• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Joseph Schooling's uncle speaks out

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
singkies didn't expect him to win the 100fly gold. a reasonable expected result is to qualify at least for the semis or finals. but to come in last in a heat event is totally unacceptable/unexpected and rightfully singkies have the right to be upset/angry at him becos he really fuckup super badly

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The more they continue to portray themselves as 'victims'.... the more people will be turned off by them.

Typical modern libtards... victimhood grants you the moral high ground. :rolleyes:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term "State fund" being used was a moment of folly by that writer probably.. Cos I'm sure he was equally upset n disappointed with the result.
Everyone knows by now Schooling's achievements were from the parents, not State.
But from being an Olympic champion n coming in last in the heats is an entirely different issue altogether. I'm sure all Sinkies are disappointed n some angry. Different people expresses the disappointment n anger differently, it's the same for all sports. After awhile, this whole matter will be forgotten.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand his uncle or family trying to defend him.
But anyone If want to represent Singapore.
Then if he lose must accept the people criticism.
It does not matter when he use the state funds.
It only matter he did taken the money

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schooling used parents money and wasted it.father sure bankrupt.
How come he cannot get US university scholarship? As gold MEDALIST?
Jiu hu squash players were offered citizenship by US.one took it and disappeared.
Why no private sector sponsorship like in jiu hu? Or INDONESUA? Or philippines? Free house from developers for recent philippino gold medallist in weight lifting.
Training to be a champ is a full time job. And lots of sacrifice.
One million reward for olympic gold is just one month PM salary. Not even worth it as he must compete wirh the best internationally. PM only compete domestically.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of us are happy that he lost and are mocking him.

It's not lashing out due to 'disappointment' at national pride being sullied or lamenting about a 'waste of money'.

To make it simpler to understand:

If win: Couldn't care less. Although the propaganda machinery would become nauseating.

If lose: Schadenfreude.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Senor

Lets be fair
England went to the finals
only to botch on penalties

you win some
you lose some

All the BLM athletes are floundering in this Olympics, perhaps England could have won if Southgate hadn't subbed in three niggers late to make the crucial kicks.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope pappies after reading the unker's letter will raise the prize money to 3 million and shld the recipient defend his title successfully, a prize of 5 million be offered.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This Schooling situation reminds me of those parents who only have ONE child.

The pressure and expectations and dreams that single child has to fulfill are enormous. If he or she fails it is the end of the road for the parents.

Whereas parents who have many kids cannot be so bothered. There simply isnt enough time and energy to spend on one kid when you have 4 or 5 of them.

Why are Singaporeans so bothered? The fella already wom gold in 2016. He come in last now does not take away the gold. And coming in last in the heats how does that affect Singapore and Singaporeans?

Nothing lah.

It is just that Singaporeans expectations were so and so and he did not meet it. Next time dont have such high expectations. It is Singapore!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term "State fund" being used was a moment of folly by that writer probably.. Cos I'm sure he was equally upset n disappointed with the result.
Everyone knows by now Schooling's achievements were from the parents, not State.
But from being an Olympic champion n coming in last in the heats is an entirely different issue altogether. I'm sure all Sinkies are disappointed n some angry. Different people expresses the disappointment n anger differently, it's the same for all sports. After awhile, this whole matter will be forgotten.
Schooling is schooling. You is you. What is there to be angry about? Harder to accept is whether he is way past his peak performance in the sport. That I think is harder to accept for a young man. One door closes, another door opens and all that. :unsure:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with his uncle that that it is more about their family's effort. US has great swimming programmes and many countries base their swimmers in US, be it state sponsorship or university scholarships.

However, his uncle's repeated emphasis that singapore didn't raise his nephew, hints to me that Schooling is unlikely to return to Singapore to serve NS after this Olympics.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schooling is schooling. You is you. What is there to be angry about? Harder to accept is whether he is way past his peak performance in the sport. That I think is harder to accept for a young man. One door closes, another door opens and all that. :unsure:
People are upset is because he's representing SG! To finish last in the heats is an embarrassment imo.
Like I said, after a while everything will be forgotten n life goes on!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are upset is because he's representing SG! To finish last in the heats is an embarrassment imo.
Like I said, after a while everything will be forgotten n life goes on!
Be cause he represent SG? You lost what a pound of flesh? Honour? National prestige? Be cum less of a man? Cum answer me I cannot under stand. :thumbsdown:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with his uncle that that it is more about their family's effort. US has great swimming programmes and many countries base their swimmers in US, be it state sponsorship or university scholarships.

However, his uncle's repeated emphasis that singapore didn't raise his nephew, hints to me that Schooling is unlikely to return to Singapore to serve NS after this Olympics.
Why keep harping on spending own $ for Schooling's education n swimming? To be fair, he has been awarded $1m for his achievement.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be cause he represent SG? You lost what a pound of flesh? Honour? National prestige? Be cum less of a man? Cum answer me I cannot under stand. :thumbsdown:
Than what? Swim for himself? Up to u how u want to interpret it..
Whats the point of the national anthem being played after awarding the medals?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why keep harping on spending own $ for Schooling's education n swimming? To be fair, he has been awarded $1m for his achievement.

醉翁之意不在酒 The drunkard's true intent is not alcohol.

yes, what if these talks and jumping into schooling's defences is to prepare us mentally that he will evade NS after this olympics?