• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore needs 25,000 new citizens every year up to 2060

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/immigration-will-help-solve-singapore’s-population-problem--paper.html

Is this report sanctioned by PAP to justify their actions?

Will it failed the way 'Stop At two' did? Opposite projections were made threatening lack of land and resources in this tiny island.

What happens if along the way, there was a global recession?

Is employment sustainable and how?

Who will be most affected?

Will your wives and sisters become prostitutes in Singapore when massive unemployment struck?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Will it failed the way 'Stop At two' did?

bro,

the "Stop at Two" policy of the 70s enjoyed tremendous success, it didn't fail. In fact, it has such lasting impact that even folks these days saw the logic and farsightedness of the PAP leadership.

:eek::eek::eek:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The stop at two policy was aimed at the Malays. It wasn't for everyone.

The graduates and the successful Chinese were supposed to have lots and lots of children.

The stop at two policy failed not because it was a bad policy but because both ethnic groups ignored it. The Malays carried on multiplying like rabbits and the graduate Chinese mothers refused to have more than 2 even if they could well afford the expense.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,

the "Stop at Two" policy of the 70s enjoyed tremendous success, it didn't fail. In fact, it has such lasting impact that even folks these days saw the logic and farsightedness of the PAP leadership.

:eek::eek::eek:

The campaign itself did but the policy failed us miserably now didn't it?

The same could happen to the pop influx policy....hence my questions above.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will it failed the way 'Stop At two' did? Opposite projections were made threatening lack of land and resources in this tiny island.
Why will it possibly fail?

What happens if along the way, there was a global recession?

Is employment sustainable and how?
These immigrants go home, so easy.
When we need them, we import them, when we don't, they go home la. Best.

Who will be most affected?

Will your wives and sisters become prostitutes in Singapore when massive unemployment struck?
With a flexible immigration policy like ours, it won't.

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stop at two policy was aimed at the Malays. It wasn't for everyone.

You stupid dumbfuck young punk. The stop at 2 policy EXCLUDED Malays under Muslim laws. No fine for 3rd or more kids, no fine for no sterilisation. No use of contraceptive or condom. No family planning. Fuck as you go and have as many kids as they happen.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The campaign itself did but the policy failed us miserably now didn't it?

the policy was structurally sound on the whole, the failure of the policy was an amalgamate of many factors that eventually caused the fertility rate to drop below 2 :o:o:o

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the policy was structurally sound on the whole, the failure of the policy was an amalgamate of many factors that eventually caused the fertility rate to drop below 2 :o:o:o

Stop At Two policy is history now and it has shown its ugly and undesirable side effects which were beyond LKY's thoughts and imaginations.

The question is, will history repeats itself... implementing the policy with just an assumption and static projection by some 'experts'

Have they consider unforeseen circumstances...like global recession..then what's going to happen?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the policy sound or not i dunno but the intended target ie..lowly educated ignore this stop at two policy while the educated couple fulfil this policy to the extreme by having only 1 or even no kid. My father have 11 siblings inclusive of himself. all the older siblings who either had no or low education have 2-4 children wheras the younger uncles and aunts who are english educated have only 1 child, there even 2 aunts with no children.

me as a victim of this policy, i suffer quite a bit over this due to low priority in primary school registration. i had to go to a kampong school instead of my own neighourhood school because i am a third kid. i had to travel an hour just to attend school. while on the map the school is very near but those days singapore road system rather poor and have to switch buses. I was the only one in primary one to apply for a bus concession card and buy bus stamp every month. if i remember correctly, a primary school bus stamp in the 80s shd ard $5. KNN, almost the whole school either walk or cycle to school wheras i had to take sbs. in morning session, i had to take the reach home bus stop before 6 in order to make it to school in time as the connecting bus can be packed to the door and a few buses may pass before i can squeeze in.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ahh... then it is the government's fault for not being specific enough? :o:o:o

They couldn't say so publicly for obvious reasons... you forget that the Island is the middle of a Muslim sea.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disaster is foreseeable looking at how PAP chart their plan ahead. If many things have already gone wrong in the past, you can be certain the future under PAP is going to get worse. We need to stop this machine of destructions, please spread this important message to all Singaporeans you care for...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are just a tiny island.. We are already too overcrowded with all these Foreigners flooding here..

But those PAP bastards are really hell bent on making this cuntry to be packed like sardines in a can..

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are just a tiny island.. We are already too overcrowded with all these Foreigners flooding here..

But those PAP bastards are really hell bent on making this cuntry to be packed like sardines in a can..

PAP is adamant to to push Singaporeans to the brink. Look at how they handled SMRT breakdowns, now all witnesses, staff are out confessing to the court how messy and lack of co-ordination PAP was in handling catastrophe like SMRT incidents. With leader liks PAP, terrorists are already laughing at our weak spots. This is so scary to think about it.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap is finally realising that children are vital to the long term survival of a society and nation.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Pap is finally realising that children are vital to the long term survival of a society and nation.

bro,

back in mid 80s, they already saw that and reversed the "Stop at Two" policy and started asking folks to produce more. what these guys failed to realize is that there's little chance of reversal after ligation and/or vasectomy :eek::eek::eek:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
What they did not do was "encouraging" in making Singapore liveable, versus ROI this and that. Many factors are at work here not just telling people to have kids.

bro,

back in mid 80s, they already saw that and reversed the "Stop at Two" policy and started asking folks to produce more. what these guys failed to realize is that there's little chance of reversal after ligation and/or vasectomy :eek::eek::eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
bro,

Also, after 20 years, you think you can still do it?