• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

singpost offers $10 voucher for losing a 5k parcel

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinpost lost a registered mail which I had sent to the US. They knew that there was a problem but didn't even bother to notify me even though thet had my contact info. Anyone who has ever sent a registered mail knows that you have to provide your contact information to Singpost as part of the registration process.

From that experience I've learned not to send anything important using Singpost. That's why the only thing I use them for is to send Xmas cards:biggrin:

Last edited:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not running down Canadian Post, but we are lucky so far that our Singpost postmen do not bring mail home, commit mail thefts, and dump the load if it became too tough to deliver them.

CP has a long history of undelivered mail discovered in postal workers' homes...they get charged in court but then your parcels long gone..not even C$10 to boot.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they did back in 2011.

Can't find the news on it, but here's a post from the forum folks back then:
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?95312-Ex-Postman-charged-with-theft-at-SingPost

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinpost lost a registered mail which I had sent to the US. They knew that there was a problem but didn't even bother to notify me even though thet had my contact info. Anyone who has ever sent a registered mail knows that you have to provide your contact information to Singpost as part of the registration process.

There is REGISTERED and then there is AR REGISTERED. SingPost is not furnished with the sender's contact info for simply REGISTERED items. The sender only gets a tracking number for REGISTERED post. Only in AR REGISTERED will SingPost ask the sender to furnish contact info; and once the item is received then the sender gets confirmation by a signed receipt from the recipient.

I use SingPost REGISTERED to send items locally and abroad all the time, as I am an ebayer. So far I've had no problems. Occasionally when I feel there may be a potential problem will I raise the level of registration to AR REGISTERED. (It costs just an extra $1 to do so.) I have done that a few times, and, again, no problems.

People talk about using DHL and Fedex. They can do so. However, I think most would balk once they discover the cost involved. Everything is usually done on a cost-effective basis.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is REGISTERED and then there is AR REGISTERED. SingPost is not furnished with the sender's contact info for simply REGISTERED items. The sender only gets a tracking number for REGISTERED post. Only in AR REGISTERED will SingPost ask the sender to furnish contact info; and once the item is received then the sender gets confirmation by a signed receipt from the recipient.

I use SingPost REGISTERED to send items locally and abroad all the time, as I am an ebayer. So far I've had no problems. Occasionally when I feel there may be a potential problem will I raise the level of registration to AR REGISTERED. (It costs just an extra $1 to do so.) I have done that a few times, and, again, no problems.

People talk about using DHL and Fedex. They can do so. However, I think most would balk once they discover the cost involved. Everything is usually done on a cost-effective basis.

The important thing is they lost a registered mail Don't you think they should at least inform the people who took the trouble to pay for the extra $$ for the service that the mail was lost:confused:

I was sending a cheque with a 5 figure sum which I was closely monitoring . Otherwise it would have taken longer to detect the the lost of the mail.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The important thing is they lost a registered mail Don't you think they should at least inform the people who took the trouble to pay for the extra $$ for the service that the mail was lost:confused:

I was sending a cheque with a 5 figure sum which I was closely monitoring . Otherwise it would have taken longer to detect the the lost of the mail.

You might want to re-read what I said. Whatever the sum was, i.e. 5 figures or 10 figures, is irrelevant. If you just posted your cheque as REGISTERED and not AR REGISTERED SingPost does not have your contact details.

It seems some people do not know what service they used, or they have faulty memories about what they used.

People should read the Terms & Conditions of any service they use.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You might want to re-read what I said. Whatever the sum was, i.e. 5 figures or 10 figures, is irrelevant. If you just posted your cheque as REGISTERED and not AR REGISTERED SingPost does not have your contact details.

It seems some people do not know what service they used, or they have faulty memories about what they used.

People should read the Terms & Conditions of any service they use.

They have my contact details. It is all SOP when you send a registered mail.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use REGISTERED mail by SingPost all the time and no contact details are furnished. Only in AR REGISTERED are contact details furnished.

In the past whenever I sent a registerd mail I had to provide all the details. Back then they would also provide you with a copy as proof of registration.

I guess Singpost decided to streamline their processes & simply take the $$ & leave out any responsibilities of service out:rolleyes:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not running down Canadian Post, but we are lucky so far that our Singpost postmen do not bring mail home, commit mail thefts, and dump the load if it became too tough to deliver them.

CP has a long history of undelivered mail discovered in postal workers' homes...they get charged in court but then your parcels long gone..not even C$10 to boot.

it happens to my block.
think 2 years back
this lazy postman(no race mentioned) will keep the postage he suppposed to put in the letter box.
suddenly a period of time, letter keep coming in late.what suppose to received alway came 3 to 4 days late.
call up singpost , kindly tell them.
this trend ended.
but it is not the end,
the history repeat...
call singpost, fucked them, questioned them, drilled them.
it has not happened again.
think the lazy postman kena sacked.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past whenever I sent a registerd mail I had to provide all the details. Back then they would also provide you with a copy as proof of registration.

I guess Singpost decided to streamline their processes & simply take the $$ & leave out any responsibilities of service out:rolleyes:

I would also like to add that the drop in service standards is a trend with Singpost.

A few months ago they stopped home re-deliveries. If you are not at home when the postman makes a delivery. Then that's it. They will not make a second attempt. You are expected to go down & pick the parcel from the post office.

In the past you simply had to call them to have the parcel re-delivered.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No courier company is going to compensate her $5K, not just Singpost. She obviously had not insured it. For something worth $5K why Singpost?

Yes courier company have T&C & would want to know the contents If the contents is valuable for 5K, some would use personal courier. Obviously this person is leaving out a lot of information.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would also like to add that the drop in service standards is a trend with Singpost.

A few months ago they stopped home re-deliveries. If you are not at home when the postman makes a delivery. Then that's it. They will not make a second attempt. You are expected to go down & pick the parcel from the post office.

In the past you simply had to call them to have the parcel re-delivered.

They have now reverted back to pick up from the nearest Post Office like before I hope, for recent months, you have to go down to Main PO at Paya Lebar.