• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore leaders to rethink home ownership policy

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banks conduct thorough financial "check—up" on applicants for home loans

SINGAPORE: Housing agents said clients who are applying for home loans have to be prepared for a thorough financial "check—up" by banks.

Other than normal criteria such as age and income levels, banks are also said to be scrutinizing and sensing out signs of trouble through one’s credit ratings.

Hence, those who might have defaulted their monthly loan repayments or have made cash advances from credit cards might just be in for a disappointment.

For those who are lucky enough to get their loans granted, experts claim that banks are not as generous as before.

Housing agents revealed that only 10 per cent of their clients managed to secure 90 per cent of the requested loan, compared to nine out of 10 previously.

With signs of stresses in the job market, banks also seem set on cutting their risks and are no longer that keen on holding on to non—performing loans.

Ghazali Safrain, executive director, CityHomes Real Estate Group, said: “If people have a salary of A$2,500, chances of getting a loan was very easy last year and the year before but now, even if your salary is S$3,000, you might have difficulties in getting a loan.”

Muhammad Azzad Ahmad, head, Loan Business (Direct Banking) Maybank, said: ”We do have to look at each credit case a little bit more in detail. So for example with the current market downturn, there are several industries, companies and individuals being affected. So we have to look at person’s occupation, age and even educational background.” —CNA/vm

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The banks should also engage fortune teller to read potential borrowers fortune to see if they are in luck or out of luck in the next 2 years. If you are lucky, you are more likely to escape retrenchment.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the credit squeeze has started...i kean already!!!

A few days ago I received a letter from DBS. In recognition of "having made it" they are offering to issue me a Platinum card :biggrin::biggrin:

Attached to the letter were tiny plastic VISA card with my name on it. I was so touched that they were willing to waive the service charge for 5 years, that I threw away the letter.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: