• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - 16 cyclists arrested by Traffic Police & LTA for beating red light and riding against traffic flow on Apr 17 & 18

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1618760982949.png

https://mothership.sg/2021/04/lta-catch-cyclists-beating-red-light/

1618760994698.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many full kit Tour de France wannabes on the roads now. Used to be just the ang mohs, now Sinkies are doing the same.

Usually, the cowardly Sinkies are scared of riding solo on the roads, so they bring along their friends and family members to ride alongside them. Courage in numbers. Pity those drivers behind their 'convoy'. :roflmao:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can use the death penalty on them? They run the red light, cycle against the traffic flow, they have a death wish. Might as well send them to the maker without affecting other road users

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA & traffic police catch 16 cyclists beating red light, 2 riding against traffic flow on Apr. 17 & 18
The Man Shake

LTA reminded cyclists to abide by traffic rules.
Jane Zhang |
clock.png

April 18, 2021, 08:38 PM
fb-icon.svg
tw-icon.svg
whats-icon.svg
lta-cyclists-enforcement.png

The topics of cyclists' road etiquette and the possibility of requiring bicycles to be registered has been hotly debated in Singapore in the past weeks.
Over the Apr. 17 and Apr. 18 weekend, Land Transport Authority (LTA) enforcement officers and Traffic Police officers conducted enforcement operations all over the island.
34 cyclists were found to have flouted rules.
Riding without helmets, beating red light, and riding against traffic flow
In a Facebook post on Sunday (Apr. 18), LTA shared that together with Traffic Police, LTA enforcement officers focused on communicating safe cycling messages to active mobility users in locations such as the AYE, West Coast Highway, Bukit Timah, and Tanah Merah Coast Road.
173993081_5354159457987580_8590993080327347595_n.jpg
Officers reminding cyclists to abide by traffic rules. Photos via Facebook / LTA.
LTA said that while most cyclists were law abiding, they did find some errant ones.
174251286_5354159411320918_1667922488621795209_n.jpg
Photos via Facebook / LTA.
The Man Shake

16 cyclists were caught riding on the road without helmets, while another 16 were seen beating the red light.
174107920_5354159521320907_6870489837511083306_n.jpg
Cyclist caught riding without a helmet. Photos via Facebook / LTA.
174770381_5354159434654249_757094886078013602_n.jpg
Cyclists caught riding without a helmet. Photos via Facebook / LTA.
174105148_5354159371320922_7694196821343542258_n.jpg
Cyclists found beating the red light. Photos via Facebook / LTA.
Two cyclists were also caught riding against the flow of traffic.
LTA reminded cyclists to keep safety in mind while on the roads, abide by the rules, and be considerate and gracious.
Many applauded LTA's efforts
Facebook users responded enthusiastically to LTA's Facebook post. In the first three hours that it was posted, it garnered more than 1,500 likes and 700 shares.
Some chimed in with their support for LTA's and Traffic Police's efforts:
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2313.jpg

A number of people who identified themselves as road cyclists also voiced their support:
IMG_2309.jpg
IMG_2310.jpg
IMG_2311.jpg
IMG_2312.jpg

Others encouraged them to conduct more enforcement exercises, some even suggesting specific locations to do them:
IMG_2306.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg

Others, however, encouraged LTA to focus on motorists rather than just on cyclists:
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg
Related articles:
Top photos via Facebook / LTA.
fb-icon.svg
tw-icon.svg
whats-icon.svg

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many full kit Tour de France wannabes on the roads now. Used to be just the ang mohs, now Sinkies are doing the same.

Usually, the cowardly Sinkies are scared of riding solo on the roads, so they bring along their friends and family members to ride alongside them. Courage in numbers. Pity those drivers behind their 'convoy'. :roflmao:

If a truck runs thru them, whole lot will die together.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not right lah. We need to update our traffic lights and rules. Make sure cyclists have uninterrupted passage. You don't like it when people interrupt your game when you having fun right? I implore the government to make Singapore roads safe for our foreign friends. :unsure:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Their cowardice is always accompanied by their bullying ways. Occupying entire lanes and holding traffic up.
And why are these idiotic cyclists not charged for breaking social distancing rules aka no more than 5 or 6 cyclists in a group?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many of them MAMIL are turned on by kitting themselves up from head to toe.

Why you need to these Tour de France cycling outfits when you are just cycling socially ?

Unlike golfers...they need to put on proper attire because the green rules are such....no wear Tour de France outfit is breaking the rules of cycling ?

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once, i drove pass one of such cyclist on the road. I gave him a lot of space because only half of my car was in the lane. For no reason, he gave me the middle finger. I didn't honk him, just a normal day on the road. These people are too sensitive.

I think the $10000 bicycles will not look so cool if we issue a large visible license number to deter them from using the middle-finger.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once, i drove pass one of such cyclist on the road. I gave him a lot of space because only half of my car was in the lane. For no reason, he gave me the middle finger. I didn't honk him, just a normal day on the road. These people are too sensitive.

I think the $10000 bicycles will not look so cool if we issue a large visible license number to deter them from using the middle-finger.
they hate to get a scratch on their $16.9k bikes. die never mind, but cannot get too near and scratch my bike, ok?

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
balless lta & tp, only knows how to kappa sinkie losers
cunt even catch up or stop any amtk cyclists nor even dare to summon them !!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Cars are killing 120 people a year yet the authorities use resources to go after a handful of harmless cyclists instead.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if it snows in sg, and there’s a ski slope, sinkies slalom wannabes will don the most sexpensive ski attires and sport the most atas ski equipment to go down the slope. and then claim they are fastest in the world with videos to boot (like many tdf wannabes but no champions so far leh.) this frenchie does not need to howlian.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not right lah. We need to update our traffic lights and rules. Make sure cyclists have uninterrupted passage. You don't like it when people interrupt your game when you having fun right? I implore the government to make Singapore roads safe for our foreign friends. :unsure:
Cyclists on cycling lane should have right of way, otherwise how can they achieve Strava PB. And what’s the point of cycling lane?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cars are killing 120 people a year yet the authorities use resources to go after a handful of harmless cyclists instead.
This is just a wayang to appease Dowager since her Facebook has spoken. Furthermore, once we weed out these errant cyclists, the cyclists haters have less ground against us.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
balless lta & tp, only knows how to kappa sinkie losers
cunt even catch up or stop any amtk cyclists nor even dare to summon them !!!
TP don’t identify skin colour. The high SES AMDK cyclists are smart enough not to commit these stupid mistakes in front of TP.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It’s not a matter of looks, it’s aerodynamics.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Their cowardice is always accompanied by their bullying ways. Occupying entire lanes and holding traffic up.
And why are these idiotic cyclists not charged for breaking social distancing rules aka no more than 5 or 6 cyclists in a group?
They are smart enough not to breach the rules. You might have seen what looks like 50 cyclists together but they are not from the same group.