• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SHOCKING - Lee Kuan Yew and other PAP heavyweights did not vote for the White Paper

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SHOCKING - Lee Kuan Yew and other PAP heavyweights did not vote for the White Pap

I don't think he was opposing the White Paper for the good of Singaporeans. He was opposing the White Paper because he had seen the empirical studies which showed it would be a tremendous vote loser for the PAP. He was doing it to protect the political dynasty he founded. He was doing it for his grandson who he hopes will become the 5th PM of Singapore.

On the contrary, if not for the FT influx over the past many years the PAPzis would have lost many more seats in GE 2011. This strategy is rock solid. What one should look at is the percentage of votes with or without FT influx within the climate of a growing population and one more inclined towards a more democratic political climate. It is a given that new citizens are an enormous asset in terms of keeping the PAPzis in power. It has worked well and it will continue to do well for them. Hence, they will continue doing so. What they will do now is to increase the number of new citizens and not so much the number of FTs.

So all these new measures announced in the Budget will help them to achieve the desired outcome of continued stay in power. FTs, instead of facing retrenchments will look at taking up citizenship to secure their place at work.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SHOCKING - Lee Kuan Yew and other PAP heavyweights did not vote for the White Pap

Come on lah... Old man on MC, you expect him to work! Maybe he didn't even have the chance to read the white paper yet...

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would not pin the problem of massive foreigner inflow on GCT. During GCT era, the foreigner inflow was tolerable, and possibly beneficial. It was the massive inflow from 2005 to 2012 that made life very tough for sinkies, especially the men who were discriminated against in the private sector due to NS liability.

It is LKY. From start to finish it is his wish. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being silly and deliberately ignorant of facts. Get this into your head. LKY is a dictator, nothing more and nothing less. He may not oversee the minute details but the push certainly began with him and the continued influx is also his baby. TCH has no guts to offend LKY or to do something different from what LKY wants. I don't buy it that this is TCH's baby. He is put in charge because this is an explosive policy and only their kaki will be put in charge to ensure that it receives the required input to achieve the desired output.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have my doubts whether he was really sick. My view is that the recent health scare was a cover for him not voting because he did not support the White Paper. As noted previously, it is too coincidental for so many MPs from Tanjong Pagar GRC to also fail to vote for the White Paper.

Come on lah... Old man on MC, you expect him to work! Maybe he didn't even have the chance to read the white paper yet...

Last edited:

kopikia

Alfrescian
Loyal

not surprising la. lky already early early said he not convinced we need to import many people

one thing u have to admit about lky. he may be a fucker, but he stick to his guns and dares to go against the flow

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ya, the two DPMs and our Defence Minister no power want lah.

The father and son are running the show and calling all the shots ...

dun forget the DIL holding purse strings........likes going shopping for duds

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have my doubts whether he was really sick. My view is that the recent health scare was a cover for him not voting because he did not support the White Paper. As noted previously, it is too coincidental for so many MPs from Tanjong Pagar GRC to also fail to vote for the White Paper.
maybe they finally got some sense of shame since they know they were not elected MPs..........rather walkover MPs....so dare not vote on behalf of the voters in TP GRC

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is LKY. From start to finish it is his wish. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being silly and deliberately ignorant of facts. Get this into your head. LKY is a dictator, nothing more and nothing less. He may not oversee the minute details but the push certainly began with him and the continued influx is also his baby. TCH has no guts to offend LKY or to do something different from what LKY wants. I don't buy it that this is TCH's baby. He is put in charge because this is an explosive policy and only their kaki will be put in charge to ensure that it receives the required input to achieve the desired output.
I have no doubt the FT policy is the baby of old man and his son. What I'm saying is that the FT policy was beneficial if done in moderation. But after LHL took over in 2004, he put it to max overdrive which lead to current set of problems.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe they finally got some sense of shame since they know they were not elected MPs..........rather walkover MPs....so dare not vote on behalf of the voters in TP GRC

but kee chiu voted for the white paper!