• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore, the tiny state with military clout

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
All china need to do is to finance the construction of Kra Canal to bypass the blockage at Strait of Malacca and we are finish without even firing a single shot. Now we are still happily playing the role of regional stooge for US to contain China. Does sinkie really know what is it they are defending?

Yup. Maybe that is when the F-15SG and the KC-135 will come in useful. Send a strike package up there to bomb the construction. Otherwise, all the big military is just useless. In the last 40 years, and even for the foreseeable future, all the threats have been domestic in nature eg. riots, terrorism, etc. Even the Konfrontasi parachute drop was a suicide mission by saboteurs, and not a prelude to a ful scale invasion by Indonesia. All the F-15s, F-35, Stealth frigate and subs in the world cannot protect you from this domestic threats.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The SAF might be well armed but I suspect it is a paper tiger. On paper it might look impressive but it is based on conscripts & I have doubts that Sporeans will come to the defense of the PAP or rather LKY & Sons Pte Ltd:rolleyes:

They have called us "lesser mortals & treat us as 3rd class. They have also refuse to return our money i.e. CPF. So who wants to defend a system which favours inequality:confused:

Most professional armies of the world usually test out their soldiers, military leadership, and equipment in some form of combat or another. That is why countries that have not been to war in 50 years will send their troops for UN Peacekeeping missions in hotspots like Somalia, Kosovo, Bosnia, etc. These are real shooting conflicts and incur combat casualties, but that is the true test of their organizations. SO, that when they have to go to really large scale conflicts like the Gulf War, they have an idea of how their tactics and equipment will perform. Singapore does no such thing. They may send engineers or medical teams to Afghanistan or the Persian Gulf, but these are under "pacified control", and not in frontline areas where there is high likelihood of fighting. Given this scenario, its extremely scary when a totally untested army, regardless of how well equipped it is, has to go to war. There is nothing like the school of hard knocks especially in war.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given this scenario, its extremely scary when a totally untested army, regardless of how well equipped it is, has to go to war. There is nothing like the school of hard knocks especially in war.

The NS men of the SPF at the Little India Riot already gave a very good indication of what would happen. RUN AWAY, hence the importance of the IPPT 2.4km now extended to 3.2km run.

All the expensive hardware like Leopard Tanks will get abandoned to hostile forces when the NS men run away exercising MAXIMUM restraints.

How the SG front lines will be very POROUS at the ICA checkpoints whereby fugitives like Mat Selamat can leave while a crazy Malaysian woman was able to penetrate easily unchallenged, remained elusive for 3 days and only got caught when she went into MHA HQ.

Last edited:

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SAF might be well armed but I suspect it is a paper tiger. On paper it might look impressive but it is based on conscripts & I have doubts that Sporeans will come to the defense of the PAP or rather LKY & Sons Pte Ltd:rolleyes:

They have called us "lesser mortals & treat us as 3rd class. They have also refuse to return our money i.e. CPF. So who wants to defend a system which favours inequality:confused:

Siao man. How to fight? One arty round right in downtown area will cause widespread panic. We conscripts are not trained to fight a real war only to go for range, keng for medical downgrade, wayang for longer tea break, do a few stupid exercises, pass IPPT.....Meanwhile, the Kopassus was busy capturing, shooting, torturing and killing rebels in Acheh, East Timor, Papua...

I suppose the airforce can do some damage before the whole country is turned to rubble.......

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....the empty vessel learned well from my idol.....
when cornered, act dumb and throw more smoke and hope it will go away.....
despite a public announcement made by the US secretary of defense at the Shangri La dialogue on 4 June 2011, the empty vessel wrote:

