• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore beat Philippines 1-0 and nobody talking about it?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sg football team need success. people are very realistic. nobody wants to be associated with losers. once they start winning something, mickey mouse cup also good. people will go back to the stadium again. people love winners.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sg football team need success. people are very realistic. nobody wants to be associated with losers. once they start winning something, mickey mouse cup also good. people will go back to the stadium again. people love winners.

Nope. As long as the S-League is still up and running, as long as the FAS is run by nincompoops, as long as there is no proper youth development program for football, and as long as the FAS/Singapore is brazenly pro-FT (Duric still playing at 40+? LOL!), SG football will remain an epic fail.

The Kallang Roar died in 1994, along with Fandi Ahmad, Abbas Saad, Malek Awab etc. It still remains dead.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. As long as the S-League is still up and running, as long as the FAS is run by nincompoops, as long as there is no proper youth development program for football, and as long as the FAS/Singapore is brazenly pro-FT (Duric still playing at 40+? LOL!), SG football will remain an epic fail.

The Kallang Roar died in 1994, along with Fandi Ahmad, Abbas Saad, Malek Awab etc. It still remains dead.

nothing wrong with ass leak as there already a domestic league during the time Lions still in the M-league. i often go toa payoh stadium to watch balestier and those days already had angmo inside domestic teams. yugoslavia players in the balestier side were coached by robin chan.

my main beef against current singapore setup was too relient on foreigners, machiam like giving pink IC to anyone who can kick a ball. The youth setup was shut down for so many years and the worst of all was FAS chairman or president always a papig stooges who cannot kick a ball to save his own life.

DogVader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arf Arf, Philippines not a doggie in Asean anymore. They have quite a few Europe based players. They are of mixed parentage, mum Pinoys and father whites.

Give them another 5 to 10 years and they will be a force to be reckon with.

Arf Arf I am Vader the soccer dog.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Same here.. Tonite I made an exception due to that bastard Pestano.. The Thais will be favourite goin to the semis tommorow against Malaysia due to home ground factor.. I have many fond memories with Thai people especially their women..:biggrin:

C'mon Thailand..

I still support Singapore when they played against other national teams, there are enough local born and bred players still in the team for me to want to support them. My current favourite player is Haris Harun, a very composed midfielder, not available at the moment because of injury.

However, given the choice of watching the national team or BPL, I'll choose the latter anyday.

Any issues with the policy on sportsmen should be directed at the MIWs and not so much on the foreign born players. You may have noticed that the foreign born players like Duric and Bennett sing the national anthem before the start of the match. That makes them better than most other foreigners and even some locals in my book.

Football: Amri blasts Singapore into Suzuki Cup final

Posted: 12 December 2012 2212 hrs

display_image.php

Philippines player Phil Younghusband (C) vies for the ball with Singapore players during the AFF Suzuki Cup semi-final in Singapore on December 12, 2012. (AFP/Roslan Rahman)

SINGAPORE: Khairul Amri struck the only goal as three-time champions Singapore beat the Philippines 1-0 to reach the AFF Suzuki Cup final on Wednesday.

Following a goalless semi-final first leg in Manila, Amri lashed home a shot from outside the box on 19 minutes after Shahdan Sulaiman's quickly taken free-kick caught the Philippines defence napping at Jalan Besar Stadium.

The hosts dominated the first half but they were unable to extend their lead as Azkals' keeper Eduard Sacapano denied Amri a second goal after clearing the ball straight to him and later stopped a shot from striker Alexander Duric, 42.

The visitors did not threaten until late in the half when Singapore 'keeper Izwan Mahbud smartly saved a low drive by Phil Younghusband and then came out to smother a shot by his brother James as he attacked on the break.

Phil Younghusband went close again in the 71st minute but it was a rare moment of real danger for Singapore as they hung on to reach their first Southeast final since 2007.

The Lions, who have never lost in their three previous title matches, will host the final's first leg next Wednesday against three-time winners Thailand or defending champions Malaysia. The second leg is on December 22.

Thailand and Malaysia meet in the second leg of their semi-final at the Supachalasai Stadium in Bangkok on Thursday following a 1-1 draw in the first leg in Kuala Lumpur.

Amri also scored the decisive goal in the two-legged final in 2007, when Singapore edged Thailand 3-2 on aggregate.

- AFP/lp

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
LATEST: Singapore will face fellow three-time winners Thailand in the AFF Suzuki Cup final.

The Thais defeated Malaysia 2-0 in Bangkok today for a 3-1 aggregate semi-final win.

The first leg of the final will be played at Jalan Besar Stadium on Dec 19, while the return leg will be in Bangkok on Dec 22.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
final only one match lah, it's the SF which has 2 legs............................

Bro, final is over two legs. 1st on 19 Dec in SG and 2nd leg on 22 Dec at BKK.
This is the format for many years liao. Is a stupid tournament.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Bro, final is over two legs. 1st on 19 Dec in SG and 2nd leg on 22 Dec at BKK.
This is the format for many years liao. Is a stupid tournament.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, thanks for the information. My apologies for an honest mistake which is not very grave I hope. :o

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's so happy about? Our Speaker of Parliament has resigned over a grave mistake! Isnt that tragic? Our talented Party is full of worms. Doesnt that keep you awake at night? To think about football now?