• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - 2 Singaporeans arrested for growing Marijuana / Cannabis plants in Yishun HDB flat

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How were they caught? By ICA @ SingPost, which intercepted their delivery packages containing marijuana related glassware, and reported to CNB.

https://mothership.sg/2019/09/yishun-grow-cannabis/

According to a joint press release by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) and Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), the two Singaporeans (a man and a woman) were arrested within a HDB flat which contained, among other things, a makeshift greenhouse that had been erected for cultivating two pots of cannabis plants.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-10-at-6.38.38-PM.png
Source: CNB and ICA
Screen-Shot-2019-09-10-at-6.49.31-PM.png

CNB officers also found glass apparatuses, printed and written instructions on the cultivation of cannabis plants, as well as various equipment.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-10-at-6.56.01-PM.png

Detection of glass apparatuses at Singpost Centre led to their arrest

The press release further stated that the arrest of the two suspects followed the detection of glass apparatuses by ICA officers at the Parcel Post Section of SingPost Centre.

The glass apparatuses were suspected to be used for smoking drugs.

20 years’ prison for cultivating cannabis

Cannabis is classified as a Class A controlled drug under Singapore’s Misuse of Drugs Act.

As such, the penalty for the cultivation of cannabis is a jail term of 20 years, a fine of S$40,000, or both.

Investigations into the incident are ongoing.

https://mothership.sg/2019/09/yishun-grow-cannabis/

Also see :

How to spot if you have a cannabis farm next door

Cannabis-farm-010.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2013/oct/15/spot-if-cannabis-farm-next-door

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yishun again!!:eek:

Actually, cannabis is a natural herb. For cooking and eating, and also a natural remedy for ailments. It's consumption should be made legal. AMDKs are enlightened to know its benefits.:biggrin:

glnit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why must sinkies criminalise folks sprouting two measly pots? The couple can't possibly be kingpins much less running a pot empire with such a small set-up. Haiz....

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A new report estimates that 500,000 people grow cannabis in the UK – roughly one person on every street. So how can you tell if your neighbour is raising a crop?
Conor Woodman
Tue 15 Oct 2013 17.10 BST First published on Tue 15 Oct 2013 17.10 BST

Cannabis-farm-010.jpg

A cannabis farm uncovered by police in Woolwich in south-east London. Photograph: Glenn Copus/PA

In the course of making a film about Britain's cannabis industry, I have learned a lot about how to spot a cannabis farm. I have been schooled by policemen who raid them, gangsters who rob them and growers who set them up and produce more than 80% of the cannabis smoked in the UK today.
The latest Independent Drug Monitoring Unit report suggests there are now as many as half a million people growing cannabis in the UK, which equates to roughly one on every street. So how can you spot the cannabis farm next door to you?

Smell Follow your nose. A cannabis crop takes about three months to produce. During the final four weeks, the plants stink. Earlier this year, Crimestoppers helpfully issued cannabis-farm scratch-and-sniff cards to 210,000 homes in the UK to help you identify the exact bouquet.

Light Growers can't get away from the fact that internal farming requires a lot of it: 2,000 watts running 12 hours a day in a small bedroom looks a lot like the sun, so look out for windows that are constantly blacked out to cover that up. Cannabis farms in spare rooms will have the tell-tale sign of curtains that never open.

Heat Those lights also give off a lot of heat, so the old theory was that the house growing cannabis in the loft would be the one with no snow on the roof in winter. But nowadays growers use internal tents, that isolate a lot of the heat. This makes farms harder for police to spot using their infra-red cameras.

Ventilation Growers need to ventilate the plants with large extractor fans, which generally emit a low hum. If every morning, at exactly the same time, it sounds as if someone next door is starting up their hovercraft, then it's probably a cannabis farm warming up for the day.

Security Growers live in a paranoid world, always wondering when their door is going to get kicked in – not only by the police but by "enforcers", violent criminals who make their living by stealing cannabis crops. For that reason many of them adopt Fort Knox-like security. Portcullises on the doors, bars on the windows and even CCTV cameras are not uncommon.

