• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [ Singapore News ] Ethnic Chinese Singaporean Must Not Be Naive : Malaysia Govt Vessels Repeatedly Intruded Into Singapore Territorial Water Off Tuas

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ysia-over-actions-that-infringe-on-singapores

Singapore lodges protest with Malaysia over actions that infringe on Republic's sovereignty

kc-seletar0415_0.jpg

The Ministry of Transport said it noted with grave concern Malaysia's purported extension of the Johor Bahru port limits in a manner which encroaches into Singapore territorial waters off Tuas, through a notice in the Federal Government Gazette, on Dec 4, 2018. ST
PHOTO: ONG WEE JIN

Published
Dec 4, 2018, 7:52 pm SGT
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Email
Zakir Hussain
News Editor

SINGAPORE - Singapore has lodged a strong protest with the Malaysian government over recent actions that impinge on Singapore's sovereignty, and warned that it will not hesitate to take firm action against intrusions and unauthorised activities in the Republic's territorial waters.

The Ministry of Transport on Tuesday (Dec 4) said it noted with grave concern Malaysia's purported extension of the Johor Bahru port limits in a manner which encroaches into Singapore territorial waters off Tuas, through a notice in the Federal Government Gazette.

Over the past two weeks, vessels from the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency and Marine Department Malaysia have also repeatedly intruded into Singapore territorial waters off Tuas, the ministry added.

"Singapore has protested the unauthorised movements of, and purported assertions of sovereignty by these vessels, which are inconsistent with international law," it said in a statement.

"The Republic of Singapore Navy and the Police Coast Guard are safeguarding the sovereignty of Singapore territorial waters and enforcing the security of these waters on a 24/7 basis," it added.

Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan told reporters the Malaysian actions "are clearly a violation of our sovereignty and international law".

Earlier in the day, Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke had told the Malaysian Parliament that KL had informed Singapore of its intention to take back airspace over south Johor which had been delegated to Singapore to manage, in stages, from next year.

"It is not our stance to take a confrontational approach," Mr Loke said. "But this involves our sovereignty, which the Malaysian government will defend in the strongest terms."

Singapore's Transport Ministry replied that "Singapore respects Malaysia's sovereignty", but noted that international law is clear that cross-border airspace management is not incompatible with sovereignty.

Apart from its Gazette notification on Oct 25 declaring new Johor Bahru port limits, Malaysia had also issued a port circular dated Nov 11 and a notice to mariners dated Nov 22 on these changes.

In response to the notices from Kuala Lumpur, Singapore lodged a strong protest with the Malaysian government.

Singapore has also requested that Malaysia amend its notices "to reflect the sovereignty of Singapore over the waters in question, and that Malaysia refrain from taking any further unilateral action".

The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) also issued a circular on Nov 30 instructing ship masters and owners of vessels to disregard Malaysia's three notices, "which impinge on Singapore's sovereignty".

The Ministry of Transport added: "Malaysia's purported extension of the Johor Bahru port limits and the repeated intrusions by Malaysian Government vessels into Singapore territorial waters are a serious violation of Singapore's sovereignty and international law.

These actions are unconducive to good bilateral relations, cause confusion for the international shipping community, and lead to increased navigational and safety risks for all parties."

"Singapore stands ready to engage with Malaysia to resolve these matters amicably, in accordance with international law."

Asked whether there is a concern that the issues over airspace and port limits could escalate, Mr Khaw told reporters that he hoped they would not.

"It is certainly not conducive for bilateral relations. We have so many things that we want to work together on," he said.

As for actions taken by Singapore, he added: "If you intrude into our space, there will be warnings, move on, move away... There are standard rules of engagement."

"We do not want a misunderstanding which leads to unnecessary accident or worse, then suddenly we have a crisis to handle," he said.

"We hope that good sense will prevail."

Last edited:

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...sia-indonesia-landscape-needs-deft-management

ST Global Outlook Forum: Identity politics will remain in Malaysia, Indonesia; needs deft handling

kc-globaloutlook2813_2x.jpg

(From left) ST Malaysia bureau chief Shannon Teoh; Iseas–Yusof Ishak Institute fellow Norshahril Saat; ST assistant foreign editor Lim Ai Leen; former Malaysian Cabinet minister Khairy Jamaluddin; Prof Joseph Liow of NTU's S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies; and ST Indonesia bureau chief Francis Chan.ST PHOTO: KELVIN CHNG

Published
Nov 28, 2018, 10:06 pm SGT
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Email
Reme Ahmad
South-east Asia Editor

SINGAPORE - Identity politics which zoom in on race and religion will be a feature of the Malaysian and Indonesian political landscape and it is important the issues associated with it are deftly managed, panellists at the ST Global Outlook Forum cautioned on Wednesday (Nov 28).

