• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sighted at Pierce reservoir

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
620779_396040850465314_1477121960_o.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder if they can be churned into soup kambing ?..:smile:

Years ago, I marinated some venison (from deers which my friends hunted in Northern Ontario) overnight (garlic, onions, spices, olive oil and lemon juice), and I roasted it over an open pit fire.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Years ago, I marinated some venison (from deers which my friends hunted in Northern Ontario) overnight (garlic, onions, spices, olive oil and lemon juice), and I roasted it over an open pit fire.
How was it ?..but i guessed you need to tenderise the meats' as weLL; they couLd be quite chewy.:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's nice. I was lucky to get some moose from my neighbour's brother who hunts in Northen Ontario. I grilled it like a normal steak with only salt and pepper and was surprised it tasted very good, and tender too! He told me he'd make some moose sausage the next time he got another. Personally, I can't wait. It is not often a treat like this comes along.

Cheers!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's nice. I was lucky to get some moose from my neighbour's brother who hunts in Northen Ontario. I grilled it like a normal steak with only salt and pepper and was surprised it tasted very good, and tender too! He told me he'd make some moose sausage the next time he got another. Personally, I can't wait. It is not often a treat like this comes along.

Cheers!

Venison and moose are very lean, and has a "wild" taste.
I prefer venison to moose.
My friend's guests liked the venicson which we roasted.
They continue to go hunting for deers and moose every fall.
They own more than 1,000 acres in Northern Ontario, so they have lots of hunting ground for deers.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sop Rusa boleh but maybe a bit too heaty for me, lidat i chope the one on the right with the antlers/horns, make deer horn remedy! :biggrin:

Which reminds me of the Rhino anti-heatiness water that they seLL in MedicaL HaLLs..:wink:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

In Helsinki, I had moose, reindeer and elk in steak form, in quiche form, and in sausage form. It is traditional Lapp cuisine and it is not bad, if you like that sort of thing.

In Stockholm's old town Gamla stan, there is a traditional Lapp restaurant serving these wild meat too. Beats having fermented herring, salmon and pig blood sausage/pudding every meal (but actually I enjoyed those too).

In Rome, I had wild boar pasta and innards in gravy. You can find it in one of the Italian restaurants in Singapore. I forgot the name, PM me and I'll ask my wife.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
How was it ?..but i guessed you need to tenderise the meats' as weLL; they couLd be quite chewy.:wink:

if it's fresh like within 12 - 24hrs it'll be tender, just grill or pan fry it & let it rest about 5mins for the meat to relax & you'll find it tender enough to chew, if not you need to hang it up for about 20 - 30 days for the enzymes to naturally tenderise the meat but you need to gut it first or it'll stink the rest of the meat on the carcass, any leftover internal organs not gutted or removed, you'll have to wait for the maggots to cleared it out for you but if left too long, the maggots might start to eat the meat, you don't want that. What you want is basically to open the cavity & let all the maggots fall out & there's no soft internal organs left behind, just the well hung dark meat.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Stockholm's old town Gamla stan, there is a traditional Lapp restaurant serving these wild meat too. Beats having fermented herring, salmon and pig blood sausage/pudding every meal (but actually I enjoyed those too).

you tried their kiam herr? that one i smell one time nearly pengsan!

In Rome, I had wild boar pasta and innards in gravy. You can find it in one of the Italian restaurants in Singapore. I forgot the name, PM me and I'll ask my wife.

Pappardelle al Ragu Di Cinghiale, it's a winter dish from the north of Italia, buonissima with a glass of Barolo, not everyday can eat this in Singapore, quite heaty!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if it's fresh like within 12 - 24hrs it'll be tender, just grill or pan fry it & let it rest about 5mins for the meat to relax & you'll find it tender enough to chew, if not you need to hang it up for about 20 - 30 days for the enzymes to naturally tenderise the meat but you need to gut it first or it'll stink the rest of the meat on the carcass, any leftover internal organs not gutted or removed, you'll have to wait for the maggots to cleared it out for you but if left too long, the maggots might start to eat the meat, you don't want that. What you want is basically to open the cavity & let all the maggots fall out & there's no soft internal organs left behind, just the well hung dark meat.

Wow, bro; you seems Like a Demi-God in cuLinary know-hows..:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Venison and moose are very lean, and has a "wild" taste.
I prefer venison to moose.
My friend's guests liked the venicson which we roasted.
They continue to go hunting for deers and moose every fall.
They own more than 1,000 acres in Northern Ontario, so they have lots of hunting ground for deers.

I'm unable to compare the two, the only time I had venison was chinese style stir fry, and the taste was overcome by spices and seasoning. Yeah, my neighbour's bro is a hunter and from his stories, I don't think I want to join in the hunt -during winter, dressed in camouflage sitting in the forest, sometimes for days at a time. I've gone ice-fishing with them, and that was a different fun - arrive at the frozen lake early in the morning, get stoned and wasted, set up the fishing hut, get warm inside next to a propane heater, get more stoned, some of his buddies arrive in snowmbiles, then we go ride them, come back, smoke more dope, and totally forget about fishing at all and end up in a go-go girlie bar before we call it a nite. Once a year, we do this routine. This is in the Muskoka Lake region, their parents have some land there and his kids are lucky; at 11 years old, his son modifies his BB gun and we shoot beer cans - I'm a pretty good shot at this.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Helsinki, I had moose, reindeer and elk in steak form, in quiche form, and in sausage form. It is traditional Lapp cuisine and it is not bad, if you like that sort of thing.

Better warn Santa not to come into this town with his reindeer. He'll have to walk or piggy back on his elves out!

Cheers!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, bro; you seems Like a Demi-God in cuLinary know-hows..:wink:

when i was a kid i always hear people say this uncle always "steal eat", i look at that very glamourous uncle & thought to myself, one day when i grow up i want to be just like him, he very steady one, fast forward many years later i'm now that uncle.. but unfortunately when i was young, nobody told me the real meaning of "steal eat", i just thought he was very hungry! Me as a Demi-God - No, i'm just hungry! :wink:

Barramundi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great shot! Wonder if they will be allowed to breed and proliferate. Then we may have a deer park and then there will be bears n then ..... Damn too much free Nat Geo.

Last edited:

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beautiful shot!

Unfortunately this being Singapore, very soon idiots will start calling for them to be culled in case they wonder into Bishan Park and hurt their precious boy boy and girl girl!