• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA asks pilots to volunteer for unpaid leave

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traditionally, from inception until today, MOST of the SQ cabin crews have been non-Singaporean.

And I guess you get upgraded more frequently flying those other airlines because they tend to be less crowded. I have personally NEVER been upgraded flying SQ but many times on NWA. NWA is dead now. And I still prefer flying SQ, if I can afford it.

As to the pilots taking no pay leave, it is better than retrenchment. Demand and supply is a fact of doing business. SQ is still doing better than many other airlines. Ask Qantas. JAL just came out of restructuring.

Sad to say SQ has lost what was the best thing about the experience -the quality of their crew. At one time crew were proud to represent SQ. Now you see so many of them with frozen expressions and dead eyes. As though they would rather be elsewhere. A sure sign of poor morale. To save money they recruit non-Singaporeans. These people can never bear your flag with pride. And yet their fares are bloody expensive. Worse still they charge Singaporeans more. This is symptomatic of Singapore. Squeeze locals, welcome foreigners. Plus they are stingy. As a Elite Gold member of many years I have been upgraded just twice. My United airlines 1K friend gets upgraded often. They do not know how to build loyalty. Will fly ME or Jap airlines for a year until SQ improves.

SongBoh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That means SIA can and still be lumpar 1 if not for all the useless mgt in their midst,,what happen to when LKY say that SIA is establish strictly as a commercial entity and the gahmen will not bail them out if it screws up? LKY is still in parliament so he does not stand by what he say?

In this case, it is SIA bailing the cronies out!! Lot of CBLs like those ex-paper generals being parachuted in.

Standard dropping like kana sai. Flying SQ these days are really buay song.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flying sq defies logic, cant see how anyone/orgn can justify a dq tix altho i know many sg based companies use SQ.

Its a legacy decision that means the coy has not woken up to new realities.

I gave up sq status and either use EK for europe flights or ua or any others for other flights, sq no way.

heck, even garuda has a far better product nw cos they try to please the ones who are impt - the customer

any scholar/ saf paper general parachuted into sq recently?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traditionally, from inception until today, MOST of the SQ cabin crews have been non-Singaporean.

And I guess you get upgraded more frequently flying those other airlines because they tend to be less crowded. I have personally NEVER been upgraded flying SQ but many times on NWA. NWA is dead now. And I still prefer flying SQ, if I can afford it.

As to the pilots taking no pay leave, it is better than retrenchment. Demand and supply is a fact of doing business. SQ is still doing better than many other airlines. Ask Qantas. JAL just came out of restructuring.

Given that SQ and MAS are splinters from MAS (malaysia spore airlines). Most of the foreigners were mostly malaysian at first. Not too different and arguably better at service than the natives.
Not saying foreigners are not good. The japs in sq are fantastic compared to others. But I believe the japs are exuding jap national pride to show how good they can be. They are not doing it for sg.

Qantas is hardly a high hurdle to cross for comparisons. Yes SQ is still very good but a far cry from yesterday.