graduate.

I basically think nowadays, we have been complaining too much and not willing to put down you degree to the ground and work. I am supporting with Douglas Foo, Sakae Sushi, because at least they mentioned the working hours, unlike some work place we work like dogs and OT everyday without getting OT pay because our basic is more than $2,500…

40 years ago many sinkies were like that. They shared LKY "vision" of a better tomorrow for your children. Trust him, he say, and together we can achieve. Everyone want to do "duti" - overtime.
But now that vision has turned out to be a more of a betrayal. That tomorrow he promises were only for his familee and cronies. All other sinkies are basically back to where we were 40 years ago but in a developed city.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This type of people really deserved it. Better chop a place in IMH for him as he can go insane any moment.

So sad.

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
40years ago, my father paid 9k for a big 3 room hdb in redhill, now 40 years later my son will have to pay 700k, probably keeps paying for the rest of his life.... better life?
pap can come suck my kuku cheow