• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore - Thanks To Malaysia, Now Our Water Industry Is Worth $9 Billion

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Indonesian threat will have to be countered by importing LNG, more renewable energy and maybe recycling our farts like Newater.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Indonesian threat will have to be countered by importing LNG, more renewable energy and maybe recycling our farts like Newater.

Singapore is well-prepared for this and I will put up a new thread about our LNG projects.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
malaysia are stupid, they should invade singapore and get their money.

Oh, america say NO, oh too bad, shit happens. Too bad for them. They dun know how to kowtow to america.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG if can collect 70% rain water will not even need new water and desalination water plant.

canloh

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually if we can get rid of 1 million people in sg, there should be enough water for the remaining pop.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the Singapore water-related industries that benefited not the Singapore government. It was the Singapore government's impetus that started it, initially due to our needs. Certainly the government will gain from it in many ways indirectly but that is a different story.

I doubt any local indusrty could succeed without gov't backing. For example you need financing, contacts, etc . I doubt "lesser mortals" have access to this :rolleyes:

So the only question is how many elites have their finger in the pie:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually if we can get rid of 1 million people in sg, there should be enough water for the remaining pop.

I remember that even when the population was less than 5 million, the PAP made locals pay plenty for water. The lame excuse LHL made for high water prices was to avoid people wasting water from using their Jacuzzi:eek:

This was before LHL made his famous mee siam w/o the hum remark:biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hyflux will not survive without gov support and money. Tax payer money use to run Hyflux.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have been threaten every time if there's a dispute
"cut water supply by our neighbours''

Our smart papaya gahmen today has 17 reservoirs all over Sickapoor
so that we have enough water for the whole Sickapoor
and 3 desalination plants around. THis was purchased by than Mr. Woody
who visit and tour Florida USA..

The Barage is the brain child of our oldman, the Orchard rd flood was caused
by hightide and floodgate were not opened at the Barage, if any of our men in
white ever comment on the Barage that causes the flood I am sure he will be fired!

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the least of your worries, the amount of estrogen in the water should be checked & filtered out:eek:

get your facts right bro. the estrogen is the least of our worries. Mad cow's disease and prions are the problem and no country has been able to filter it out. It cannot be destroyed by heat or chemicals or filtered. go to blood bank to donate, tell them you stay in UK for > 6 mths and they would tell you to get lost as your blood i probably contaminated. No country's hea;th authorties except sinkieland has given any assurance that recycled water is safe to drink.
safe, my foot!!!! the PUB engineers themselves probably drinking mineral water. 10 years later how to regret??? probably mad or senile. in life nothing beats nature or natural water or food.
http://rense.com/general88/recyc.htm

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I doubt any local indusrty could succeed without gov't backing. For example you need financing, contacts, etc . I doubt "lesser mortals" have access to this :rolleyes:

So the only question is how many elites have their finger in the pie:confused:

If you have dealt with the government before as I had, you should be aware that any new initiatives to kick start a fledgeling industry that they wish to see flourish in Singapore will have funds set aside to aid local companies who wants to get involve. Any entrepreneur before he invests in a government-back project wants to ensure that it is worth investing. The government's role is to help and assist such companies in whatever way they can to encourage them in order their objectives were met.

I will not want to go into details but if you really wish to know,just go to NEA's website where they tell you which projects will get funds (seed money) but they will require you to set up a proposal on how to achieve their targets. One example I give, the government wants to reduce the amount of garbage collected every year. If you have an idea how to go about it, then make a proposal and you will get the fundings payable over a period of time.

Or, HDB is keen to install LED lights in HDB flats and etc and etc. The funds you receive in most cases will have to be repaid. The initial investment made by the government has to be recovered.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We have been threaten every time if there's a dispute
"cut water supply by our neighbours''

Our smart papaya gahmen today has 17 reservoirs all over Sickapoor
so that we have enough water for the whole Sickapoor
and 3 desalination plants around. THis was purchased by than Mr. Woody
who visit and tour Florida USA..

Exactly! Turn a problem into a money making solution. Why should anyone quarrel with that beats me.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its good that we have superior water technology to export and solve water problems all over the world.