• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is plagued by a gov leech, sucking the lifeblood out of the workforce.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again: Singapore continues to be plagued by a government that leeches itself on the economy, sucking the lifeblood out of the workforce.

Now, having opened Orange & Teal, I can speak from first-hand experience how the PAP continues this wayward economic governance at the expense of society.
I’m, of course, referring to the collection of fees and other charges (eg, foreign worker levy, COEs, ERPs) which is an easy way of lining state coffers but has a pernicious effect on the people.

Let’s start with the F&B business. It’s become axiomatic that sourcing staff for restaurants are stuff of nightmares. I came across a restaurant that was almost pleading with customers not to be abusive to its staff because of the long waiting times due to staff shortage. This is partly due to the lack of workers skilled in the area of F&B. How the situation deteriorated to such an extent is another discussion.

And because there is such a shortage of locals for the sector, F&B operators have had to turn to employing foreigners. The PAP then exploits the situation by charging – gratuitously – a foreign worker levy of several hundred dollars per worker.

It says that such a levy is a “pricing mechanism” necessary to control the number of foreign workers being employed in Singapore.

This is hogwash. The government pre-determines the number of people it allows in to work here. Even if a company is willing to pay a million dollars for a foreign worker, if the government doesn’t allow that worker to come in, it doesn’t happen. It’s that simple.

Tacking on a levy for every foreign employee is wholly unnecessary and serves only as a source of easy money for the state.

(Aside #1: It’s the same for COEs. The authorities already fix the number of new cars allowed on our roads each month/year. COEs is just an excuse to extract more money from the populace.)

How does the foreign workers’ levy affect Singaporeans? For starters, the increased cost of doing business is passed onto customers. Is it any wonder that people find it increasingly expensive to eat out?

(Aside #2: And don’t get me started on rent, which is another cash cow for the government and which adds to the burden of operators and consumers. The only party laughing all the way to the bank is of the People’s-Action ilk.)

Back to the issue at hand. Employing just a few foreigners means that a company may end up paying thousands of dollars in levies. Such amounts could mean the difference between viability as a business or going under.

The levies also mean that employers are constrained in paying their staff better wages – including Singaporeans –.

(Aside #3: The levy is not confined to the F&B industry. The construction sector also needs a multitude of foreign workers. Each contractor/sub-contractor building your HDB flat pays enormous sums on levies. This cost is passed onto to HDB, a cost which you end up paying when you buy a flat – a double boon for the government.)

What all this means is that the exorbitant cost of living makes life in Singapore highly stressful, resulting in younger couples opting for fewer children which, in turn, gives the PAP the opportunity to declare a procreation crisis and open the immigration gates even wider – all the while collecting billions in revenue from employers of foreign workers.

This must stop. This is why my SDP colleagues and I continue to work towards the next GE. Many of you have asked me whether I will continue in politics since I opened Orange & Teal. I say again, until this old heart of mine stops beating, I will never stop speaking up for this nation, for our people.

Now more than ever, I need your support to get into Parliament. See you at O&T.

May be an image of 9 people, people standing and text that says Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market& & Food Centre Mark

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aside #1: It’s the same for COEs. The authorities already fix the number of new cars allowed on our roads each month/year. COEs is just an excuse to extract more money from the populace
I need to correct abit for Chee.
It's not the same for COEs.
It is true that the authorities already fixed the number of new cars allowed.
If pap didn't have coe and erp more tam jiak ter nao sinkies will buy car and sg roads has not enough space to fit in all the cars.
Hence as a clear minded person I would suggest that pap to remove coe and erp but a ballot system to see who can buy or who cannot buy a new car.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP stands for...... Parasites And Pests
ugly and deadly, btw stop thinking the elections matters.....
it does fuck all except waste your time and once every 4 years the ah peks and aunties got something to gossip about

Last edited:

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let’s start with the F&B business. It’s become axiomatic that sourcing staff for restaurants are stuff of nightmares. I came across a restaurant that was almost pleading with customers not to be abusive to its staff because of the long waiting times due to staff shortage. This is partly due to the lack of workers skilled in the area of F&B. How the situation deteriorated to such an extent is another discussion
I also need to correct abit for Chee.
Does he know that in popular hawker the staffs are the ones to Gan the customers. The customer due to their tam jiak and ter nao have no choice but lan lan and queue up properly .

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is partly due to the lack of workers skilled in the area of F&B. How the situation deteriorated to such an extent is another discussion
Again I need to correct abit for Chee.
It should be lacked of workers in the f&b and not skilled in f&b as f&b doesn't requires any skillsets so long you have 2 legs and a pair of hands.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need to correct abit for Chee.
It's not the same for COEs.
It is true that the authorities already fixed the number of new cars allowed.
If pap didn't have coe and erp more tam jiak ter nao sinkies will buy car and sg roads has not enough space to fit in all the cars.
Hence as a clear minded person I would suggest that pap to remove coe and erp but a ballot system to see who can buy or who cannot buy a new car.
What will happen next is that after they got lucky and get the ballot they will sell their ticket to another person who is willing to pay at a higher price and the final result is LPPL
Instead of money into pap pocket it becomes into sinkie pocket. Pap not so stupid lor

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the cult of tripartism... not unlike letting the foxes guard the chicken house. :cool:

SwumXol.png

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how the govt when quizzed about the f&b labour market they can levy to control labour demand while at the same time telling u companies will leave if they don't get their e pass addictions satisfied. Low end work pass use levy, lower-mid end s pass use quota, then mid range e pass unlimited flow. What meritocracy? Fucking complicated and full of contradictions if u ask me. :cautious:

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal

I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again: Singapore continues to be plagued by a government that leeches itself on the economy, sucking the lifeblood out of the workforce.

