• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shocking!!! NEA BUYS 26 ah pek looking bikes for 2.2k Each

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: $8 Msian Cow defends NParks $2.2k Bike

Khaw is sidestepping the real issue of the outcry. 'Bicycle' to achive efficency of staff is NOT the issue here, It is the amount paid for a product via a tender process !

Besides any other possible tender process isssues, this tender should be cancelled and void, being only 1 bid was submitted.

Remember the case of sole $1 bid for a hawker store ? What was the basis of denying the bidder his sole and valid bid ?

Any suspicion for this bicycle tender ?

Not at all. Singapore is the most corruption-free cuntry in Asia. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Khaw is sidestepping the real issue of the outcry. 'Bicycle' to achive efficency of staff is NOT the issue here, It is the amount paid for a product via a tender process !

Besides any other possible tender process isssues, this tender should be cancelled and void, being only 1 bid was submitted.

Remember the case of sole $1 bid for a hawker store ? What was the basis of denying the bidder his sole and valid bid ?

My understandings on Gaberment tender, sole tender doesn't mean sure kena. $2.2k each bike for such purposes? NAH!:oIo:
KBW, FUCK YOUR MOTHER PHUA CHEE BYE! :oIo:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
local Brompton licensed reseller ask NPark why they buy from unauthorised reseller?

Yesterday 06:24 PM#1 boheelan
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date</DT><DD>Jun 2012</DD><DT>Posts</DT><DD>14</DD></DL>

[h=2]local Brompton licensed reseller ask NPark why they buy from unauthorised reseller?[/h]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digine...s/114325051949

In response to fervent online forum chatter in reference to the 26 Bromptons ordered by National Parks Board: almost all local bike companies do not follow Gebiz tenders as one would not expect government agencies to want to buy high-end bicycles for group use.

As the commodity indicated in the tender specs: a folding bike with 16 inch wheels is not a common commodity like tissue paper and pens, it would be fair to assume that Procurement/Purchasing would want to seek out the various players in the industry to ask them to consider bidding for their bulk purchase tenders, thus doing their due diligence.

NParks is aware that Diginexx is the authorized distributor that offers the 5-year warranty on the frame and 2-year warranty on parts. If it was really intended for local bike companies to tender for this bulk purchase, NParks would have been able to find through the various bids that there are likely cheaper alternatives to the Brompton and/or be able to receive a competitive price quote from Diginexx so that NParks can buy and save public money in the process.

In this case, no local bike companies was aware of this tender, and there was only one bidder.

And even if NParks had really specifically wanted just the Brompton for their usage, the model in question is a M6L.

A M6L retails at S$2250 per bike at Diginexx which will cover the 5-year frame warranty and 2-year warranty on parts.

In comparison, buying a total of 26 M6L Bromptons at $2200 per bike is unfortunately not a fair deal for NParks especially when the bikes come from a non-authorised reseller, which do not and cannot offer the official five-year frame warranty and two-year parts warranty.

As a result, the issue remains contentious as reflected in many forums such as mycarforum, fuckwarezone and CNA forums.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: local Brompton licensed reseller ask NPark why they buy from unauthorised reselle

The fact that the bid was only won with a $50 difference suggests some insider trading.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Ex-civil servant’s comment on NParks’ $2200 bike purchase[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
July 5th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

brompton.gif
Brompton foldable bike - $2200

I’m an ex-civil servant and I can tell you how this purchasing system works in the civil service. These days, when any Govt depts want to buy things, they’ll put up a tender on GEBIZ. But I ask you, how many SMEs really track GEBIZ especially if you are buying uncommon items like foldable bikes? You don’t expect the shops that sell foldable bikes to go onto GEBIZ everyday to look for tenders, right?
So, there lies the “trick” these civil servants will commonly use. In my past experience, I can tell you guys this. When something is put up for tender, chances are, the civil servant who is doing the purchasing already has the product or company in mind. They would have already pre-checked out the product they want before putting up the tender. And the company will also know when the tender is going up so that they can bid for it. The civil servant, will then hope that the others won’t come in to “spoil” the situation for him. If there are likely a few other vendors coming in, this is another “trick” the civil servant can do – play around with the requirement specs. Put in a feature which likely only the product you want have it and others don’t have. Then during evaluation, rest will be thrown out.
I believe this is exactly what happened to the NPark’s purchase of the $2200 foldable bike. I don’t think the rest of the foldable bike vendors knew about the tender, cause it’s a specialized item. The NPark guy probably didn’t bother to call the rest to bid so that’s why it ended up with only 1 bid – and it’s a top end one. Coincidence?
Ex-Civil Servant
* Comment first appeared in: Khaw: I accept NParks’ explanation of buying $2,200 premier bike

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Penang Cow has never faced an issue head on. Everything is side step. He missed his real professional in life, he should have been a ball room dancer. People tell him medical treatment is too expensive, he also sidestep and say no, I pay $8 only. Totally ignoring the fact that as a minister, he has god knows what benefits.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

[h=2]Ex-civil servant’s comment on NParks’ $2200 bike purchase[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
July 5th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

brompton.gif
Brompton foldable bike - $2200

I’m an ex-civil servant and I can tell you how this purchasing system works in the civil service. These days, when any Govt depts want to buy things, they’ll put up a tender on GEBIZ. But I ask you, how many SMEs really track GEBIZ especially if you are buying uncommon items like foldable bikes? You don’t expect the shops that sell foldable bikes to go onto GEBIZ everyday to look for tenders, right?
So, there lies the “trick” these civil servants will commonly use. In my past experience, I can tell you guys this. When something is put up for tender, chances are, the civil servant who is doing the purchasing already has the product or company in mind. They would have already pre-checked out the product they want before putting up the tender. And the company will also know when the tender is going up so that they can bid for it. The civil servant, will then hope that the others won’t come in to “spoil” the situation for him. If there are likely a few other vendors coming in, this is another “trick” the civil servant can do – play around with the requirement specs. Put in a feature which likely only the product you want have it and others don’t have. Then during evaluation, rest will be thrown out.
I believe this is exactly what happened to the NPark’s purchase of the $2200 foldable bike. I don’t think the rest of the foldable bike vendors knew about the tender, cause it’s a specialized item. The NPark guy probably didn’t bother to call the rest to bid so that’s why it ended up with only 1 bid – and it’s a top end one. Coincidence?
Ex-Civil Servant
* Comment first appeared in: Khaw: I accept NParks’ explanation of buying $2,200 premier bike

I suspected this all along. The only thing this chap did not mention is that the civil servant will not go thru all the process of scouting for a specific bike and bike shop, tailoring the tender so that only this bike shop will win, etc. for free. Either this bike shop belong to a relative or he is getting kickback, in both cases, its corruption.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

We now learn from Diginexx, the authorized distributor of Brompton in Singapore that NParks purchased the bikes from an unauthorized reseller. While there are no procurement rules per se which require government agencies to buy only from authorised distributors, government agencies are required to respect commercial arrangements imposed by the original manufacturer. For example, a government agency cannot buy and install Microsoft Office meant for use in Thailand only and install them in computers in Singapore.

Secondly it would appear that KBW's assertion that approval was given to proceed because the bikes quoted were cheaper might not be factually true. According to Diginexx, the reseller could not offered the warranties that are part of their bike package. Given that the price difference is only $50 and the bikes are expected to be heavily utilized, it would appear that the package offered by Diginexx is more cost effective.

The specs quoted by Diginexx also point to irregularity. Specifying a folding bike is ok. Why however do the tires need to be 16 inches? Is there something wrong if the bike has 15 inch tires or 15 1/2 inch tires? The MOF regulations for ITQ procurement clearly state that such non essential specifications which limit the products offered are not permitted in requirement specifications as such requirements have the effect of biasing the tender or ITQ in favor of specific vendors.

While the amounts are small, there are sufficient irregularities emerging which warrant an investigation. Assuming that KBW was not misled and had all the facts, he should not have dismissed the concerns and made the blog posting that all is in order.

In response to fervent online forum chatter in reference to the 26 Bromptons ordered by National Parks Board: almost all local bike companies do not follow Gebiz tenders as one would not expect government agencies to want to buy high-end bicycles for group use.

As the commodity indicated in the tender specs: a folding bike with 16 inch wheels is not a common commodity like tissue paper and pens, it would be fair to assume that Procurement/Purchasing would want to seek out the various players in the industry to ask them to consider bidding for their bulk purchase tenders, thus doing their due diligence.

NParks is aware that Diginexx is the authorized distributor that offers the 5-year warranty on the frame and 2-year warranty on parts. If it was really intended for local bike companies to tender for this bulk purchase, NParks would have been able to find through the various bids that there are likely cheaper alternatives to the Brompton and/or be able to receive a competitive price quote from Diginexx so that NParks can buy and save public money in the process.