Activity Not all farms are inhabited by the grower so watch out for signs that there is no one actually living there: unkempt front gardens, or if your neighbour never leaves out any bin bags on collection day.

Good neighbourliness If the grower is in residence then it can go the opposite way. Perhaps the most surprising tell for having a grower next door might be their over-the-top neighbourliness as they overcompensate in their efforts not to annoy you or make you suspicious as to what they're up to. As one grower told me: "I'm the nicest, most law-abiding citizen on my street, because the last thing I ever want is to give someone a reason to want to call the police to complain about me."
But you may not be the only person trying to spot a cannabis farm on your street. The sinister side to these booming businesses is that they have become lucrative targets for harder and more violent criminals looking to rob them. These people are constantly on the look out for farms within our communities, which in turn exposes the rest of us to potential violence. What's the solution? The dealers and criminals I spoke with all said that legalisation (ie. making marijuana legal) would put them out of business.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2013/oct/15/spot-if-cannabis-farm-next-door

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yishun again!!:eek:

Actually, cannabis is a natural herb. For cooking and eating, and also a natural remedy for ailments. It's consumption should be made legal. AMDKs are enlightened to know its benefits.:biggrin:
cbd is a beneficial (medicinal) compound from the cannabis plant while thc is not. thc is the psychoactive compound that gives cannabis user the “high”. cbd can be sextracted from cannabis hemp plants which produce less than 0.69% of thc. marijuana cannabis as opposed to hemp cannabis produces high amounts of thc. sg can ban marijuana but can reconsider growing of hemp for medicinal purposes. cbd products are now very popular and sold in stores at health supplement sections.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
cbd is a beneficial (medicinal) compound from the cannabis plant while thc is not. thc is the psychoactive compound that gives cannabis user the “high”. cbd can be sextracted from cannabis hemp plants which produce less than 0.69% of thc. marijuana cannabis as opposed to hemp cannabis produces high amounts of thc. sg can ban marijuana but can reconsider growing of hemp for medicinal purposes. cbd products are now very popular and sold in stores at health supplement sections.
Cannabis is nature's gift to human kind. I think both the medicinal and the "high" components are good for people. Everything in moderation. Tea, coffee, ginseng, tongkat ali, tobacco, etc are all great stuff. Plants are indeed great!:thumbsup:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

A new report estimates that 500,000 people grow cannabis in the UK – roughly one person on every street. So how can you tell if your neighbour is raising a crop?
Conor Woodman
Tue 15 Oct 2013 17.10 BST First published on Tue 15 Oct 2013 17.10 BST

Cannabis-farm-010.jpg

A cannabis farm uncovered by police in Woolwich in south-east London. Photograph: Glenn Copus/PA

In the course of making a film about Britain's cannabis industry, I have learned a lot about how to spot a cannabis farm. I have been schooled by policemen who raid them, gangsters who rob them and growers who set them up and produce more than 80% of the cannabis smoked in the UK today.
The latest Independent Drug Monitoring Unit report suggests there are now as many as half a million people growing cannabis in the UK, which equates to roughly one on every street. So how can you spot the cannabis farm next door to you?

Smell Follow your nose. A cannabis crop takes about three months to produce. During the final four weeks, the plants stink. Earlier this year, Crimestoppers helpfully issued cannabis-farm scratch-and-sniff cards to 210,000 homes in the UK to help you identify the exact bouquet.

Light Growers can't get away from the fact that internal farming requires a lot of it: 2,000 watts running 12 hours a day in a small bedroom looks a lot like the sun, so look out for windows that are constantly blacked out to cover that up. Cannabis farms in spare rooms will have the tell-tale sign of curtains that never open.

Heat Those lights also give off a lot of heat, so the old theory was that the house growing cannabis in the loft would be the one with no snow on the roof in winter. But nowadays growers use internal tents, that isolate a lot of the heat. This makes farms harder for police to spot using their infra-red cameras.

Ventilation Growers need to ventilate the plants with large extractor fans, which generally emit a low hum. If every morning, at exactly the same time, it sounds as if someone next door is starting up their hovercraft, then it's probably a cannabis farm warming up for the day.

