• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Seniors will be taken care of.....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is so blur is it? Don't even know that the Speaker should stop her partisan work upon assuming office. Like that, how can opposition MPs expect her to be neutral when chairing sessions?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree with you.

More and more Singaporeans are getting older and older and attention will be focused on their continual good health. Many are already enjoying many medical benefits through CHAS.

Should focus on total well being of elderly, like give them enough money to spend no need to work in menial jobs should be the key. Not just see doctors but total well being like having enough money to eat well and have money to replace dentures when required etc.

Also, CHAS is not good as you said many enjoying many medical benefits through CHAS, the scheme is restrictive with elderly living in homes with annual value above $21k not included (most private homes have annual value above that). And for those that qualify CHAS under the orange tier got not much benefit - common illness not included, chronic illness only up to $200 or $300 per year cap, dental subsidy up to $170 only.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_w...nity_Health_Assist_Scheme/apply_for_chas.html

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_20140104_AOSUPPER04_3985307e.jpg

"We will grab the problems by the BALLS"

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First to declare that I am an elderly so my views are not biased against elderly because I am young.

There is a need to change the mindset of elderlies and below are some of their typical behavior that I find to be annoying, even though I am elderly myself :

1. Competing for public transport during peak hour even though they are just meeting friends for breakfast.
2. Taking leisurely stroll in crowded places or traffic crossing, subjecting themselves to unnecessary risks - where they are not required to be there out of necessity.
3. Going for unnecessary medical checkup instead of watching their diet and life style.
4. Cutting queue and raising their to get attention so as to get serve first - common in market
5. Road hogging - should stop driving if we no longer has the reflexes

Elderly need to age graciously and more importantly be gracious to others by not inconveniencing others with their handicaps.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
First to declare that I am an elderly so my views are not biased against elderly because I am young.

There is a need to change the mindset of elderlies and below are some of their typical behavior that I find to be annoying, even though I am elderly myself :

1. Competing for public transport during peak hour even though they are just meeting friends for breakfast.
2. Taking leisurely stroll in crowded places or traffic crossing, subjecting themselves to unnecessary risks - where they are not required to be there out of necessity.
3. Going for unnecessary medical checkup instead of watching their diet and life style.
4. Cutting queue and raising their to get attention so as to get serve first - common in market

Elderly need to age graciously and more importantly be gracious to others by not inconveniencing others with their handicaps.

I cannot help but agree. But public spiritedness is not in our make-up. So if they were not considerate when younger it just gets worse when older. However, we should show the elderly some kindness. They should not be shuttered away. If the population is ageing, the environment needs to cope with it.

jw5

Loyal

Absolutely agree, fantastic post.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think elderly should have the right to travel any time they want, should blame the government and not the elderly for the peak hour overcrowding. However, elderly should retire gracefully from top jobs - and not hang on to money and power endlessly - when they are no longer able to contribute for what they are paid.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Price of meat goes up, she tells you to eat fish. :oIo::kma: Want to help? Give $83k to each and every old folk in town lah. Pukima! :oIo::kma:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course i will take good care of you too
feed you with joss sticks and molten hot white candle wax !!!
Fuck your mother phua chee bye. When bros here painting your mother phua chee bye, why don't u just serve tea to our bros who liberated your vuval lahbu?

And please don't peep when limpeh painting your laubu. Your laubu already complaint me kopisai like to fuck own mother.