• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Ambasador writes to AP on Shane Todd's murder court case

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is very interesting.. who does he think he is??

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/spore-envoy-writes-clarify-inaccurate-ap-report-todd-case

I wonder how will the ppl at AP react to this.. but my first thoughts were.. "who do you think you are?? do you really think ppl will kow-tow to you?"

He is taking a economic rational stance. The Todds are living by US Hollywood movie world.

Unless you want sactions on Singapore, ask yourself--why is the US sending their warships which could be attacked by the so-called Shane Todd attackers--here?

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Mirpuri’s letter was sent to all three. He wrote: “The AP article distorted the police investigator’s statement at the coroner’s inquiry. In explaining his actions under oath, the investigator did not say he had violated any protocols, let alone ‘admit’ to doing so.”

He added that the police’s protocols for processing a scene are operational guidelines and allow the investigator some discretion to use his professional judgment to assess the steps to be taken. “Whether one should dust for fingerprints or collect DNA samples are not prescriptive. His decisions must necessarily be based on the circumstances of each case,” he said.

Would if it have made a difference to the outcome of the case?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should ask AP whether they got apply license and pay 50k bond bo? If dont have, dont anyhow leeport here and there hor...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A letter like this are not meant for general consumption as most Americans are either ignorant or not interested. It meant for those who are interested and prepared to make their own decisions based on available information.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy is part of the long established Sindhi or Gujarati Singapore community. 3rd or 4th generation SIngaporean, did NS, and studied in NUS. They were involved in the tailoring trade, high end suits such as Melwani etc. I recall his wife was stunner.

Why the sinkie envoy the name sounds so FT?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
six.ambassador.ball1.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm stunned you call that a stunner. more like char siew bao. sun ho is what (not who) i would regard as a stunner. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is taking a economic rational stance. The Todds are living by US Hollywood movie world.

Unless you want sactions on Singapore, ask yourself--why is the US sending their warships which could be attacked by the so-called Shane Todd attackers--here?

Sinkapore chose to sleep with the PRC, then it bears the consequences. If US stops technological transfers, sinkapore can always go PRC. You have no problem with that, do you?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A letter like this are not meant for general consumption as most Americans are either ignorant or not interested. It meant for those who are interested and prepared to make their own decisions based on available information.

And the Americans will believe him. The Todds are fighting a government with millions of dollars to dole out. I won't be surprised the PAP government buying airtime on major networks at prime time to deliver its message. If it does that, then we know for a fact that the PAP has been helping the Chinese steal US technology.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the Americans will believe him. The Todds are fighting a government with millions of dollars to dole out. I won't be surprised the PAP government buying airtime on major networks at prime time to deliver its message. If it does that, then we know for a fact that the PAP has been helping the Chinese steal US technology.

All this a bit of overkill? Which other country pull stunts like these?