• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Myths

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm building up a list of some misunderstood traits of singapore society, for telling people who aren't familiar with the real sinkapore and naive sinkees. Feel free to add.

MYTH:
This is a democracy, since we have some opposition candidates in parliament. Opposition have no talent, that's why they can't win elections.

FACT:
They are ALLOWED to be in parliament since Slyvia and Chiam are not very critical of PAP. This gives an ILLUSION of democracy. There have been far more talented candidates but Lee had exiled them out of sinkapore since they are REAL THREATS to him.

MYTH:
Sinkapore is very safe with a low crime rate.

FACT:
Definitely the safest country in the region, but not as safe as you think. Police will not arrest someone who has punched you. People are not encouraged to report smaller crimes. 3rd world immigrants bring rowdy habits in and will deteriorate matters.

MYTH:
Sinkaporeans are dumb and need foreigners to help their country grow.

FACT:
Intelligence level of sinkees vary greatly. There are many who are working overseas and matching the best talents in America and Europe. On the other hand, there are many here who are ignorant and can't even speak properly. Generally, sinkees are very capable in numbers and administration work, but aren't familiar with media literacy, freedom, rights etc.

I'm building up a list of some misunderstood traits of singapore society, for telling people who aren't familiar with the real sinkapore and naive sinkees. Feel free to add.

MYTH:
This is a democracy, since we have some opposition candidates in parliament. Opposition have no talent, that's why they can't win elections.

FACT:
They are ALLOWED to be in parliament since Slyvia and Chiam are not very critical of PAP. This gives an ILLUSION of democracy. There have been far more talented candidates but Lee had exiled them out of sinkapore since they are REAL THREATS to him.

MYTH:
Sinkapore is very safe with a low crime rate.

FACT:
Definitely the safest country in the region, but not as safe as you think. Police will not arrest someone who has punched you. People are not encouraged to report smaller crimes. 3rd world immigrants bring rowdy habits in and will deteriorate matters.

MYTH:
Lee and the PAP are largely responsible for sinkapore's success.

FACT:
The PAP never had any good idea for growing sinkapore. The growth of yesteryear was due to the advice of a Dutch economist, Dr Wisuvious. The other major factor was sinkees' hard work, not Lee's vision. After the late 90s, the economy has never found a new rallying point, apart from splurging on 'hot' sectors and opening doors to immigrants.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

After the late 90s, the economy has never found a new rallying point, apart from splurging on 'hot' sectors and opening doors to immigrants.

I'm sorry but I just had to butt in. There is a new rallying point. It's here...:biggrin:

OK.. now let's get back to the real issue in all seriousness... Sorry.. too influenced by the other forum I have to run too....:o

f_gey2Bnite2Bm_8059366.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Myth : There is racial harmony in Singapore.

Myth : Singapore has a long term future.

Myth : That if the PAP was booted out, all the existing Pappies would be out of politics. Most Singaporeans don't understand the dynamics of political power play. I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that the real political talent within the PAP would rise to the occasion and set a new direction. Any purge would only involve those which had been exposed to be blatantly corrupt while those in it for the money may move on if they aren't paid millions anymore.

One thing's for sure.. the Lees would be in deep shit.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Myth : That if the PAP was booted out, all the existing Pappies would be out of politics. Most Singaporeans don't understand the dynamics of political power play. I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that the real political talent within the PAP would rise to the occasion and set a new direction. Any purge would only involve those which had been exposed to be blatantly corrupt while those in it for the money may move on if they aren't paid millions anymore.

One thing's for sure.. the Lees would be in deep shit.

I agree with you on that . It is not about getting rid of the whole party but those sinkies inside it. To get an unsinkified, real first world individual to be the leader, those 3rd world morons in it will be screwed in no time.

Sangrawi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myth: Laws are debated and if merited, are then passed in Parliament

Fact: Laws are decided by the government and rubber-stamped in Parliament.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Myth: We need 6 millions people to be a economic powerhouse and sustain the local industries

Fact: We lack a crop of home grown products and services to reach out to the world and bring wealth back

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myth:
Sg is racially and religously tolerant. The PAP has eliminated racism.

Fact:
A lot of racial prejudice is hidden and simmering beneath the surface. The PAP is the one who PROMOTES racism. Look at your IC - the only IC that demarks you by RACE.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Myth:
Sg is racially and religously tolerant. The PAP has eliminated racism.

Fact:
A lot of racial prejudice is hidden and simmering beneath the surface. The PAP is the one who PROMOTES racism. Look at your IC - the only IC that demarks you by RACE.

Also that the race is very fixed.

You can only be one of the 4 main races. Hence many say javanese, aches are simply called malay in SG.

I wodner what about those japanese and vietnamese here.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are classified as "others"

I see i didn't know about this. Remember how this chorut mentioned the officer asked him what his race was he said perankan and the officer said cannot no such classification. So in the end he was eurasian.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Bro Sam, this coming from you, gave me a huge surprise. I never thought you will have such an opinion! But to be honest, I myself not sure if this will be true.

Perhaps they'll the country and seek asylum. They have money. I'm sure there are countries that will offer them a new home.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myth: The PAP is still in touch with the ground

Fact: Lost touch with the common man since Ah Boy took over.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps they'll the country and seek asylum. They have money. I'm sure there are countries that will offer them a new home.

I'm sure they'll run :mad:. Together with the Holy Gouls and rest. Heard they've amassed enough wealth and properties in 1st world countries for such an event, leaving an empty shell for the next govt.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..amassed enough wealth and properties in 1st world countries for such an event, leaving an empty shell for the next govt.
1st bit, possibly. By the latter, if you mean stripping the proverbial xmas tree bare on boxing day.. that's probably stretching the imagination whether fact over fiction.:p

neji

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myth: Mee siam, one of the local dishes commonly found in Singapore, is served with cockles(hum).

Fact: Mee siam is almost never served with cockles(hum) but with eggs, chives(koo chye) and fried bean puff(taupok) bits. It just so happens that our beloved Prime Minister loves mee siam with cockles/hum (prepared by his personal cook, what? you think he go hawker centre one meh) and usually eats it like that, except on the week of a certain nationally televised rally, where he didn't feel like eating it that way. :biggrin:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
MYTH: Sinkees are rich.

FACT: Sinkapoor's income disparity is the level of 3rd world countries. The median wage, and the wages of part-time workers and interns, hasn't changed in the past 10 years. The cost of living cancels out any advantage of higher wages compared to our neighbours. In fact, sinkaporeans have the most debts in the world even though they are the biggest savers.

It is close to IMPOSSIBLE for someone to make it in business unless he has financial support from his relatives/contacts.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Myth: Mee siam, one of the local dishes commonly found in Singapore, is served with cockles(hum).

Fact: Mee siam is almost never served with cockles(hum) but with eggs, chives(koo chye) and fried bean puff(taupok) bits.

I love this one! It's the sort of post that used to appear in the delphi coffee shop in the early days. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: