• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - GrabFood rider spends 1hr of his valuable time helping office workers assemble problematic chair, gets tipped only $10

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Doesn't look too good for one's posture.

1614947997795.png

A GrabFood delivery rider who arrived at their office to deliver food came to the rescue.

And proceeded to spend the next one hour figuring out what went wrong and completely dismantling and reassembling the chair.

Grab-delivery-rider.jpg

It turns out that Mala and her colleagues had used the wrong screw when connecting the various parts, a piece of information which Mala noted the instructions failed to include.

Mala then expressed her gratitude to Ku who decided to extend a helping hand to them.

She wrote that for delivery riders, time lost was income lost.

She and her colleagues also tipped the rider S$10 as a token of appreciation for his kindness and patience.

Although Ku initially refused (probably because he thought $10 was insultingly low for 1hr of his time, sweat and effort; but the officer workers imagine he refused because it was too generous a tip), he eventually reluctantly accepted the cash after much persuasion.

https://mothership.sg/2021/03/grabfood-rider-assemble-chair/

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle say KNN mala and the group lu stoopid fool KNN eat also lazy need people to leeleever chair also need people to fix KNN your job need people to take over anot KNN bloody hell my uncle dare to say at least 60% (maybe all) of the group are leedudant at work KNN

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
That fucking stupid bitch, can't even get her chair right.
She should sit on the tables with her legs open and panties off.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle say KNN mala and the group lu stoopid fool KNN eat also lazy need people to leeleever chair also need people to fix KNN your job need people to take over anot KNN bloody hell my uncle dare to say at least 60% (maybe all) of the group are leedudant at work KNN
Many accountant like Very Kind Lady with low iq doing clear shit job think that they are very important at work everyday clearing shit KNN fucking useless leeches :cool: KNN my uncle personally know another useless jibye everyday post on fb work late again clearing shit leeceiving likes KNN my uncle thinking whether should create a stalker account to tell her you fucking useless bitch KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Voluntary good deeds ought to be done without expectations of reward. I do it all the time, and not expect anything. Yes, I am a Saint.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moral of the story: time is precious, learn the power of saying no, otherwise you'll continue to deliver food forever.

81OoQ0E2XVL._SL1500_.jpg

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Voluntary good deeds ought to be done without expectations of reward. I do it all the time, and not expect anything. Yes, I am a Saint.

Good deeds are when you help the poor & needy, which the office workers are certainly not.

And it's not about the delivery guy expecting a reward (he probably wasn't), it's about the office workers not showing due appreciation and respect: they condescendingly imagine $10 is a big deal for 'lowly jobs' like deliverymen, when in fact without his help (due to poor design or instruction, some seemingly simple assembly tasks can become annoyingly frustrating and in this instance clearly defeated the entire department of office workers) the few-hundred-dollars chair would be totally unusable and would have been discarded aside.

Mala was obviously well-intentioned (if she didn't take the initiative to offer the $10 tip, most likely her colleagues wouldn't even have tipped at all), but the real problem is that most people (including most Singaporeans) aren't sufficiently appreciative and respectful of laborious help such as this.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are times really that bad now? Usually, when an office has defective furniture, replacements will be procured.

Don't bother the food delivery peons with your shitty company's logistical problems. :rolleyes: