• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie celeb drove at a speed of 131kmh on a road where the limit was 70kmh

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actor Gurmit Singh fined and banned from driving for speeding at 131kmh​

Gurmit Singh leaving the State Courts on Jun 8, 2021. (Photo: Try Sutrisno Foo)
By Lydia Lam@LydiaLamCNA
08 Jun 2021 02:24PM(Updated: 08 Jun 2021 02:53PM)

Bookmark​

SINGAPORE: Local celebrity Gurmit Singh was fined S$800 and banned from driving for three months for speeding on Tuesday (Jun 8).
The 56-year-old actor and presenter, best known for his sitcom character Phua Chu Kang, pleaded guilty to one count under the Road Traffic Act for exceeding the speed limit while driving a vehicle.

He drove at a speed of 131kmh on a road where the limit was 70kmh, the court heard.
Singh, who was named as Gurmit Singh Virk Chainchal Singh, was unrepresented and turned up in a grey long-sleeved shirt and pants.

Gurmit Singh leaving the State Courts on Jun 8, 2021. (Photo: Try Sutrisno Foo)

The prosecutor sought a driving ban and left the sentence to the court. She said Singh has no prior convictions.

Singh told the court that he was driving to fetch his son from the workplace he was interning at when he noticed a "flapping sound".
"After I got him :rolleyes: I wanted him to hear the same sound, so I realised it comes out at 100kmh," he said.
"Of course I'm not saying I should drive at that speed at that street, but it was just a short (distance). I don't know how I got 131, I wish I knew, but I just ask the court's understanding that I'm not this reckless driver who does this daily. It's just a one-off thing I wanted my son to hear."
District Judge Salina Ishak told him he could have put his son's life in danger, as well as his own.

"I understand, your honour. I regret doing what I did," said Singh.
Singh recently reprised his role as contractor Phua Chu Kang for a song in support of COVID-19 vaccines.
The penalties for speeding for a first-time offender are a jail term of up to three months, a fine of up to S$1,000, or both.
This is doubled for repeat offenders. Drivers who are convicted of speeding can be banned from driving for whatever period the court deems fit.
Source: CNA/ll(cy)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
what car he got? 131kph in a 70 zone is nothing lah. PAPsmearer has done that plenty of time.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wanted him to hear the same sound......once a talk cock king, always a talk cock king:biggrin:
lets see how the judge punish this porlumpar

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should say that it was Phua Chu Kang who was speeding, not him. :unsure:

NP_20210604_ALPCK_6592208.jpg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.... so he has proven that speeding can be justified with some talk cock reason!

"I wanted him to hear the warning sound of speeding!"

1623138023906.png

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The smart alec answers he gave in court - was he in character as Phua Chu Kang?
He was talking cock. I think he gave up the Lambo a little while back and is now
driving a MPV. Used to throw his Lambo keys on the table prior to giving his
MLM spill in his recruitment drives. Ya Ya Papaya.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why no one complain PCK is a racist character.
Someone paint themselves black already kenna called out.