• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Couple With 7 Kids Need $3000 A Month! Guess Race And Religion!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

SINGAPORE: Eight-year-old Raphael Heng found himself asking all his classmates: How many siblings did they have? That's how he figured out how unusual his family was - in the entire class, his was the biggest by far.

The middle child of seven children, and the only boy, he said: “I have more sisters than friends. (My classmates) say it’s very unfair because I have more siblings than them.”

Certainly, there's never a dull moment in the Heng household, where simply keeping track of everyone is a miniature feat. To the extent that the family almost left home once without Raphael, when they were setting off for an outing to the swimming pool.

Harder to manage than the logistics of going out, however, are the family’s expenses. So when Raphael wants his favourite snack at the supermarket, mum Esther Heng, 40, often has to tell him to wait until another time.

“Which one is more worth it?” she asked him, pointing to his snack and a loaf of sliced bread that would feed everyone in the family for the same price of S$2.

otrd-full-house-hengs-7.jpg

Despite the trend here towards having fewer children (or none at all), a few families like the Hengs have gone against the grain. The programme On The Red Dot spent months filming three families with large (by today's standards) broods, to see what it takes to raise a big family in Singapore today. (Watch the series here.)

GETTING BY WITH HELP

In the case of the Hengs, it was dad David who did not want to stop at two, which was his wife’s “initial plan”. Now they have seven between the ages of three and 16.

It comes as no surprise when Mr Heng says he loves children. “Many couples would rather not have children, or they have a maximum of two,” said the 42-year-old. "I see children not as a burden but as an inheritance – as a blessing.”

He comes from a small family himself, with just two siblings.

His wife has a younger sister only, which is why she did not expect to have so many children. A secondary school teacher for a decade, she quit after her fifth child, Arielle, was born in 2011.

Raising their children on just one breadwinner's salary, however, has not been easy.

otrd-full-house-hengs-4.jpg

Their monthly expenses amount to about S$3,000, which means there is nothing left to set aside as savings from Mr Heng's income as a social service worker.

His parents help out, and the family receives assistance from the Social Service Office with things like the conservancy charges for their five-room Housing and Development Board flat. Their children are under the Education Ministry’s Financial Assistance Scheme, and the family can tap the Community Health Assist Scheme for their medical bills.

Sometimes, Mr Heng also gets a “love offering” from his church friends. “They’d drop by and bless us with groceries or even bless the children with tickets to Universal Studios,” he said. His church has gifted them with staycations and trips to Malaysia.

And “that’s how we’ve been living our lives for the last 11 years”, he said, since he left the army to work in social service.

otrd-full-house-hengs-12.jpg

To save costs, the younger children must share their toys. And grocery trips are fraught with dilemmas.

“When I buy things from the supermarket, I always have to check the prices,” said Mrs Heng, who looks for offers such as double-purchase discounts.

“Because we’re such a big family, we’ve been living minimally … We don’t get to eat out in restaurants that often. We sometimes do eat out, but it’s just at food courts and the coffee shop.”

AN OVERWORKED MUM

Since March, however, Mrs Heng has been increasingly concerned about the stability of their family income, after her husband abruptly quit his job at a children’s home.

Having coached at-risk youth, Mr Heng decided to start his own company conducting enrichment workshops for such youth and their guardians.

While waiting for his enterprise to take off, he has been working part-time on projects for children with special needs, and freelancing for another company to bring children to heritage sites. His current earnings fall short by about S$500 a month.

Despite this financial uncertainty, he felt it was the right to move shift gears. In the last two years especially, because of shift work that included nights and weekends, he'd not been spending enough time with his family.

I was doing so much for these other children (at work), but my own children didn’t even see me at home. I was an absent daddy.

“That, I think, in a way has caused some strains in the family," he said.

otrd-full-house-hengs-3.jpg

Mrs Heng's entire day revolves around her supersized family. “I cook, I wash, I fold the laundry,” she said, her most precious ally the washing machine.

“I can do without the TV, but … if the washing machine breaks down, that would mean I have to hand-wash five to six people’s clothes every day. It’s no joke.”

She had a domestic helper once, but the family could ill-afford one after she became a stay-at-home mum. And Mrs Heng feels she has even less personal time now, than when she was working as a teacher.

otrd-full-house-hengs-11.jpg

“When I’m overwhelmed with their schoolwork deadlines and then a lot of housework, or if one of them is ill, and I’ve to handle so many things … I do think about whether I’m raising them all by myself,” she said.

