• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore: Poverty stricken middle-aged woman earns only 40 cents per kilogram of aluminium cans recycled to pay for her elderly mother’s medical bill

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyday, she has to look for discarded leftover food for her 3 meals.

1614252805051.png

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/singapore-woman-leftover-food/

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is one in my HDB block, the Town Council even allow her to put what she collect at the stairs landing.
have such energy to go around collect the can and bring back, repack....but earn so little ? sure of not ? if the income not better than working why still doing it (seems all are able with no obvious disability or mental issue)

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is one in my HDB block, the Town Council even allow her to put what she collect at the stairs landing.
have such energy to go around collect the can and bring back, repack....but earn so little ? sure of not ? if the income not better than working why still doing it (seems all are able with no obvious disability or mental issue)
KNN my uncle think these people orleeginally already possessed hoarding habit KNN they were merely using their hobby into some cash KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
40 cents per kg? LOL, everything is fucked up and under market rates in Sinkieland. What a fucked up cuntry! :poop:

In Germany it's 15 to 25 Euro cents for an empty can or bottle.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that simple la. Nowadays also need to be able to use cashier till, know how to read to understand the schedule arrangement, greet customers etc.
She is only middle age not old age. I am sure she has the requisite learning abilities. Plus she will get some form of employee medical coverage to help her defray some medical cost if needed.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
40 cents per kg? LOL, everything is fucked up and under market rates in Sinkieland. What a fucked up cuntry! :poop:

In Germany it's 15 to 25 Euro cents for an empty can or bottle.

Willing buyer, willing seller. Guess where all the profits go. :sneaky:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fake news ! No such thing as a "poverty stricken" Singaporean.

You cannot be "poverty stricken" when you have money in your CPF account.