Now, having opened Orange & Teal, I can speak from first-hand experience how the PAP continues this wayward economic governance at the expense of society.
I’m, of course, referring to the collection of fees and other charges (eg, foreign worker levy, COEs, ERPs) which is an easy way of lining state coffers but has a pernicious effect on the people.

Let’s start with the F&B business. It’s become axiomatic that sourcing staff for restaurants are stuff of nightmares. I came across a restaurant that was almost pleading with customers not to be abusive to its staff because of the long waiting times due to staff shortage. This is partly due to the lack of workers skilled in the area of F&B. How the situation deteriorated to such an extent is another discussion.

And because there is such a shortage of locals for the sector, F&B operators have had to turn to employing foreigners. The PAP then exploits the situation by charging – gratuitously – a foreign worker levy of several hundred dollars per worker.

It says that such a levy is a “pricing mechanism” necessary to control the number of foreign workers being employed in Singapore.

This is hogwash. The government pre-determines the number of people it allows in to work here. Even if a company is willing to pay a million dollars for a foreign worker, if the government doesn’t allow that worker to come in, it doesn’t happen. It’s that simple.

Tacking on a levy for every foreign employee is wholly unnecessary and serves only as a source of easy money for the state.

(Aside #1: It’s the same for COEs. The authorities already fix the number of new cars allowed on our roads each month/year. COEs is just an excuse to extract more money from the populace.)

How does the foreign workers’ levy affect Singaporeans? For starters, the increased cost of doing business is passed onto customers. Is it any wonder that people find it increasingly expensive to eat out?

(Aside #2: And don’t get me started on rent, which is another cash cow for the government and which adds to the burden of operators and consumers. The only party laughing all the way to the bank is of the People’s-Action ilk.)

Back to the issue at hand. Employing just a few foreigners means that a company may end up paying thousands of dollars in levies. Such amounts could mean the difference between viability as a business or going under.

The levies also mean that employers are constrained in paying their staff better wages – including Singaporeans –.

(Aside #3: The levy is not confined to the F&B industry. The construction sector also needs a multitude of foreign workers. Each contractor/sub-contractor building your HDB flat pays enormous sums on levies. This cost is passed onto to HDB, a cost which you end up paying when you buy a flat – a double boon for the government.)

What all this means is that the exorbitant cost of living makes life in Singapore highly stressful, resulting in younger couples opting for fewer children which, in turn, gives the PAP the opportunity to declare a procreation crisis and open the immigration gates even wider – all the while collecting billions in revenue from employers of foreign workers.

This must stop. This is why my SDP colleagues and I continue to work towards the next GE. Many of you have asked me whether I will continue in politics since I opened Orange & Teal. I say again, until this old heart of mine stops beating, I will never stop speaking up for this nation, for our people.

Now more than ever, I need your support to get into Parliament. See you at O&T.

May be an image of 9 people, people standing and text that says Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market& & Food Centre Mark

There is a levy because it forces SMEs to employ locals instead of relying on foreign talents.

Wtf is he thinking. Open door policy comes at a price. And that is why locals get job opportunities despite the open door policy. His thinking is a abit short.

Imagine if there is no levy and accountability. What do you think will happen to the locals?

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a levy because it forces SMEs to employ locals instead of relying on foreign talents.

Wtf is he thinking. Open door policy comes at a price. And that is why locals get job opportunities despite the open door policy. His thinking is a abit short.

Imagine if there is no levy and accountability. What do you think will happen to the locals?
I think what he thinking is that those jobs that sinkies doesn't want to work eg his restaurant then don't levy him whereas those jobs that sinkies want then levy lor

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stinkies get the government they deserve.

If stinkies truly despised pap-piglets, why haven't they demonstrated in large numbers?

Show me a single million man demo in stinkypura history.

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF COE done in this way, our roads will be better managed.

* COE exempted free for Public Bus/Lorry/Van, Taxi, PHV vehicle.
* PHV vehicle must clock 50 jobs per week, or lose the COE
* COE can only bid & buy by Citizen, via Singpass ... cannot through Agent.
* Only 1 applicant is able to bid and buy COE as per individual household
* If the household requires 2nd Car onwards, they have to apply special approval from LTA
* Special Approval COE for the 2nd Car onwards will be set at fixed rate $10 Million/per Car/10 years

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how the govt when quizzed about the f&b labour market they can levy to control labour demand while at the same time telling u companies will leave if they don't get their e pass addictions satisfied. Low end work pass use levy, lower-mid end s pass use quota, then mid range e pass unlimited flow. What meritocracy? Fucking complicated and full of contradictions if u ask me. :cautious:
no contradiction what.... more pay = free pass! Therefore meritocracy! agree or not?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF COE done in this way, our roads will be better managed.

* COE exempted free for Public Bus/Lorry/Van, Taxi, PHV vehicle.
* PHV vehicle must clock 50 jobs per week, or lose the COE
* COE can only bid & buy by Citizen, via Singpass ... cannot through Agent.
* Only 1 applicant is able to bid and buy COE as per individual household
* If the household requires 2nd Car onwards, they have to apply special approval from LTA
* Special Approval COE for the 2nd Car onwards will be set at fixed rate $10 Million/per Car/10 years
I think you miss the point. As mentioned by everybody else, it's to make the most money. If they follow your recommendations surely they will make less money from COE.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
very simple.....
civil servants including chobolan ministers and mp pay capped at 30k a month
those menial workers (doing the real work) earning 1500 and below, pay to double

problems solved....peace on this island again.....FUCK PAP