In this case, no local bike companies was aware of this tender, and there was only one bidder.

And even if NParks had really specifically wanted just the Brompton for their usage, the model in question is a M6L.

A M6L retails at S$2250 per bike at Diginexx which will cover the 5-year frame warranty and 2-year warranty on parts.

In comparison, buying a total of 26 M6L Bromptons at $2200 per bike is unfortunately not a fair deal for NParks especially when the bikes come from a non-authorised reseller, which do not and cannot offer the official five-year frame warranty and two-year parts warranty.

As a result, the issue remains contentious as reflected in many forums such as mycarforum, fuckwarezone and CNA forums.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i got a feeling that the person in nParks who did the procuring is a keen cyclist who already had in mind that he/she wanted to buy bromptons...

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another possibility of course is that the vendor that sold the bikes to NParks is a relative/friend/lover of the NParks officer that did the procurement.

i got a feeling that the person in nParks who did the procuring is a keen cyclist who already had in mind that he/she wanted to buy bromptons...

Last edited:

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal

can someone - with the resurces - do an ACRA check on the background of the successful bicycle bidder/supplier ?

seems to me, like another case of crruption, perhaps,.? However, the slow whell of justice - would take another 2, 3 years to bring forth, any so-called, justice.

This is the frustrating aspect of modern life, now. The Powers abve, simply can do whatever they want,... sad :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe the predictions that Spore becoming a failed state will come true:confused:

What we are seeing is the pillaging of millions/billions at the top & petty pillaging going on throughout the system. I wouldn't be surprised if these are just the tip of the iceberg. However they all add up to $$$$$$.... It's no wonder that the PAP keeps increasing the taxes:eek:

It's very hard to see all this $$$ being squandered away while there are Sporeans suffering:( It may be a good thing as it may motivate a desire for change among the 60% No matter how rich the PAP think they are, I don't see how Spore can sustain these high costs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another possibility of course is that the vendor that sold the bikes to NParks is a relative/friend/lover of the NParks officer that did the procurement.

And in the process, someone is shagging/blowing someone else in isolated carparks and on overseas 'business trips'.

If the CPIB wants to dig deep, there's definitely plenty of dirt waiting to be discovered.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Referring to NTUC purchasers?

Bestsourcing lah. preposition phrase missing. For the beneficiary. I only do syntax. You all go do semantics. There is so much of context for semantics with the SGP government.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Khaw Boon Wan is a Buddhist who believes in Karma?

i speak from VERY personal experience. there are Buddhist s who think their money will buy them the best karma ever.
hypocrites in public and shit bags in their personal backyards... but money will save them..... hallelujah

If my familee's actions are so honorable,
no need to get a lawyer to put a gag order on me
so that you can use your millions to keep suing me

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

We now learn from Diginexx, the authorized distributor of Brompton in Singapore that NParks purchased the bikes from an unauthorized reseller. While there are no procurement rules per se which require government agencies to buy only from authorised distributors, government agencies are required to respect commercial arrangements imposed by the original manufacturer. For example, a government agency cannot buy and install Microsoft Office meant for use in Thailand only and install them in computers in Singapore.

Secondly it would appear that KBW's assertion that approval was given to proceed because the bikes quoted were cheaper might not be factually true. According to Diginexx, the reseller could not offered the warranties that are part of their bike package. Given that the price difference is only $50 and the bikes are expected to be heavily utilized, it would appear that the package offered by Diginexx is more cost effective.

The specs quoted by Diginexx also point to irregularity. Specifying a folding bike is ok. Why however do the tires need to be 16 inches? Is there something wrong if the bike has 15 inch tires or 15 1/2 inch tires? The MOF regulations for ITQ procurement clearly state that such non essential specifications which limit the products offered are not permitted in requirement specifications as such requirements have the effect of biasing the tender or ITQ in favor of specific vendors.

While the amounts are small, there are sufficient irregularities emerging which warrant an investigation. Assuming that KBW was not misled and had all the facts, he should not have dismissed the concerns and made the blog posting that all is in order.

See, u and people like u is why I come to this forum. This is where the REAL INVESTIGATIVE journalism is. Not in the Shit Times, those asshole reporters couldn't investigate their own lancheow. This is a good, well written, concise expose on what was wrong with this purchase.