• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Post employees have no CPF contributions, medical benefits or leave

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Singapore Post employees have no CPF contributions, medical benefits or leave[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 6, 2012
Hi Mr Tan!
Both my parents are employees of Singapore Post. They are one of the many neighborhood postman/postwoman who work tirelessly day in and day out, making sure letters are been delivered on time to the residents.
My mother is a postwoman for more then 10 years; my father more then 5 years. All these years, they do not have any CPF contributions, leave benefit, medical benefits or even basic insurance coverage. Their working hours are long. Usually they start work at 1pm, depending on what time the letters are send to their area, and depending on the amount of letters, they usually end work at around 8pm. I remembered alot of times, my parents came home after 8pm, feeling tired, but they have no complains. And this routine goes on and on for years.
There were times when my parents got injured while at work, but they cant claim from the company, just because they are part timers and they have no medical benefits. There were times when we wanted to bring them overseas for holidays, but company don’t allow because they do not have any leave benefits. At times, the company will give reasons like: “sorry, you can’t go on leave, because there are not enough people covering your area”. What is this? Does the company want the neighborhood postman/postwoman to work day in day out, giving up their time with their kids or even grandchildren? This is too much.
Having to work for such long hours, Monday to Friday, rain or shine, there’s no CPF contributions or even the basic benefits a worker should be entitled to, is this fair to them and all other neighborhood postman/postwoman working out there?
This matter have been brought up to Singapore Post for a long time, but all the replies they gave sounds like they are not going to do anything about it. Which is why, I decided to bring this matter to your attention on behalf of the postman/postwoman out there.
My questions are:
- Are neighborhood postman/postwoman entitled to CPF contribution given their long working hours?
- Are they not entitled to medical and annual leave benefits?
So Mr Tan, I hope you can look into this matter. And I hope to hear from you soon.
LI WEIMING
* The above was first posted as a comment on Mr Tan Chuan-Jin’s Facebook page. Mr Tan has replied he will follow up on it.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Singapore Post employees have no CPF contributions, medical benefits or leave[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 6, 2012
Hi Mr Tan!
Both my parents are employees of Singapore Post. They are one of the many neighborhood postman/postwoman who work tirelessly day in and day out, making sure letters are been delivered on time to the residents.
My mother is a postwoman for more then 10 years; my father more then 5 years. All these years, they do not have any CPF contributions, leave benefit, medical benefits or even basic insurance coverage. Their working hours are long. Usually they start work at 1pm, depending on what time the letters are send to their area, and depending on the amount of letters, they usually end work at around 8pm. I remembered alot of times, my parents came home after 8pm, feeling tired, but they have no complains. And this routine goes on and on for years.
There were times when my parents got injured while at work, but they cant claim from the company, just because they are part timers and they have no medical benefits. There were times when we wanted to bring them overseas for holidays, but company don’t allow because they do not have any leave benefits. At times, the company will give reasons like: “sorry, you can’t go on leave, because there are not enough people covering your area”. What is this? Does the company want the neighborhood postman/postwoman to work day in day out, giving up their time with their kids or even grandchildren? This is too much.
Having to work for such long hours, Monday to Friday, rain or shine, there’s no CPF contributions or even the basic benefits a worker should be entitled to, is this fair to them and all other neighborhood postman/postwoman working out there?
This matter have been brought up to Singapore Post for a long time, but all the replies they gave sounds like they are not going to do anything about it. Which is why, I decided to bring this matter to your attention on behalf of the postman/postwoman out there.
My questions are:
- Are neighborhood postman/postwoman entitled to CPF contribution given their long working hours?
- Are they not entitled to medical and annual leave benefits?
So Mr Tan, I hope you can look into this matter. And I hope to hear from you soon.
LI WEIMING
* The above was first posted as a comment on Mr Tan Chuan-Jin’s Facebook page. Mr Tan has replied he will follow up on it.

Simple answer lah. Your parents are CONTRACTORS, not employees of Singpost. That's why they have no benefits and CPF.

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a clarification from SingPost (read from Today's article). The old couple is not recruited as full-time staff but under those neighbourhood employment programme, hence no benefits given.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a clarification from SingPost (read from Today's article). The old couple is not recruited as full-time staff but under those neighbourhood employment programme, hence no benefits given.

That is how they can declare the make huge profits & get away from providing th SINgapore workers benefits, if this was any industralized country & even Malaysia...see the outcome. We have been bought, shanghaied, screwed & sold!...maybe them 'contractors' have zero productivity and ask these people, whom did they vote??:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple answer lah. Your parents are CONTRACTORS, not employees of Singpost. That's why they have no benefits and CPF.

More like his parents is they employee of the SingPost contractor.
See many people deliver mail even PRC. SingPost have sub out all mailing contract to vendor/subcon for nearly 10 year.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the duty of singpost to get good contractors that provide basic benefits.

Singpost cannot push away just like that. They used lousy contractors and make senior citizen slaves.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the duty of singpost to get good contractors that provide basic benefits.

Singpost cannot push away just like that. They used lousy contractors and make senior citizen slaves.

Then someone must inform the Gossip paper and Opposition to bring out this matter to Parliament that why non-SingPost employee deliver the mail. How to confirm good service and security of the mail. Many Credit card just sent by mail.......
The new rule must prevent non-SingPost employee to touch the mail until deliver into mail box.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then someone must inform the Gossip paper and Opposition to bring out this matter to Parliament that why non-SingPost employee deliver the mail. How to confirm good service and security of the mail. Many Credit card just sent by mail.......
The new rule must prevent non-SingPost employee to touch the mail until deliver into mail box.
Yes, someone really need to do something about such slavery! How can it happen in Sinking Land? Thought CPF is compulsory? Where is the labour laws??

KNN, when I hire foreign maid, make lim peh study the bloody labour law and have to pass the online test. Does it mean FT maids are even higher than our senior citizens??

FUCK PAP!!

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like his parents is they employee of the SingPost contractor.
See many people deliver mail even PRC. SingPost have sub out all mailing contract to vendor/subcon for nearly 10 year.

Dun think they are employees of the contractor because the contractor will then have to pay their CPF. Otherwise, it is illegal.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You wouLd be very surprised that many appointment hoLders in our Stats' Board are actuaLLy on contracts ..

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun think they are employees of the contractor because the contractor will then have to pay their CPF. Otherwise, it is illegal.

Contractor smart don't employ directly under company name. Contractor main con and consider them deliver mail subcon. All solve.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contractor smart don't employ directly under company name. Contractor main con and consider them deliver mail subcon. All solve.
Nope, somewhere some one is breaking the law, main con or sub con or sub sub con need to pay CPF as long as they hire an employee. If main con not breaking any rules, then one of the sub con or sub sub con is breaking the law by not paying CPF. Sinking land so efficient, surely MOM can dig further.

I say let's get to the bottom of this. Probably the 2 senior citizen postmen already loss their jobs or close to losing.

damnu88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they were paid in cash term in daily, weekly basis. That why no CPF contributions.
Then as part timers employed by sub con or contractor, the hourly rate given to them may already consist of medical benefits , annual leaves etc.. percentage or formula build into their hourly rate.
So as to say , pay peanut but squeeze till you dry. That is so these organizations sub the contract out as to cut direct labour cost.
This is why you can see the gap between the poor and the rich.
Then maybe those poor sloggers vote hammer and big bosses vote the thunder .

That what I think maybe be in this situations where the TS feels like.