• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Chitchat Sinkie Earns $179 Per Day By Non-Stop Delivering GrabFood For 12 Hours! Underemployed Sinkies And Oppies Inspired To Go Work Hard?

Earning $S15 per hour on a physically strenuous dead end job... surely that's something to be proud of. :wink:

Why never use e-scooter?
Malay delivery guy must have breaks for sembahyang, apart from lunch, tea, dinner and supper. The most can work 6 hours a day.

UltimaOnline

Assuming no rest day, that's $5k+ per month. The average monthly salary in Singapore (if you include those underemployed + unemployed) is approximately $2k per month.

koala88

Earning $S15 per hour on a physically strenuous dead end job... surely that's something to be proud of. :wink:

Australia minimum wage is A$19.49 an hour. Only need to work 9+ hours to get that $179.

S$15 per hour is something John Tan is so proud of?

Assuming no rest day, that's $5k+ per month. The average monthly salary in Singapore (if you include those underemployed + unemployed) is approximately $2k per month.
the pay is still low as it is designed for part timers and not a career,,,,in addition, there is no employer CPF contribution and no benefits like Annual leave and medical leave. So basically the drivers are subsidising the passengers and the transport company. But that is the way of the world and the gig economy is the future so prepare for more working poor

A hawker's job has no CPF and medical leave too. So, the worker should work harder to accumulate more cash and exercise more to stay healthy. I rarely take medical leave because I exercise regularly, volunteer at the grassroots and eat healthy. Besides, I thought most oppies would support gig cash jobs because they often don't give CPF, which oppies distrust immensely. Oppies have been saying for decades that the CPF is broke.

The CPF was a good system,,,but its been exploited and bastardised by the pappies that it is now a pappie cash cow and not for the people,,,if the pap did its job,,CPF returns should at least be 5% and the draw out age should be 55. Not the bastardised system it is now,,with minimum sum and all that crap

PAP made the mistake of allowing sinkies to use CPF to pay for their housing loan. I strongly disagreed with this change in policy. It was a bad idea.

If sinkies have kept their money in the CPF, HDB housing prices wouldn't have inflated to the level it is today. And most sinkies would have easily another $150k more in their accounts, accruing a compounded 4% per annum. It would helped a lot with their retirement plans.

PAP made the mistake of allowing sinkies to use CPF to pay for their housing loan. I strongly disagreed with this change in policy. It was a bad idea.

If sinkies have kept their money in the CPF, HDB housing prices wouldn't have inflated to the level it is today. And most sinkies would have easily another $150k more in their accounts, accruing a compounded 4% per annum. It would helped a lot with their retirement plans.
hdb prices are dropping so pap just allowed singkies to invest in a depreciating asset