• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sin Ming Female Editor got just 1 day jail for causing 1 injury and 1 death!

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quoted from Shin Min Daily, 17 Apr 2009

Female editor who beat the red light, who was sentenced to 18 months jailed for causing 1 death and 1 injured, won the appeal this morning and her sentence was commuted to 1 day jail and fine of $12,000.

Lim Hong Eng, 56, is the executive editor of Shin Min Daily. On Christmas Eve 2006, at about 3pm, while driving along the junction of Whitley Rd and Dunearn Rd, she beat the red light, and slammed into a motorbike and caused 1 death and 1 injured.

She faced 2 account of charges. The first was dangerous driving, causing the death of 18 year old Indonesian maid, Melania. She was found guilty and was sentenced to 18 months jail and had her driving license revoked for 10 years. Her second charge was for callous behaviour, causing serious injury to 70 year old David Jemaiah. She was sentenced to 6 months jailed. The sentences will be conducted concurently, with her facing a jail term of 18 months.

The Defence Counsel, S Subha argued that Lim did not purposely beat the red lights, but "she saw the wrong traffic light" (this is technical, i dare not translate this directly.), so she is not driving dangerously.

High Court Judge, Zhu Hande said that in the Session Court, the prosecution and the judge concurred that Lim did not purposely beat the red light. A witness testified that Lim was driving at constant speed when she was beating the red lights.

Therefore, Judge Zhu decided that Lim was careless and not reckless, therefore not suitable for long term jail. He thus changed the first charge from 18 month jail to 1 day, fine of $10,000 and revoke license for 10 years. For the second charge, the charges was changed to Dangerous Driving, fine of $2000.

Lim was very nervous during the judgement being passed and heave a big sigh of relief hearing the judgement. She inform her lawyer that she can pay off the fine today.

However, in the afternoon, Judge Zhu discovered that for the first account of charge, it cannot be fined. He will pass the judgement later.

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very good example of our courtroom's double standards!

After causing 1 injury and 1 death just got sentenced 1 day jail and $12k fine...

There is no justice sia here!

FUCK ALL PAPS AND THEIR EAT SHIT DOGS!!!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on the judge. The last time when the CEO of the green cab punched someone in a car accident, the judge said that he can understand how the CEO felt during the accident. I have always thought that resorting to violence is wrong, but that ruling seems to puzzle me as well.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quoted from Shin Min Daily, 17 Apr 2009

Female editor who beat the red light, who was sentenced to 18 months jailed for causing 1 death and 1 injured, won the appeal this morning and her sentence was commuted to 1 day jail and fine of $12,000.

Lim Hong Eng, 56, is the executive editor of Shin Min Daily.

KangarooCourt.gif

"Silence!!!"

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 18 years old maid is not elite, knock down a dozen also ok for the elite.

if it was a MP, i think even a little scratch, will land her at least 2 years of jail.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on the judge. The last time when the CEO of the green cab punched someone in a car accident, the judge said that he can understand how the CEO felt during the accident. I have always thought that resorting to violence is wrong, but that ruling seems to puzzle me as well.

That was Silvercab lah !

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think this piece of news is not covered in Sin Min... they want to quickly sweep in under the carpet.

If this is not an offence or not an serious offence, why revoke the license for 10 yrs ??

even LEE MING SOON only get 3 years , right ??
And he got 2-3 months jail, plus 3 yrs, but this lady for 1 day jail plus 10 yrs revoke licence. Seriously ...I dont under what is the logic

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Defence Counsel, S Subha argued that Lim did not purposely beat the red lights, but "she saw the wrong traffic light" (this is technical, i dare not translate this directly.), so she is not driving dangerously.

WTF!!! So who's fault is this? If it's not Lim's fault for not carefully keep a look out for the correct traffic light, then it's the farking LTA's fault for improper placing of traffic lights that can easily confuse drivers, and hence cause accidents to happen.

High Court Judge, Zhu Hande said that in the Session Court, the prosecution and the judge concurred that Lim did not purposely beat the red light. A witness testified that Lim was driving at constant speed when she was beating the red lights.

What the heck! Just because the car is at constant speed, that means Lim did not "intentionally" want to beat the traffic light??? What screwed up judgement is this?

However, in the afternoon, Judge Zhu discovered that for the first account of charge, it cannot be fined. He will pass the judgement later.

Another screwed up judge. Doesn't Judge Zhu suppose to know what sentence can be handed out and what cannot? Need to do a U-turn? Looks like this Judge is sleeping on his job. Found out his error only after he passed the sentence.

Last edited:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drivers are susposed to slow down when approaching a traffic light junction...

So the excuse of driving at a constant speed should actually work against her defense... not strengthen it...

Fucking stupid logic this Judge Pig has displayed!

Disgust!!!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
shes a fcuking media dog aka PAP mouthpiece.

Dogs got special treatments thats why.

So hard to understand?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't anyone here realize that as long as you hold a certain status in Singapore, your punishment is definitely much lower. For instance, the owner of CK Tang.....

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF!!! So who's fault is this? If it's not Lim's fault for not carefully keep a look out for the correct traffic light, then it's the farking LTA's fault for improper placing of traffic lights that can easily confuse drivers, and hence cause accidents to happen.

What the heck! Just because the car is at constant speed, that means Lim did not "intentionally" want to beat the traffic light??? What screwed up judgement is this?

Another screwed up judge. Doesn't Judge Zhu suppose to know what sentence can be handed out and what cannot? Need to do a U-turn? Looks like this Judge is sleeping on his job. Found out his error only after he passed the sentence.

devil wee-in-tin

i think you shld stick to cut and paste since you obviously cannot hold an intelligent message together... driving dangerously is different from driving carelessly and driving recklessly.... i suggest you improve your comprehension before you try to move out of your usual cut-and-paste other's writings in the fourm...thank you :smile:

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is way i said there is no justice at all

Kill a person get 1 day jail

Threaten 1 MP gets 6 mths jail????

What kind of justice is this???

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Lim was very nervous during the judgement being passed and heave a big sigh of relief hearing the judgement. She inform her lawyer that she can pay off the fine today."

And see what 2k means to her... pocket change.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
devil wee-in-tin

i think you shld stick to cut and paste since you obviously cannot hold an intelligent message together... driving dangerously is different from driving carelessly and driving recklessly.... i suggest you improve your comprehension before you try to move out of your usual cut-and-paste other's writings in the fourm...thank you :smile:

Uncle Devil see that your prostitute mother got no business, right? Never mind lah, since you come begging for Uncle Devil's attention, Uncle Devil will do you a favour and fuck your prostitute mother, ok? I will guarantee that your mother will scream like a pig... LOL!!!!....