Are u stupid by nature or deliberately? A Strategic Framework Agreement means nothing. Until u actually see an Indpendence class USN ship in S'pore, its all conjecture. The real positioning of US equipment and other defence agreements with singapore are all classified. U will never know what they have here, how many and how much. The exact relationship between the 2 countries is secret, and is not available in any public "framework" agreement. The Sec Def throws up these types of smoke screen all the time to scare the Chinese into a frenzy planning for this contigency. U are talking about a new class of warships, with huge cost overuns, technical problems, performance problems, secret technology, and with doubt whether they will even build more, and u expect the USN to base it here in a sea of muslims? There is a reason why S'pore is not a homeport for the USN. U will have the Chinese, and the muslim neighbours screaming blue murder. As well, if you operate this LCS-2 in the SC Sea without a CBG, u are asking for trouble. Think a little before u start cutting and pasting.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most professional armies of the world usually test out their soldiers, military leadership, and equipment in some form of combat or another. That is why countries that have not been to war in 50 years will send their troops for UN Peacekeeping missions in hotspots like Somalia, Kosovo, Bosnia, etc. These are real shooting conflicts and incur combat casualties, but that is the true test of their organizations. SO, that when they have to go to really large scale conflicts like the Gulf War, they have an idea of how their tactics and equipment will perform. Singapore does no such thing. They may send engineers or medical teams to Afghanistan or the Persian Gulf, but these are under "pacified control", and not in frontline areas where there is high likelihood of fighting. Given this scenario, its extremely scary when a totally untested army, regardless of how well equipped it is, has to go to war. There is nothing like the school of hard knocks especially in war.

American don't need our support on operational level. They got all the engineers and medical dispatches than one can hope for. We are just sending someone there to lend political support to our master USA so that it doesn't appear to be an 'American invasion' of Iraq and Afghanistan but a 'coalition invasion' led by American. But unlike other countries, our leaders are not ready to pay the political price of casualties, instead opt to send supporting units operate behind the front line. SAF are not meant for fighting wars, I don't believe our boy scouts can really fight..it just a political tools to strengthen the gov stance on the negotiating table with regional gov.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....all the ang mo tua kee mentality.....
always looking down on fellow singaporeans.....
how good our crack commandoes/SOF is.... had been proven in actual rescue operation in 1991 when Flight SQ117 was hijacked.... they successfully rescued all hostages with no casualties and killing all 4 hijackers......all true blue singaporeans should be proud of them

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans will fight for Singapore.
Singaporeans will turn their guns on the fucking PAP bastards and blow them to pieces with help from other countries and regain Singapore from PAP bastards and mongrels

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
American don't need our support on operational level. They got all the engineers and medical dispatches than one can hope for. We are just sending someone there to lend political support to our master USA so that it doesn't appear to be an 'American invasion' of Iraq and Afghanistan but a 'coalition invasion' led by American. But unlike other countries, our leaders are not ready to pay the political price of casualties, instead opt to send supporting units operate behind the front line. SAF are not meant for fighting wars, I don't believe our boy scouts can really fight..it just a political tools to strengthen the gov stance on the negotiating table with regional gov.

That bluff has already been called and the regional powers like Indonesia are not afraid of antagonizing us, even we outnumber them in all areas of military hardware. We are just paper tigers.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

They definitely do need our support at the operational level and most likely at even the support level. That's why so much of our equipment is compatible with theirs. There is a reason that Changi naval base was upgraded to take an aircraft carrier. U can believe that in a conflict, the SAF will protect the US Navy and Ar Force's line of supply. Sending their troops to 2 war zones at the same time i.e. Astan and Iraq really strained their supply system. We are basically a pre-position base for their supplies and hardware replacement. U can expect for example, the RSAF to fly cover for the US Navy when their carrier battle group is in port to take on supplies. ANd their carrier wing is off loaded to Paya Lebar for maintenance and repair. I can also see the USAF just taking delivery of replacement losses directly from the RSAF. Expect our spares for F-15s and F-16s to be used for the USAF too. Same for ammo, bombs, etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..How the SG front lines will be very POROUS at the ICA checkpoints whereby fugitives like Mat Selamat can leave while a crazy Malaysian woman was able to penetrate easily unchallenged, remained elusive for 3 days and only got caught when she went into MHA HQ.

The 1st signs of trouble the first people to run from Spore will be the foreigners. Many of the Spore checkpoints are augmented by foreigners e.g. Malaysians. Some of them may even be 5th columnists:eek: I remember reading about how Japanese intelligence officers infiltrated Spore before WWII disguised as barbers.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siao man. How to fight? One arty round right in downtown area will cause widespread panic. We conscripts are not trained to fight a real war only to go for range, keng for medical downgrade, wayang for longer tea break, do a few stupid exercises, pass IPPT.....Meanwhile, the Kopassus was busy capturing, shooting, torturing and killing rebels in Acheh, East Timor, Papua...

I suppose the airforce can do some damage before the whole country is turned to rubble.......

Don't worry about artillery, PAP gov't has set aside HDB units with bomb shelters:biggrin: People can also take shelter at MRT stations. However I wonder how 8 millions are suppose to fit in these shelters:confused: