• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore family books ENTIRE Virgin space flight for US$1m

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
AFP | Mon, Nov 14 2011

Singapore_family_books_1m_Virgin_space_flight-topImage.jpg

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean businessman, his wife and two children have paid US$1 million (S$1.28 million) to become the first Asian family to fly together on space-tourism airline Virgin Galactic, the company announced Monday.

"I had lunch yesterday with a guy who got in touch with us in Singapore, and over lunch he signed his contract for not just a seat, but for a whole flight," Virgin Galactic commercial director Stephen Attenborough said.

Speaking at an international media and marketing conference in Singapore, Attenborough said the customer handed over a cheque for US$1 million and asked to remain anonymous because "apparently he hasn't told his wife yet."

"So he is going to become, or he and his family will become, the first family from Asia to become astronauts together," Attenborough said.

WHICH FAMILY IS THIS?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Won't be suprised if the businessman in question tried to buy a football club earlier this year and his current wife is a former TCS actress

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Sinkie is indeed different from the others. Most Sinkies only dream of mooncakes, instead of going to the moon or exploring space.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. it would not be a surprise that the 2nd asian family booked for space travel is some elite sheep here.
2. after all, it is a little more than 1 mil free monies mah!

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. it would not be a surprise that the 2nd asian family booked for space travel is some elite sheep here.
2. after all, it is a little more than 1 mil free monies mah!

Dun think like a Sinkie. U shud be happy that a Sinkie minister or civil servant is using tax monies to broaden his horizons.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Won't be suprised if the businessman in question tried to buy a football club earlier this year and his current wife is a former TCS actress

There aren't that many Sinkies with enough disposable income to book an entire space flight for the family. Unless, Richard Branson accepts payment by CPF.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
:
:
:

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean businessman, his wife and two children have paid US$1 million (S$1.28 million) to become the first Asian family to fly together on space-tourism airline Virgin Galactic, the company announced Monday.
:
"I had lunch yesterday with a guy who got in touch with us in Singapore, and over lunch he signed his contract for not just a seat, but for a whole flight," Virgin Galactic commercial director Stephen Attenborough said.
:

Looks like he got a good deal. The market price is/was USD$1m per person.

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like he got a good deal. The market price is/was USD$1m per person.

Last I heard was 200k USD per head for First flight experience. Im shocked that the whole flight is 1m USD as well reported by AFP. I think it could be an associate and publicity for Asian market. Branson have bet his whole legacy and empire on this.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought it might be someone like LKY. However LKY is too cheep to pay for a flight, he'd rather wait for some GLC to offer him a freebie like what happened with SIA :rolleyes:

Personally don't mind paying for for LKY & his family, if it is a one way flight. Think how much $$$,$$$,$$$ it would save Sporeans:p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is no space tour, the plane just fly up and then fly down quickly. definition is space, but really nothing like going to space station or orbit around earth.

just a waste of money.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sio. Spend so much money to try first for what. Sikali fly halfway explode then really straight to heaven Liao.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought it might be someone like LKY. However LKY is too cheep to pay for a flight, he'd rather wait for some GLC to offer him a freebie like what happened with SIA :rolleyes:

Personally don't mind paying for for LKY & his family, if it is a one way flight. Think how much $$$,$$$,$$$ it would save Sporeans:p

After the cremation of the Old Fart, his family will scatter his ashes in space...:eek:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Sinkie is indeed different from the others. Most Sinkies only dream of mooncakes, instead of going to the moon or exploring space.

Mr Tonychatter... Forgive me for my ignorance.. Just curious.. May I ask, what is the difference between you and Tonychat? Both of you sounds eerily the same..:biggrin: :eek: :*: