• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shocking!!! NEA BUYS 26 ah pek looking bikes for 2.2k Each

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
7464411300_21a4d833b1.jpg

http://gutteruncensorednewsd.blogspot.sg/2012/06/singaporean-and-expat-serviced-by.html

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was told some NEA employees, those not issued, are jealous because some of those staff brought the bike home. Just like their personal possession.

I hav a Brompton. 2.2k worth it onot...depend on individual...build quality is excellent coz it's hand build in UK. Folded size is best among all folding bike...fold neatly into a small sq block with no protruding parts...great for putting into a car boot...seat post extend and double as handle to push the fold bike around...get a clip on bag n double as a super mart cart...

But moi dun see any of these features necessary for park warden...unless some staff wanna bring it home for personal use...lidat then diff story lah...:biggrin::biggrin:

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wouldn't a mountain bike be more feasible considering it can cover more types of site. If they buy a $220 mountain bike, 1 year throw one away, they can use for 10 years without needing any warranty.

Unless these $2200 bikes are bought for NEA's higher ranking officers who owns a car, drive to sites, and are walking too slow (or lazy to walk) on good beaten paths, I really don't see the point of getting this type of bike. How much productivity can it boost? Does it boost more productivity or more of their ego? Why particularly 16 inch wheels anyway?

What do you think?

Press Here For Answer

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking expensive for bicycles serving such purposes. :oIo: Many years ago when i decided to stop cycling, i sold my carbon frame road bike with Dura-Ace and Ultegra components for about half of what they are paying for each of them.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuckin waste of money.. I bought an Aleoca folding bike for my nephew at Giant supermarket 3 month ago for less than $100.. He has even reached Changi Village with his friends using that bicycle..

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuckin waste of money.. I bought an Aleoca folding bike for my nephew at Giant supermarket 3 month ago for less than $100.. He has even reached Changi Village with his friends using that bicycle..

Yes, there are many cheaper options available for these purposes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know how govt/public sector institutions work.

If you don't spend the money, next time you'll be given less money for your budget.

[video=youtube;N8b3963VRW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8b3963VRW4[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wouldn't a mountain bike be more feasible considering it can cover more types of site. If they buy a $220 mountain bike, 1 year throw one away, they can use for 10 years without needing any warranty.

Unless these $2200 bikes are bought for NEA's higher ranking officers who owns a car, drive to sites, and are walking too slow (or lazy to walk) on good beaten paths, I really don't see the point of getting this type of bike. How much productivity can it boost? Does it boost more productivity or more of their ego? Why particularly 16 inch wheels anyway?

What do you think?

Press Here For Answer

100% agree with you that mountain bike will be more feasible cause it can cover different terrain . it will be better if its electrical mountain bike .

[video=youtube;l-EX2URSoeE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EX2URSoeE&feature=fvsr[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;A4VRhIQPrtg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VRhIQPrtg&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;64KjPxjwQog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64KjPxjwQog&feature=related[/video]

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now must investigate NEA for corruption.
Must check all gov department spending because is tax payer money.
If private company hack care.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time of the year may have played a role here. If FY is ending and you are left with lots to spend, better spend. Coz your budget the following year will be affected if there's a huge surplus the previous FY.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nparks patrol around Pulau Ubin, a while back we saw a member public perched like a monkey on a foldable bike with small wheels trying to balance himself while going downhill. Warn him its too dangerous given the fact lives have been lost before doing that Purchase of unsuitable bikes at high prices is not acceptable in my book.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the fat pampered useless things of NEA, Segway is tested and even used in China. What you think our losers get of bicycle can fight meh? With segway they can a getaway to call police. Cheaper some more. BTW, it is a known fact that the predecessor to NEA had many officers asking for ang pows from hawkers. So you go figure.