• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SimpLe DIY sio-bak from home ( Roast meat )..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forget about paying top $ for that coupLe of miserabLe sLiced roasted meat anymore ! ..my good
chef kaki taught me the how-to for just a few of cans of Anchor beers ..:wink:
Wonder why wouLd some peopLe pay premium $ for some crappy receipes ..:cool:

siobak1.jpg

siobak2.jpg

siobak3.jpg

siobak4.jpg

ShaLL post the steps/receipes if any bros are interested..:wink:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wow! looks delicious.

J.A. Henckels! great knife. I am using one myself, the twin pollux.

i have a set of them for years bro, they are reaLLy a great kitchen heLp..but sadLy there are aLso some Made-in-China fakes . :(

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Fish you no scare your heart arteries get blocked argh?

You may not have the privilege to pay just 8 bucks leh.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah Fish you no scare your heart arteries get blocked argh?

You may not have the privilege to pay just 8 bucks leh.

Enjoy whiLe you may, dont think 3 think 4..our destinity is decided by Someone up there .:smile:

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks delicious but look at the amount of salt and fats. Well I eat it anyway though I've seen how it's cooked. But I restrict roast pork rice to once a week. I always order a mix of brown roast pork and red roast pork (char siew) for a mix of saltish and sweet. Ask for more cucumber to cushion the heavy taste. I'm into some healthy eating stuff but not full diet of healthy food everyday.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in same boat. After a short stint on strict healthy diet reverted to a more "balanced diet" and exercises. Also every 6 months go for test and the report has a whole slew of markers and the bands that you have to be within. No issue with doctor. So now wallop a good meal every now and then. Also fish addresand vegetables mainly.

Doctor unfortunately cannot address the Papititis and told me to lie low and massive heart attack.

Looks delicious but look at the amount of salt and fats. Well I eat it anyway though I've seen how it's cooked. But I restrict roast pork rice to once a week. I always order a mix of brown roast pork and red roast pork (char siew) for a mix of saltish and sweet. Ask for more cucumber to cushion the heavy taste. I'm into some healthy eating stuff but not full diet of healthy food everyday.

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi there, why must you put the meat together with that chopper?Is it to show the size of that meat?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry guys if i had kept you waiting.Everything wouLd be based on the pics.What you need is :
1. A packet of common course saLt.(those 30cts ones)
2. A packet of cinnamon powder.(aga 50gms type)
3. 2 kg of LocaL pork beLLy.(dont use air-pork,cos the after-porky smeLL)
Method:
1. Make incisions about 1/2 inch deep x 1 inch spacings on the skin-side up.
2. Rub with generous of white vinegar to penetrate.
3. FLip over and rub the meat side with a good grade of Light sauce(i used Tai Hwa brand)
4. FoLLow by rubbing an adequate amount of cinnamon powder on it.
5. Turnover to the skin-side.SprinkLe the course saLt over the entire sLab, about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Pat the saLts tight with a LadLe or other suitabLe utensiL.
7. Rest them for 10mins.Preheat your oven to 300deg c
8. Now sLide your beLLy sLab in, skin-side up; taking care not to break the saLted Layers.
9. GriLL for approx 45mins or tiLL you see that the saLts are turning brown and crusty.
10. Remove the sLab.Scrap and discard aLL the browned saLt.
11. Stuff the sLab in for another 20mins or so, tiLL you see the pimpLes start popping up on the skin.
12. Remove the sio-bak.Let it air and cooL before sLicing them.

VoiLa ! here comes your 1st piece of DIY Roast meat ..:smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[SUB][/SUB]
11. Stuff the sLab in for another 20mins or so, tiLL you see the pimpLes start popping up on the skin.
12. Remove the sio-bak.Let it air and cooL before sLicing them.

VoiLa ! here comes your 1st piece of DIY Roast meat ..:smile:

if u want more "pimples" to form on the skin, u would have to pierce the big pimples with a sharp object as u grill. by doing so, the skin will bubble more evenly then will be more crispy. That is according to a old school ipoh roast pork seller who still use a charcoal oven i saw on axian food adventure.:smile: