• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should MPs have to resign over adultery?

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok.. it is cheating the spouse but it is not a crime..

Secondly I believe there are divorcees in the cabinet (Shanmugan and Lawerence Wong) and their grounds for divorce have not been revealed..

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Weakness in lust would make one prone to corruption. Unless the MP has the guts to openly tell people that he visits FL or is having affair. The more secret one have to hide, the weaker the person is.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Secondly I believe there are divorcees in the cabinet (Shanmugan and Lawerence Wong) and their grounds for divorce have not been revealed..
In my personal,not necessary as we are all sinners,but fucking PAP sets itself such a high standard that it cannot follow,few can follow,and then force WP to enforce this standard just few months back for all voters to see.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If MPs want to play around they should really quit the politically scene. My concern is with the potential abuse of their position.

MPs have alot of power in Spore. People might offer them sex as enticement to win favors: such as contracts, etc. So they must be held to a higher standard of moral behaviour.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not adultery that is the problem here. It is the abuse of power and conflict of interest. For any public office holder who commits adultery, the investigation will need to determine if any pecuniary advantage or favour was handed out without proper due process. The higher up you the go, the more likely it is that you will find some instances of this.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is more than just adultery.

A PAP MP fucked a PA member. That's abuse of power no matter how you try to spin it, and is much more serious than Ng Boon Gay's case.

Even if you have no problems with sexual trysts by married people, in this case it is just downright unprofessional of Michael Palmer.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He has a say in her promotion? If so, what is the difference between this and the sex-for-grade case?

No much, I suppose.