• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shitskin motherfucker drop his phone into some hole, asked to pay $400 to retrieve.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
308981592-4935994263169825-3563805339695102254-n.jpg

·

I would like to express one of my grievance that happened on 24th Sep 2022, Saturday at 08:00 PM near the escalator at Bugis MRT station. I was walking to catch my train back home, and unfortunately my phone was accidentally fallen from hand to the floor and it slided and went inside the pillar via a gap which was there at the bottom of pillar (marked it in GREEN in the attached image).

After checking, we got to know that this area and pillar are under the ownership of Duo Tower. And we talked with one of the maintenance guy over there and he tried to help us but couldn’t get the phone. After lot of try I had to leave my phone there and had to come home without phone.

I would say the gaps they left under the pillar is a construction fault. And It’s a public place and they have to make sure it’s secure for public. It’s because of their construction fault the phone went inside the pillar, Otherwise I could have easily picked it up from the floor.

Now the unfair thing is that their management team is asking me SGD 400 labour cost to take my phone back from the bottom of pillar.

I don’t feel that I should pay this big amount to get the phone back , rather it’s there responsibility to give me my phone back as this happened due to their construction fault in a public place. Today luckily this has happened with my phone, But what if tomorrow a kid goes and put in his/her hand inside this gap and if hand get stuck their etc.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Accidents happen. Good design and construction minimise the losses.

If the design has to cater for all incidents, it will cost too much. Only an Ah Neh is so lucky to encounter such a situation. He should thank his Hindu gods and go buy a Made In India new iphone.