• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Gives Up Prawn Mee Hawker Stall To Return To Nursing To Help PAP Fight Against Covid-19 Virus! What Have Oppies Done To Help Sinkies? Nothing!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
12445876-prawnvilliage-replacement_0.jpg
12445876-prawnvilliage-replacement_0.jpg

Last week, 8days.sg first reported on prawn mee hawker Anson Loo, a former nurse who’s giving up his food stall to return to nursing right when healthcare workers worldwide are fighting the Covid-19 virus outbreak. For the past three years, he has been manning his Prawn Village stall, which had steadily gained a fan base of regulars who love the 41-year-old’s Penang-style prawn noodles.

After our first story went viral, Anson was suddenly “flooded” with questions from anxious customers wanting an update on his stall. In response to the queries, Prawn Village’s Facebook page posted an announcement regarding the closure news last night (Feb 17).

It stated: “Thank you everyone for your feedback and patience after the News [sic] about Anson going back to Nursing. His initial intention is to close Prawn Village by end March.

But we heard you and Anson is meeting with groups of people to discuss if there are ways to continue it. Otherwise, he would wish to go back Nursing [sic] as soon as possible.

However, nothing is concrete at this moment. Once again, we seek for your patience and wait for our updates [sic].

Prawn Village will continue till further notice.”

Read more at https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/ne...m-closing-stall-to-be-a-nurse-during-12444776

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
JohnTan,
welcome back!

Thanks! I've been busy helping our grassroots advisers and PA leaders help residents deal with the Covid-19 virus. The speech given by our PA deputy chairman, Bro Chun Sing, was inspiring and full of hard truths. Sinkies need to stay calm and resilient. Rushing out to hoard supplies makes us look like idiots.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the virus will pass, right?

From my inside info with the grassroots leaders, we will survive this crisis quite well. We have lots of food, face masks and toilet rolls. Most sinkies have also closed ranks with our grassroots advisers and grassroots leaders to work as a team. As a landlord, I also feel reassured that I'll receive rental rebates for giving my tenants a discount on their rent for the short term. We'll pull through this together. Majulah PAP! Majulah Singapura!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
From my inside info with the grassroots leaders, we will survive this crisis quite well. We have lots of food, face masks and toilet rolls. Most sinkies have also closed ranks with our grassroots advisers and grassroots leaders to work as a team. As a landlord, I also feel reassured that I'll receive rental rebates for giving my tenants a discount on their rent for the short term. We'll pull through this together. Majulah PAP! Majulah Singapura!
I have complete faith and trust in the pap, they will lead us through this crisis. We will be OK. :biggrin::rolleyes: