• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore red cross features videos in tagalog but not hokkien

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DEAR TRS, SINGAPORE RED CROSS FEATURES VIDEOS IN TAGALOG BUT NOT HOKKIEN[/h]
Post date:
16 Jan 2015 - 11:48am

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am a true blue Singaporean and my parents and grandparents are both born in Singapore. I recently saw an advertisement by the Singapore Red Cross on their new release of app which include Tagalog as a language in their videos but not Hokkien.

My mother and grandmother are lowly educated and they can't even speak Mandarin, and uses only Hokkien as their main form of communication. They have been living in Singapore their entire lives and has also been donating blood regularly to help those in need of blood.

I am disgusted that Tagalog which is a foreign language is included in the app but not Hokkien which is a language widely spoken in Singapore and some Indians and Malay can even speak it.

Why discriminate against us Hokkien people? I called and complained to the Singapore Red Cross but a Pinoy handling the call hung up on me and sounded very rude.

I do not understand why Singaporeans like my mother and grandmother is being discriminated by the Singapore Red Cross. Hope you can share this with your readers.
Here are some of the angry comments from some other Singaporeans on Facebook:

osgTjGn.png

i5dvd3Y.png

Tan Kok Jing
TRS reader

05slide1.jpg

I luv Pinoy FT pets more than you Stinkee lesser mortals. Cannot ah? Vote me out and let God punish you lah! *chey*

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Like it or not, there are over 180,000 Pinoys in Singapore. You are more likely to see a Pinoy than you would a Tamil or Eurasian combined.