Security Growers live in a paranoid world, always wondering when their door is going to get kicked in – not only by the police but by "enforcers", violent criminals who make their living by stealing cannabis crops. For that reason many of them adopt Fort Knox-like security. Portcullises on the doors, bars on the windows and even CCTV cameras are not uncommon.

Activity Not all farms are inhabited by the grower so watch out for signs that there is no one actually living there: unkempt front gardens, or if your neighbour never leaves out any bin bags on collection day.

Good neighbourliness If the grower is in residence then it can go the opposite way. Perhaps the most surprising tell for having a grower next door might be their over-the-top neighbourliness as they overcompensate in their efforts not to annoy you or make you suspicious as to what they're up to. As one grower told me: "I'm the nicest, most law-abiding citizen on my street, because the last thing I ever want is to give someone a reason to want to call the police to complain about me."
But you may not be the only person trying to spot a cannabis farm on your street. The sinister side to these booming businesses is that they have become lucrative targets for harder and more violent criminals looking to rob them. These people are constantly on the look out for farms within our communities, which in turn exposes the rest of us to potential violence. What's the solution? The dealers and criminals I spoke with all said that legalisation (ie. making marijuana legal) would put them out of business.

North Vietnam has mountains of this stuff! Just need to walk among the mountain villages and you will spot them.:biggrin:
bnblccisrnw01.jpg

img_1401.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannabis is a nature's gift to human kind. I think both the medicinal and the "high" components are good for people. Everything in moderation. Tea, coffee, ginseng, tongkat ali, tobacco, etc are all great stuff. Plants are indeed great!:thumbsup:
if convert cbd to oil, ointment, capsules, tablets or infuse it into food it's ok. it's the smoking of dried marijuana leaves that leaves little to be desired. very awful smell plus 2nd hand smoke. 2nd hand smoke is like breathing both smoke and smoker's lungs and throats. yuck.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
if convert cbd to oil, ointment, capsules, tablets or infuse it into food it's ok. it's the smoking of dried marijuana leaves that leaves little to be desired. very awful smell plus 2nd hand smoke. 2nd hand smoke is like breathing both smoke and smoker's lungs and throats. yuck.
It's the dried flower bud that is smoked, not so much the leaves. The buds have the highest THC. Smoking of any kind should be discouraged, it is a disgusting, filthy and expensive habit!:biggrin:
cannabis-bud.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the dried flower bud that is smoked, not so much the leaves. The buds have the highest THC. Smoking of any kind should be discouraged, it is a disgusting, filthy and expensive habit!:biggrin:
cannabis-bud.jpg
in a licensed store the buds sell more because of the high thc value. since the store is out to make a profit they stock more buds. the (loser) consumer who goes into a store to purchase marijuana products is not looking for cbd but thc for the "high" factor. if there's a 69% concentrated thc product that can knock a consumer out in 6.9 seconds it will be sold out in 69 seconds. it shows how losers are like brainless zombies, attracted only to their base instincts of sextisfaction and cravings, and never about their future and children's future. meanwhile cbd products on shelves in supermarkets are snapped up by 69-year olds who are retired, own million-dollar homes, have paid for everything, no debts, and only think about prolonging their lives.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
in a licensed store the buds sell more because of the high thc value. since the store is out to make a profit they stock more buds. the (loser) consumer who goes into a store to purchase marijuana products is not looking for cbd but thc for the "high" factor. if there's a 69% concentrated thc product that can knock a consumer out in 6.9 seconds it will be sold out in 69 seconds. it shows how losers are like brainless zombies, attracted only to their base instincts of sextisfaction and cravings, and never about their future and children's future. meanwhile cbd products on shelves in supermarkets are snapped up by 69-year olds who are retired, own million-dollar homes, have paid for everything, no debts, and only think about prolonging their lives.
Precisely! Stoners are useless to society, and to themselves and their loved one.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Vape the buds.

I am a medical cannabis consultant in Alberta. I prescribe it to patients. I like my practice now. Very focused.

However I am looking to go for more training in interventional pain management. Might be going to Toronto end of the year. Meet up with @Charlie99

I was a skeptic at first with the legalization of cannabis. Can ask that other Canadian PR who is back in Singapore. Can't remember his nick. I debated with him a couple of times.

