• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simi lanjiao meaning is – sinkapore most expensive for expat but not for sinkies?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cb sinkie, dun understand then don't read. Simple thing cannot comprehend, knn fuck back to your thai thread lah:oIo::mad::biggrin:

Nah beh chao ahneh you damn lucky, limpeh good mood just come back from Poseidon. By the way sinkies feel home expensive can come to LOS stretch your dollar.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah beh chao ahneh you damn lucky, limpeh good mood just come back from Poseidon. By the way sinkies feel home expensive can come to LOS stretch your dollar.

Stretch Lanjiao say stretch Lanjiao lah! Stretch dollar? :oIo:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meaning there is a group of elite class who can afford to live life here in opulence, while the rest live or chose to live like Ethopian.

1920036_732861273413529_1692705977_n.jpg

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheaper becoz dey factor in 2 yrs of ur life...chiu eat cook hse n wear lumber 4...all foc...:biggrin::biggrin:

dats all paid wif ur tax n ur mama/papa/sugar daddies tax money. nothing is free. each meal in cookhse costed us 14 dollah each per meal!!!! mcdonalds is cheaper loh!!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg is actually very cheap if you follow what banglas and pinoys do on their day off, especially setting up tent in east coast fark, oops sorry...park, have picnic there with nuts and soursop juice, and rent out tent to couples in heat when you're strolling on the beach. :p

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are implying that FT's should have expectations of higher standard of living than Sinkie slaves, thus their costs will be higher.

But Sinkies have a privilege. They can serve NS. Song boh?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprise Joetys is asking this question i thought he is based overseas. Expats are usually paid in their home currency. e.g. someone from the US is usually paid in US dollars if he is on expat package. If SGD raise against USD the guy basically gets a pay cut

DannyLumSSC

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprise Joetys is asking this question i thought he is based overseas. Expats are usually paid in their home currency. e.g. someone from the US is usually paid in US dollars if he is on expat package. If SGD raise against USD the guy basically gets a pay cut

Pap selective use of data again. Data manipulation. Their tried and tested trick.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes read the headline I really cannot understand. Does it mean that sinkies are fucking rich???

Ok when you read the content it make a bit more sense but then why such headline? Give readers a hard-on or what?

Singapore is priciest city for expats but only 60th most expensive for locals: survey
Published on Mar 28, 2014, 5:09 PM
By Chia Yan Min

The high cost of living for expatriates here relative to other cities is due mainly to Singapore's strong currency, according to a study released on Friday.

While Singapore is the most expensive among 109 cities for expats, it ranks 60th on the list when the cost of living for only locals is measured, based on a survey by the Asian Competitiveness Institute.

The think tank, part of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, releases an annual cost of living index which distinguishes between living costs for expats and those for average residents.

The Singapore dollar, which appreciated 25 per cent between 2005 and 2012, bumped up the cost of living here for expats, whose are usually paid in foreign currencies.

If the exchange rate had held steady at 2005 levels, Singapore would be the 16th most expensive city for expats, the study showed.

The headline indicates that the govt bodies is too used to insult sinkies intelligence. Well, in the first place, they dun have any.

jw5

Loyal
As usual, your posts are based on your limited theoretical knowledge.

These days, there are lots of expats who get a large portion of their salary in the form of local draw, in some cases, even all of it, which means local currency.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As usual, your posts are based on your limited theoretical knowledge.

These days, there are lots of expats who get a large portion of their salary in the form of local draw, in some cases, even all of it, which means local currency.

When Singapore is referred to as "expensive" it not from the viewpoint of the expat concerned as he has to be compensated accordingly. The expense burden is borne his parent US company measured in USD.

Take a Singapore company as reference it would cost a local company far more to station a manager in Sweden for 2 years than it would to send one to work in Cambodia. However, to the Swedes who earn their salaries in local currency, this sort of comparison means nothing.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... expat concerned as he has to be compensated accordingly. The expense burden is borne his parent US company measured in USD.
Seen expat contracts with forex clause (vs home currency). For example, if variance is -5 to -10%, cause for either review or made good. Outside the perks paid for locally. Talk about being sheltered.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Seen expat contracts with forex clause (vs home currency). For example, if variance is -5 to -10%, cause for either review or made good. Outside the perks paid for locally. Talk about being sheltered.

There are all sorts of expat contracts. When I was sent to the USA for 2 years, the company continued to pay my SGD salary into my SG bank account but all my expenses were paid for... ie car, domestic air fares, accommodation and a per diem allowance of USD55.

It cost the company a huge amount when measured in SGD because the exchange rate at the time was 2.3.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow... the spin from the pappies is becoming more...desperate?

Expenditure in Singapore is done with Singapore dollars, salary received is in Singapore dollars, doesn't matter if it's a local or expat, so why the hell would you factor in currency when measuring living costs?

Fucked up Old Bastard's think-tank trying to hoodwink the gullible again. :rolleyes:

Anyone seen the details of their fucking report?
We all know the PAP fucking lie and lie. We need to see the fucking extent they lie and contort evidence to support their fucking lies.

Let us see the names behind that ACI report. Those will be the people all prepared to lie to us and fuck us at the orders of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY and PAP and paid big bucks to join them
in the screwing of singaporeans

They must join the dance of collaborators under lamp posts when the time come which will be soon as LKY is going to be a fucking rotting corpse in days or weeks.