• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siao liao. 837 cases liao. Going towards 1000

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on who you ask. Since you ask me, I will tell you. We are speaking at different levels, so you must understand my perception of things may be a little different from the average man on the street.

As a business owner, I employ both Sinkees and FTs. Although I understand the anger towards FTs for taking jobs that Sinkees feel they are "entitled" to, I will tell you now that FTs have better work attitudes and their skill sets are much higher than Sinkees. I have less problems with my FT workers than my local ones. So if you are an employer, won't you employ someone who is better, cheaper and gives less problems? If Sinkees want good jobs and better pay, they will need to show that they are more capable and better at what they do. That sucks to hear I know, but that's life. No one is "entitled" to anything.

As to whether FTs create good jobs for Sinkees? I think they do. Again not from your level of thinking ah.... The work that the FTs do for me has generated more jobs for the industry as a whole with many locals using what they do to enrich themselves greatly. So whether FTs have created good jobs for Sinkees is a question that Sinkees need to ask themselves at a personal level - How creative and resurceful do I need to be in order to take advantage of opportunities that come their way. But I think, that is hard for you to understand at your level...

GST helping the poor? That one is beyond me. My GST is given to the gahment. They use it as an "income" to run the country and to fund programmes that help the poor or the unfortunate. Whether they do so or not, that's not for me to say. But from what I see, I think unfortunate Sinkees are a lot better off than their counterparts in neighbouring countries. So they must be doing something right I think... :rolleyes:
Question:

If the FTs are soooooo good, why aren't you hiring them to work in their home country? Don't tell me business owners and faceless corporations are feeling charitable? Or u like drink our NEWater. :rolleyes:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question:

If the FTs are soooooo good, why aren't you hiring them to work in their home country? Don't tell me business owners and faceless corporations are feeling charitable? Or u like drink our NEWater. :rolleyes:
Hello! You asked me a question and then when I answered you politely, you replied by mocking me. Your mother sure didn't do a good job of bringing you up the right way. You have a problem with talking to others with courtesy?

Fark off far away and stop asking me anything!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hello! You asked me a question and then when I answered you politely, you replied by mocking me. Your mother sure didn't do a good job of bringing you up the right way. You have a problem with talking to others with courtesy?

This guy said before liao that he purposely tries his best to be offensive.

Tries very hard. I think got some insecurities thats why lah.

Otherwise he is ok one. Just ignore those try very hard to insult you words like call you stupid bodoh greedy dumb etc. Will be ok. If you react you give him the intended response he wants to illicit. So he will do more.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Otherwise he is ok one. Just ignore those try very hard to insult you words like call you stupid bodoh greedy dumb etc. Will be ok. If you react you give him the intended response he wants to illicit. So he will do more.

He's not 4 x board certified so he has no right of reply whatsoever.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

This not call mock. I merely point out a flaw in your reasoning. Why so defensive? Guilty as charged am I rite? :rolleyes:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

In secure? May be. I call this Socratic discourse, with spice. :cool:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
latest Alberta numbers. Looks like our new cases numbers are trending down. And also the R value is below 1. 225 in ICU. 30 new deaths reported (probably over the whole weekend)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...covid-19-over-3-days-30-more-deaths-1.6215616

981 people in hospital with COVID-19, including 225 people in ICU​

CBC News · Posted: Oct 18, 2021 4:36 PM MT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

vaccine-walk-ins.jpg

About 86 per cent of Alberta's eligible population has had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. (Robert Short/CBC)
comments
Alberta reported 2,181 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, combining test results from the previous three days.
Another 30 COVID-related deaths were also announced, bringing the province's total to 2,976 since the pandemic started. Three of the deaths were from September but most occurred since Friday.
The province's daily new cases, positivity rate, active cases and hospitalizations are all declining.
The new cases were detected from Friday to Monday:
Oct. 15: 783 new cases (6.92 per cent positivity rate)
Oct. 16: 791 new cases (6.98 per cent positivity rate)
Oct. 17: 607 new cases (8.51 per cent positivity rate)
There are 981 people being treated in hospital with COVID-19, including 225 people in intensive care beds. Of those in hospital currently, 698 are unvaccinated, 54 are partially vaccinated and 229 are fully vaccinated.
Active cases of COVID-19 dropped by 676 from Friday's update. There are now 12,302 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Here's how they break down regionally:
  • Calgary zone: 3,104
  • Edmonton zone: 2,913
  • North zone: 2,576
  • Central zone: 2,393
  • South zone: 1,300
  • Unknown: 16
The latest R-value info for the province shows transmission is slowing, as the Alberta is reporting a number below 1.
The R-value is the average number of COVID-19 infections transmitted by each diagnosed case. For October 11-17, the provincewide R-value was 0.85 (confidence interval of 0.83-0.88). In Calgary, the R-value was 0.88 (0.84-0.93), in Edmonton 0.85 (0.80-0.90), and in the rest of Alberta it was 0.84 (0.81-0.87).
The provincial R-value for Sept. 27 to Oct. 3 was 0.92.
As of the province's latest update, about 86 per cent of the province's eligible population has had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while 77.4 have had two. According to the CBC's vaccine tracker, the national average for at least one dose is 88.1 per cent.
About 65.8 per cent of Alberta's total population has had both doses of vaccine.
So far, 6,350,131 doses of vaccine have been administered in Alberta.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fake India are waiting for you to open borders and drop a big Curry D virus to you and then return home.... then watch you drop dead like flies... no happy ending...

Indians are Welcome to take my breath away...