• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [ Singapore News ] Malays & Singaporeans Beware of Indians : Indian Singh Sikh Community Accuse Fandi Ahmad & FAS of RACISM and Demands Apology

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2018/09/13/racist-remark-by-fandi-ahmad/

fandi-ahmad-660x330.jpg

Racist remark by Fandi Ahmad?

The Online Citizen 2018-09-13 Current Affairs

National interim football coach Fandi Ahmad and the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) owe the Sikh community an apology over a culturally inappropriate comment made at a media conference on 7 September at the Oasia Hotels and Residence.

The media conference was held before the friendly match between Singapore and Mauritius which ended in a 1-1 draw.

To a question posed by New Paper journalist Dilenjit Singh, Fandi responded by making the culturally inappropriate and somewhat racist comment.

The question posed by the TNP writer Dilenjit Singh was as follows:

“You said that in terms of skill and technique, some of our rivals in the region have overtaken us. How would that affect you wanting to play the good football which you are known for."​

In response, Fandi Ahmad said: “We have not all bad... I can’t condemn anybody because our system is different from others. I can’t say it also, as it is against the Government. You know if I say it loud, you know, you will be seeing your turban would be gone. Seriously bro. I cannot say, I want to tell you. But later private I will tell you. ”

What was also troubling was that there was a burst of laughter after the inappropriate comment was made.

Even more disturbing was the fact that the media in the room did not make any mention or report about it despite it being a media conference.

Photos posted by the FAS on its Facebook page show that among the FAS staff in the media conference were team manager Noh Alam Shah and team manager Eric Ong.

team-manager-650x433.jpg

TOC has reached out to the FAS for a response over the matter.

Former national striker Fandi Ahmad was appointed as interim national coach in May this year, as a replacement for V Sundram Moorthy.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah, FANDI IS CORRECT>

He says if he mentions it in public, the bayi will lose his turban, and Fandi his job.

SINGAPORE FOOTBALL STARTED GOING DOWNHILL WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF THE ASS-LEAGUE.

Only players from the ASS-League can play for Singapore.

WHAT FANDI COULD NOT TELL EVERYONE IN PUBLIC IS THAT THE ASS-LEAGUE WAS STARTED TO KEEP A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE OFF THE STREETS SO THERE IS LESS SOCIAL PROBLEMS.

IT IS TO GIVE EMPLOYMENT TO THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE.

Ask youselves this question. Are the best in Singapore playing in the ASS-League?

Of course the answer in a big NO!

Where are Quah Kim Songs?

Where are the Rajagopals?

These people are busy making money as the cost of living in Singapore is sky high. These are the educated, able to do other things. But in this group, there are many good players. But cannot play for Singapore.

So there you have it.

Fandi is correct. It is a government decision.

Anything the Pee-A-Pee meddles in is a dead duck.

Stocks, investment, MRT, Telecoms, SPORTS. Kaput!

But once in awhile you have people like J. Schooling whose parents (not the Pee_A_Pee) who bankrolled his training.

Then when everything is hunky dory, they jumped in and claim the credits as always.

Table Tennis anyone?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol.... Fandi. God bless his simple kampung boy mind.

He was only good at playing football. For everything else, he has failed - business, coaching etc.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The singh are minority in Singapore, it won't swing the vote so the govt will keep quiet and stay "neutral".

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's racist all right. Fandi is no PR guy. Can't even handle a simple and straightforward question from a bayi without beating about the bush and dropping hints and insinuations here and there. Just say out loud and show your balls! :rolleyes:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a long time...racism has never been illegal...racists remarks etc r used day in day out... discriminatory policies in hiring etc is part of day to day affairs in singkieland...like Chinese only...m&d only etc. So of ppl make fun of bayis n their turbans or m&ds strumming guitar n void deck weddings being cheap..
Suck it up cos it's true

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...insensitive-remark-sikh-reporter-fas-10720168

Sport
Fandi apologises for insensitive remark made to Sikh reporter

14 Sep 2018 08:00AM

fandi-ahmad-answering-questions-at-changi-airport---1868978.png

Fandi Ahmad. (File photo: Goh Chiew Tong)

SINGAPORE: National team coach Fandi Ahmad has apologised for his comments made to a Sikh reporter during a pre-match press conference last week, the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) said on Thursday (Sep 13).

"The FAS regrets that Fandi Ahmad’s comments during the pre-match press conference on Sep 6 for the match between Singapore and Mauritius have upset members of the Sikh community," FAS said in a statement posted on its website.

Both Fandi and FAS have contacted the New Paper reporter Dilenjit Singh and the Sikh Advisory Board to "explain, apologise and clarify" the matter, the association said.

"Mr Singh gracefully accepted our explanation and apology. Our discussion with the Sikh Advisory Board has also revealed that the comments could be hurtful to the Sikh community even though they were not made with any malicious intent."

A Change.org petition was started on Thursday calling on the national coach to apologise. According to the petition, which has around 290 supporters, Fandi made the remark after Mr Singh posed a question about players' skill and technique during the press conference at Oasia Hotel.

“You said that in terms of skill and technique, some of our rivals in the region have overtaken us. How would that affect you wanting to play the good football which you are known for," Mr Singh was said to have asked, according to the petition.

Fandi reportedly replied: "We have not all bad ... I can’t condemn anybody because our system is different from others. I can’t say it also, as it is against the Government.

"You know if I say it loud, you know, you will be seeing your turban would be gone. Seriously bro. I cannot say, I want to tell you. But later private I will tell you."

The petition, which was started by Harvinder Singh, also added that Fandi's comments were followed by laughter.

"What was also troubling was that there was a burst of laughter after the inappropriate comment was made," it said.

"Even more disturbing was the fact that the media in the room did not make any mention or report about it despite it being a media conference."

Source: CNA/rw(cy)

Tagged Topics

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Typical Indians. Play victim bullying card. Nothing new. Fandi should just tell him to fug off!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's inside that disgusting turban? Do they wash their hair?
they only do that when some fella picks up the soap and the turban falls off the wet floor due to the vigorous pumping motion.
soap comes in handy for washing the hair and turban then :smile:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In sinkiepore, Indians also can be malays. just ask Halimah. SO, why are they getting their panties in a wad

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
when thete are bayi reporters...always standby some soap bars readily available..bayi cross the line or asked entrapment questions..throw some soap bars away from you and wait for someone to pick it up,preferably with their back facing bayi.