• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans will always be our top priority....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That includes the new ones of course....

The Straits Times

www.straitstimes.com

Published on May 2, 2012

Singaporeans will always be top priority: PM
Citizens are at the core of all policies, he says

By Leslie Koh

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong promised Singaporeans on Tuesday that they would always take top priority in employment policies.

Whether it was adjusting the supply of foreign workers or the pursuit of economic growth, he said the Government seeks to maximise the advantages for its citizens, and to provide them with jobs and a share of the nation's success.

'Let me be quite clear. Singaporeans will always be our priority. This is the purpose of all our policies,' he told some 1,600 unionists, employers and government officials gathered at Downtown East for the annual May Day rally.

He acknowledged, however, that there are serious challenges ahead, particularly in lifting the earnings of lower-wage workers here.

Copyright © 2011 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singaporeans will always be out top priority....

[
hahaha...u twit, lhl is making a politically correct statement but only the alternative gahmen can deliver such a promise.
u don't know what u are missing...lol.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

'Let me be quite clear. Singaporeans will always be our priority. This is the purpose of all our policies,' he told some 1,600 unionists, employers and government officials gathered at Downtown East for the annual May Day rally.

Well, looks like BT has given our beloved PM a tight slap.

http://www.salary.sg/2012/45-percent-of-workers-in-singapore-are-foreigners/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+salarysg+%28Salary.sg+-+Your+Salary+in+Singapore%29

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That includes the new ones of course....

The Straits Times

www.straitstimes.com
however, that there are serious challenges ahead, particularly in lifting the earnings of lower-wage workers here.

With that, how I wished we could have General Election every year and throw the shit back to Lee Hsien Loong.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pinky is not exactly wrong. Sinkies will always have first priority over foreigners when it comes to serving NS and getting recalled for reslavery, getting poorly paid jobs that few want to do, giving up places in universities, and getting screwed by a truckload of overpaid and self-serving scum.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are naturally Singapore's top priority. I would think that's a given which doesn't require a statement, less so by the PM of Singapore. That the PM has to come out and explicitly state something so obvious is ironic and sad at the same time.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
Whether it was adjusting the supply of foreign workers or the pursuit of economic growth, he said the Government seeks to maximise the advantages for its citizens, and to provide them with jobs and a share of the nation's success.

'Let me be quite clear. Singaporeans will always be our priority. This is the purpose of all our policies,' he told some 1,600

He acknowledged, however, that there are serious challenges ahead, particularly in lifting the earnings of lower-wage workers here

These are cleverly crafted words indeed.

"Maximise" means even if we have to treat foreigners better than locals.
"Provide them jobs.....and share of the nation's success" means as long as I deliver this why do you question whether the foreigners get more and better jobs or greater share of our success?
"Singapore will always be our priority" means of course that is my job taking care of Singapore. Singapore is my top priority, not USA, not Malaysia but how I hope it can be ptherwise.
"there are serious challenges in lifting the earnings of lower wages workers" means I don't have the answer to that and even if I have, I am not going to sacrifice the benefits of keeping it at status quo.

If it is just lip services, it doesn't matter what words you use.

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
www.straitstimes.com

Published on May 2, 2012

Singaporeans will always be top priority: PM
Citizens are at the core of all policies, he says

By Leslie Koh

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong promised Singaporeans on Tuesday that they would always take top priority in employment policies.

He acknowledged, however, that there are serious challenges ahead, particularly in lifting the earnings of lower-wage workers here.

Action speaks louder than words, but best if one can show the result.

Just look at LHL's facbook and you will find a strange phenomenon, LHL is the only PM in the world who is widely supported by new citizens and PRs (especially from PRC and Philippines) but critical by his own native citizen. This is proof of which side LHL and team priorities when come to forming policies.

LHL is not true to his words and is a hypocrite.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he not afraid that by telling lies too often he will have his tongue cut off or he will become mute or he will meet with a retribution ?