But seriously the CBD in cannabis is awesome for pain. With myrcene it also has a calming effect so it helps with anxiety and helps people relax and sleep too. No receptors in the brain for CBD. Non addictive. Practically no major side effects. Great drug.

THC is the one people use to get high. It is biphasic though. Small doses will make you relaxed and knock you to sleep. The higher you go though it will have a paraxodical anxiety inducing, high inducing effect. So if you are around people smoking THC for recreation, and you inhale that second hand stuff you are gonna be the one falling asleep on the couch.

Combined CBD/THC has the entourage effect and can have an effect on pain for those who dont find CBD alone useful. It is the ratio that matters. CBD:THC ratio >8 will not have any psychotropic effects. CBD:THC of 2 is about the upper limit for THC in hybrids where you might be clear headed.

But when in doubt only use products with CBD:THC >8

CBD can be used topically as well.

The way my patients have described how the CBD works is mostly that it takes attention away from the pain. It does not really remove the pain. But you can do more activities with it, be more functional. But if you think about the pain it is still there. It is a new field and very interesting. Canada will be the leader in research as it has legalized it.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Vape the buds.

I am a medical cannabis consultant in Alberta. I prescribe it to patients. I like my practice now. Very focused.

However I am looking to go for more training in interventional pain management. Might be going to Toronto end of the year. Meet up with @Charlie99

I was a skeptic at first with the legalization of cannabis. Can ask that other Canadian PR who is back in Singapore. Can't remember his nick. I debated with him a couple of times.

But seriously the CBD in cannabis is awesome for pain. With myrcene it also has a calming effect so it helps with anxiety and helps people relax and sleep too. No receptors in the brain for CBD. Non addictive. Practically no major side effects. Great drug.

THC is the one people use to get high. It is biphasic though. Small doses will make you relaxed and knock you to sleep. The higher you go though it will have a paraxodical anxiety inducing, high inducing effect. So if you are around people smoking THC for recreation, and you inhale that second hand stuff you are gonna be the one falling asleep on the couch.

Combined CBD/THC has the entourage effect and can have an effect on pain for those who dont find CBD alone useful. It is the ratio that matters. CBD:THC ratio >8 will not have any psychotropic effects. CBD:THC of 2 is about the upper limit for THC in hybrids where you might be clear headed.

The way my patients have described how the CBD works is mostly that it takes attention away from the pain. It does not really remove the pain. But you can do more activities with it, be more functional. But if you think about the pain it is still there. It is a new field and very interesting. Canada will be the leader in research as it has legalized it.
Thank you for sharing information from your professional experience. I believe the plant is useful when properly used. Sinkie laws should be enacted to regulate it's use, not classify it as a Class A drug.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vape the buds.

what about cbd:thc>6.9?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
what about cbd:thc>6.9?

Will work very well for pain and anxiety too.

It varies from person to person. And it also depends on your history of past use.

I would liken it to Caffeine ie coffee. Not everyone has the same response to a cup of coffee. There are people who do well to wake up with 1-2 cups of coffee daily and never have to increase. While there are those who go more than 6 cups a day and end up drinking more and more to get the same effect.

Tolerance only applies to the THC. Not the CBD. And if you dont use doses of more than 7.5mg of THC per dose you are unlikely to develop tolerance and dependence.

I ask my patients to start with the CBD oils first for pain eg 10:1 or 12:1. If it doesnt work then consider maybe a 4:1. It also depends what available formulations you can find. Or you can combine them on your own.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Medical cannabis will eventually become a mainstay in western medicine for the treatment of pain and also in helping pain patients with Opioid use disorder to wean off their opioids.

matter of time

Meanwhile Canada has started to ramp up a lot of research into this now that it is legal here. Once we have more well designed RCT the world will wake up.

Singapore might do well to start doing more research into this.

Pain is a big thing now. everyone is moving away from opioids for obvious reasons. And teh NSAIDs have all these awful side effects. What else is there to treat pain? Cannabis specifically CBD.

And of course more nerve blocks, joint injections, lidocaine infusions, ketamine infusions, prolotherapy, PRP and stem cells for regeneration