• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore was not a fucking fishing village in mangrove swamps

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it was not. It was already the centre of commerce and all tin, rubber and whatever you can find in peninsular malaysia was exported through singapore. If you look at the ktm (keretapi tanah melayu) rail line, it points staright to singapore.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have lah. i remember geylang was still a kampung with mangrove, m&d running through the village, and coconut trees all around when i was 6.9 years old.

geylang-serai-malay-kampong-1960.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore was not a fucking fishing village in mangrove swamps

Amazing! Unlike what we being told by Lee Kuan Yew and PAP, Singapore not a fucking fishing village in mangrove before he took charge and cause the sun to rise in the East each day and rains to fall and flowers to bloom.

Please stop spreading nonsense. Singapore was a fishing village prior to PAP forming the government.

The history of Singapore is one of luck, location and astute planning that changed a small, backwater fishing hole into one of the world's leading global hubs for trade, finance and travel.

Much of what makes up Singapore today - its focus on banking and trade, the oil industry, ethnic quarters, the links to China, English as the official language - were already characteristics during the developing

http://www.live-work-play-singapore.com/History-of-Singapore.html

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please stop spreading nonsense. Singapore was a fishing village prior to PAP forming the government.

The history of Singapore is one of luck, location and astute planning that changed a small, backwater fishing hole into one of the world's leading global hubs for trade, finance and travel.

Much of what makes up Singapore today - its focus on banking and trade, the oil industry, ethnic quarters, the links to China, English as the official language - were already characteristics during the developing

http://www.live-work-play-singapore.com/History-of-Singapore.html

ROTFFLMFAOLKITA !!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can vouch for JohnTan and eatshitndie! My maternal grandmother lived in a kampong somewhere around Tampines/Changi area until 1983, raising chickens and pigs for a living. I remember catching lots of tadpoles whenever it rained continuously for a few days. That was when I was about 5 to 6 years old.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
British Empire ruled Singapore and never intend to build this colonial island into modern England despite the monopolized opium trade with 40% of the economy was opium trading targeting Chinese community.

As such Singapore was a fishing village indeed.

So if u see one angmoh fuck them deep deep scold them for turning Singapore into opium colonial State.

Chase the pommies out of Singapore.