• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkapore PRs enjoy unfair advantage !

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
High time to fcuk the three- quarter tank rule.
PAP's pets enjoy cheap petrol, cheap housing at Johor, and get all the benefits from PAP in sinkapore.

LTA ups ERP rate at the expense of local drivers.
This problem has been going on many moons ago.

LTA dares to annouce the number of vehicles owned by PRs.

Below is a forum letter by Kevin wong--

I HAVE noticed that there is an increasing number of Singapore permanent residents (PRs) living in neighbouring Johor and driving into Singapore.

They drive Singapore-registered cars during peak hours and contribute to massive jams along all major expressways as well as the two land checkpoints. They live in Johor, enjoy subsidised petrol which is extended only to Malaysians and hardly spend a cent in Singapore.

So why do Singaporeans have to pay similar electronic road pricing (ERP) charges as PRs when it is this latter group that jams up the roads?

If the Government's rhetoric of 'Singaporeans first' applies to the health and public housing sectors, then it should extend to the ERP as well.

Perhaps the Land Transport Authority could comment on the issue and also make it known to the public what percentage of car owners (including off-peak cars) are PRs?

I would also like to suggest that PRs driving Singapore-registered cars pay higher toll fees to offset the ERP charges during peak hours.

Kevin Wong

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
My colleague lives in JB, need to wake up real early, noticed that he take more urgent leave and report sick more often after moving there.

But SGD500 can only rent a common room here, 800 ringgit there can rent a condo apartment.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there is much he can save. For three quarter tank, he may save a little less the toll fees. In fact he is actually saving on accomodation and parking fee in Singapore. Imagine the hassle of waking up early and has to brave the traffic jams. Everyday is a nightmare for him.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know another Malaysian guy, bought 3-rm flat with brother, then rented out the flat, chose to stay in JB, commuting by motor everyday, can make alot in ringgit terms.

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not just the jiu hu kias that benefit wat. chinamen, blacks, banglas, gooks, burmese, hookers from china, thailand, burma, vietname etc all benefit as well as the white guys