There are times I just want to have a meal by myself, without the children calling me every 30 seconds: ‘Mummy, I need a bowl; Mummy, I need this; Mummy, my drink spilled; I need chopsticks.’

She also wakes the children up, prepares their breakfast, walks them to school and tutors them. Her day starts at 6am and ends at 11pm.

Though her youngest, Isabella, stays with her in-laws on weekdays, Mrs Heng is still too swamped to cook on most days, so the family uses a tingkat meal delivery service.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...er-3000-month-singapore-large-family-10462664

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The MIW is highlighting the story to deflect that ONE RACE, that are covered from head to toes, having 5 - 8 kids; which many of us...will snigger when we see them. The other thing is the MIW must be damn happy that this pig mated with a sow....her nipples, must be as big as the dinner plate by now...& the other Raphael, the holy one, must be shaking the head. What church are they attending, that can support a couple, one not working & have 7 kids?, must be making millions like the PxP, every month.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's like Father Abraham!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

father Abraham....descendants were beyond the number of stars...but this is no ABRAHAM, this is Raphael Heng, remove the church & the money from the gifts...the couple will be in the poor house & would be a burden to society...all it need is for one to contract an incurable disease. Let's pray that the God of Abraham bless them with good health...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The MIW is highlighting the story to deflect that ONE RACE, that are covered from head to toes, having 5 - 8 kids; which many of us...will snigger when we see them. The other thing is the MIW must be damn happy that this pig mated with a sow....her nipples, must be as big as the dinner plate by now...& the other Raphael, the holy one, must be shaking the head. What church are they attending, that can support a couple, one not working & have 7 kids?, must be making millions like the PxP, every month.

Your kids and grand kids won't be sniggering when they grow up in a sinkie society where they are of equal numbers or even outnumbered by intolerant islamists.

The future belongs to those who show up for it. How many of your kids and grand kids will show up for the future? On hindsight, my wife and I should have had more kids since we could easily afford it. We are now having more unprotected sex. Wish us luck!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your kids and grand kids won't be sniggering when they grow up in a sinkie society where they are of equal numbers or even outnumbered by intolerant islamists.

The future belongs to those who show up for it. How many of your kids and grand kids will show up for the future? On hindsight, my wife and I should have had more kids since we could easily afford it. We are now having more unprotected sex. Wish us luck!

I don't have kids or grandkids...if I do have they would not be born here & the males, would not have the privilege to volunteer for NS. This couple are leeches & is living off the church & the donations that come from the parishioners... The church must sustain enough signed up parishioners to donate their tithes every month to feed enough of these people...this has a strange familiar, forgotten, feeling relating to CPF.

The point is....they are giving God a bad name!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't have kids or grandkids...if I do have they would not be born here & the males, would not have the privilege to volunteer for NS. This couple are leeches & is living off the church & the donations that come from the parishioners... The church must sustain enough signed up parishioners to donate their tithes every month to feed enough of these people...this has a strange familiar, forgotten, feeling relating to CPF.

How is creating more believers through higher reproduction rate giving God a bad name?

I would say they are serving God far better than many of my christian friends who are busy volunteering their services playing music or singing in services but have few or little children.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The family is following the PAP policy to have more kids and should be given the friend of the PAP award-so why are they living like a church mouse.
Simple-PAP tells you to have more children so they need not import foreigners-but who is going to support all these kids -the PAP?
The PAP can spend $20mm for trump and kim to meet for 45 minutes but how much has it given this Heng family?

Last edited:

Zumba2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yea wish you the best of luck and may you get STD from your wife.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
KNN is he qualified to be a social service worker when himself need social service KNN
Such an irony, right?

Yes, children are a blessing (in most cases). But that shouldn't mean he and his wife should have seven kids, and live like paupers. This is irresponsible and shows a lack of foresight and good judgement.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a scumbag irresponsible father this fucker

He is sole breadwinner of family with 7 kids and yet he quits a regular pay job to do freelancing. I sure hope he doesn't provide counselling for others. He can't even help himself!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
His parents help out, and the family receives assistance from the Social Service Office with things like the conservancy charges for their five-room Housing and Development Board flat. Their children are under the Education Ministry’s Financial Assistance Scheme, and the family can tap the Community Health Assist Scheme for their medical bills.

At least he is very good in applying for all sorts of grants. What an irresponsible scumbag though!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agree absolutely, apart from turning water into ribena and the feeding of 5 loaves and 2 fishes for the masses in the biblical sense, this fucker (literally) must not follow the example of moses in parting the red sea, and his wife's legs - when he has the urge for dessert :frown: