• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean George Yeo proposes creating a China Commonwealth as his brilliant solution for Taiwan-China conflict

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1694590208-65016500ae99c.jpg

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4997628

We should nominate Rear-Admiral George for a Nobel Peace prize already.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i were him, i will shut the fuck up and say i have no comments.
Just go taiwan and enjoy the food and fucking the meis meis.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i were him, i will shut the fuck up and say i have no comments.
Just go taiwan and enjoy the food and fucking the meis meis.

Not an option. His CCP masters want him to perform.

maxresdefault.jpg
Screenshot-2020-10-30-at-3.03.27-PM.png

This is an official infographic found on the Xinhua website. I rest my case. :cool:

139932998_16204826444821n.jpg

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apparently CCS's trip to CCP didn't meet the passing grade. Think still need ah loong gor to come out and settle.

orh mee suah

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's the Potsdam Declaration and Sino-Japanese peace treaty to prove that Taiwan is part of China.
So, it's true that the issue has long been settled.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's trying to stay relevant and doesn't want to (but probably will) be remembered as the first PAP minister to lose a GRC.

History remembers. Always.

Aljunied ftw!

orh mee suah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said, Taiwan is part of China n the KMT is the legitimate gahmen of ah Tiong land
Chiang's army fled the mainland and the KMT government in Taiwan was later abandoned by the US.
That's the trouble.
The civil war is unfinished. Theoretically, there's still a chance for KMT to reunite with the mainland.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's the Potsdam Declaration and Sino-Japanese peace treaty to prove that Taiwan is part of China.
So, it's true that the issue has long been settled.
during ww2 and potsdam china was roc, not prc. roc and prc different regimes, different chinas.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwan has it's own government, army , airforce and navy. They have pension system in place. They have good medical help in place. They have their own culture own set of values.

China while trying to unite Taiwan, they should think of better ways to seduce Taiwan to go into the arms of China. Or best of it , do a better system. Present something different. Convince the world that your way is much more superior to the present system. If not , no one is going to believe in you.

Same if China wants to replace USA and rewrite their own rule. China should tell and show the way that they are better in leading the world. Not trying to threaten the present system and destroy the way of life without a hope that a new and better system will be in place.

China has been very ambitious but it still lagging in all ways.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taiwan has it's own government, army , airforce and navy. They have pension system in place. They have good medical help in place. They have their own culture own set of values.

China while trying to unite Taiwan, they should think of better ways to seduce Taiwan to go into the arms of China. Or best of it , do a better system. Present something different. Convince the world that your way is much more superior to the present system. If not , no one is going to believe in you.

Same if China wants to replace USA and rewrite their own rule. China should tell and show the way that they are better in leading the world. Not trying to threaten the present system and destroy the way of life without a hope that a new and better system will be in place.

China has been very ambitious but it still lagging in all ways.
tw has tincan buildings while prc is no better with tofu buildings. thus, tw will look for better role model.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
It might have a decent chance of working 10 - 15 years ago, but it's not gonna cut the mustard now.

With the recent tectonic shift in US-Sino power and influence globally, there is no incentive for China to accept this nebulous "Chinese Commonwealth". The DPP under William Lai has already shifted to light blue in terms of advocating for status quo, peace talks, respect for ROC etc. All three major political parties in Taiwan are now continuing Ma Ying Jeou's 3 Nos policy, i.e. the risk of Taiwanese independence is close to a statistical zero.

What would be the point of China giving up on its demands for the 1 country 2 system in favor of something half-baked like what George Yeo is proposing? Once they lock in to this commonwealth thing, it would yet add more unnecessary obstacles to what is otherwise a favorable trend towards peaceful reunification under the 1C2S.

Just like poker you go for the jugular when the odds are heavily stacked in your favor, not settle for small change.
William Lai = Ma Ying Jeou?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiang's army fled the mainland and the KMT government in Taiwan was later abandoned by the US.
That's the trouble.
The civil war is unfinished. Theoretically, there's still a chance for KMT to reunite with the mainland.
That means The fuckeins actually have a right to invade ChiCons land and overthrow the ChiCons

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is cheap .
I have a solution also, Taiwan will reunite with motherland China when CCP is kicked out and China becomes a democratic country with free and fair elections,
Look at history and see how many communist countries are left?