• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Should John Tan Hire Retired Beach Volleyball Player As Personal Fitness Trainer For Mrs Tan And Ms Tan?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1661773570668.png

Name: Ong Wei Yu (@ongweiyu)

Height: 1.65m

Weight: 58kg

Food: I usually eat food that are high in protein as I know I get hungry pretty easily. I’m not cutting at the moment right now and in fact, I'm trying to gain a little bit of weight so that I can build a little bit more muscle. Buff up!

Exercise: I used to focus more on strength, power and core due to volleyball but now I'm on the hypertrophy and core side since I left competitive beach volleyball. A little bit of plyo as well as I don't wanna lose my jump height haha, I worked really hard for it and may come in handy when I play leisure volleyball.

1661773597579.png

You have since retired though.

I’ve already decided that I was going to retire from beach volleyball after this year's SEA games.
Reason why was because I don't see myself being able to cope and train six days a week while doing personal training at the same time.

I figured that if I can't commit 100 per cent to the training, I should leave because I will never be able to meet my own and my coach's expectations. At the same time, I find myself being more interested and invested in my clients’ successes rather than my own.

You used to be cabin crew, what made you decide to switch careers?

I entered Singapore Airlines with the intention to leave after the bond. I knew it was not something that I foresaw myself doing in the long run. It was more of a short-term thing that allows me to enjoy, talk to people from different walks of life, learn about their culture and explore different cities! I really enjoyed myself in SQ but I knew I had to leave to find a career that I see myself doing in the long run.

As for becoming a personal trainer, I think it was a given. I knew I wanted to do something that has got to do with sports since I have been in the field for as long as I can remember, but did not have the courage to actually venture into, until my short stint at Sport Singapore as a production assistant.

I met several fitness personnel and talked to people whom I know who are personal trainers, to find out more about their life and how the job is. I did not just jump into it though. I still had the "maybe try corporate again" and so I did. But I honestly find myself dreading heading to work so that was then I decided that that was it! I am gonna try personal training.

What do you like about being a personal trainer?

What I like about being a PT is that I can make a positive impact on someone else's life through fitness. I have seen and experienced the benefits of being active for XXX number of years and believe that if everyone's exposed to fitness in some ways, they will definitely be able to see the positive outcomes that comes with it.

1661773676174.png

1661773687821.png

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-fitspo-of-the-week-ong-wei-yu-000010354.html

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pleasant looking but no way is she more than a 7.

For 27 yo she looks very old .. maybe caused by overtraining

Her gummy smile is the turn off for me

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being a cabin crew, then a personal trainer….everything she does is so superficial. Need to tap on looks and figure. I give her 5 years max to continue to exploit her assets. And she does look old for a 28 yo.