Panel members also addressed other topics linked to the two countries that are Singapore's closest neighbours - from campaigning ahead of Indonesia's presidential polls in April and the question of Malaysia's Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim succeeding Tun Mahathir Mohamad as prime minister, to the future of the once-dominant party Umno.

With more people turning to conservative Islam in Malaysia and Indonesia, politicians have found it a rich vein to tap for support, a number of the panellists noted.

They cited the close cooperation between Umno and the Parti Islam SeMalaysia on Malay and Muslim issues, and the example of the 2017 Jakarta gubernatorial polls where identity politics was used by opponents of then-governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, a Chinese Christian, to defeat him.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
SAF should invade Johore. Tons of money spent on defence. It's about time to realise the spent! :biggrin:

Further, our resident siaolang Aunty Gin can be liberated from attacks from Malaysian dogs too. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF should invade Johore. Tons of money spent on defence. It's about time to realise the spent! :biggrin:

Further, our resident siaolang Aunty Gin can be liberated from attacks from Malaysian dogs too. :biggrin:
No just liberated from attacks by you pretending and declaring everyday to ignore me when actually viciously attacking me repeating ccb lies of me non stop. Damn disgusting act cute ccb Malaysian criminal bastards.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every time ANY country FUCK Stinkapore and maggots in white

I DAMN HAPPY HAPPY
That they fucking Arseloon and his maggots in white

Even happier if war breaks out as I then can get my gun and shoot maggots and paper generals

Enemies of our worse enemy (maggots maggotess in white and paper generals) are our friends and natural allies.

Without exceptions

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yes, I agree. Annex Johor, give the Johor royal family a few huge ass bungalow on Sentosa and live tax-free, chase the lazy and useless bumis to the neighbouring states of Negri Sembilan, Malacca and Pahang. Then build a wall to keep them out. Huat ah! :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, I agree. Annex Johor, give the Johor royal family a few huge ass bungalow on Sentosa and live tax-free, chase the lazy and useless bumis to the neighbouring states of Negri Sembilan, Malacca and Pahang. Then build a wall to keep them out. Huat ah! :biggrin:

Why not annex Johor and have the johor royals paraded along our streets naked and in chains? Many of our residents could do with a good laugh.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Every time ANY country FUCK Stinkapore and maggots in white

I DAMN HAPPY HAPPY
That they fucking Arseloon and his maggots in white

Even happier if war breaks out as I then can get my gun and shoot maggots and paper generals

Enemies of our worse enemy (maggots maggotess in white and paper generals) are our friends and natural allies.
Without exceptions
What you say is true. I am sure after torturing Sinkies with 13 years of reservist nonsense plus 2.5 years of national service, desertion rate and killing of own commanders during war time will be a popular choice for sinkies who have nothing to lose...:biggrin:

PS: I did enjoy my 2.5 years of NS. I just hated reservist :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you say is true. I am sure after torturing Sinkies with 13 years of reservist nonsense plus 2.5 years of national service, desertion rate and killing of own commanders during war time will be a popular choice for sinkies who have nothing to lose...:biggrin:

Why not annex Johor and have the johor royals paraded along our streets naked and in chains? Many of our residents could do with a good laugh.

Let johore take over singapore instead and no more NS abd reservist. And PAP ministers will be paraded naked instead on orchard road. Oppies will love this.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

After 2 to 2.5 years of NS, most NSmen are repressed killers. We are itching to fire live rounds at live targets. Every NSmen know that the fictitious enemy in our exercises are either m&ds, indons, chinks or religious extremists.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The johore royalty already have extensive properties in singapore. They do not need anymore.
You may chase the bumis out of singapore, but hsrd working sinkies cannot even compete with indians.indians may decide to kick chinese out of singapore too. But only after they ravished the women..

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor port extension: Dr M says Malaysia has not ‘touched’ Singapore’s border
Published 25 minutes ago on 05 December 2018
By Ida Nadirah Ibrahim
mahathir_mohamad0512b.jpg
Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad speaks during the launch of Union of Pos Malaysia Uniformed Staff (UPUS) conference in Shah Alam December 5, 2018. ― Picture by Mukhriz Hazim
SHAH ALAM, Dec 5 — Malaysia is well within its rights to extend the Johor Baru port as it has not trespassed onto Singapore’s territorial waters off Tuas, Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said today.
He said the distance from the border can be measured to determine the claims made by the Singaporean government.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah ha ha ha ha!

Fighting to enable the maggots maggotess in white and paper generals to continue to tiew to kann and fuck all of us?

That the maggots maggotess in white and paper generals to continue to laugh and laugh and laugh all the way to their fucking banks?