• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shenzhen then, Xiongan now.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was an opportunity that few Singaporean recognise back in 2004. All property investments would have more than tripled in value now. Most overseas Chinese investors are from Malaysia and Indonesia. My kopitiam kakis and I are rare sights around Shenzhen Bao'an district 'char chan tengs' (= kopitiams).

Now those Malaysian gangs are moving north to the Xiongan New Area (this is an integrated and co-ordinated development of Beijing and its neighbouring areas of Tianjin and the northern province of Hebei). Another group of Indonesians from Surabaya is leaving this Sunday for the same.

Siglap uncle Alan is organising a similar trip for week (28th May ..), meeting at Feimei Noodle Restaurant (off Fanshen Road, Baoán) tomorrow at 10 am. All brothers and their China sisters welcomed. Self financing and F&E. Jiuhu kias oso OK to join. Already decided: Transport is HSR from Futian Station.

Dun call me. Just turn up.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah, invest in prc properties at your own risk. as usual stupid sinkies kena conned again. all my sillycon valley sinkie high ses buddies who have properties in prc are now regretting. properties have appreciated in value, especially in shanghai, but they can’t take out the profit if they sell. can only take out whatever they paid originally to buy the properties but must prove the amount with documentation. moreover the land lease (not ownership of land) is only 75 years. just too many shenanigans and pitfalls if stupid sinkies invest in prc properties. you’ve been warned.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah, invest in prc properties at your own risk. as usual stupid sinkies kena conned again. all my sillycon valley sinkie high ses buddies who have properties in prc are now regretting. properties have appreciated in value, especially in shanghai, but they can’t take out the profit if they sell. can only take out whatever they paid originally to buy the properties but must prove the amount with documentation. moreover the land lease (not ownership of land) is only 75 years. just too many shenanigans and pitfalls if stupid sinkies invest in prc properties. you’ve been warned.
correction. based on prc property laws, land lease for residential property (officially referred to as land-use right or grant) is not 75 years but lower at 70 years. 1 year before expiration of grant (at 69th year of grant) must apply to renew land-use right with prc gov, specifically the land administration department. otherwise, property is forfeited with no compensation. there’s no automatic renewal for residential property (only for construction land use), and laws may change by 69 years or when application for renewal is up. many smarter tiongs with awareness of this law are selling, packing, and transferring wealth and gains to foreign cuntries via underground channels to buy real freehold properties with land they can truly own.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Invest in Beijing property is a no brainier,it's the most highly demanded in the world,just the domestic demand alone is enough outstrip supply by 10 times......I would definitely invest in Shenzhen too since it's one of China's four top tier cities,despite the numerous reports of the poor construction quality and maintenance.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
... property purchase and ownership in PRC is complex and is best learned on site over time.

The bottom line is money. Many of us, 'kiasi' type, regrettably, have repatriated our original capital and lost out on subsequent opportunities, especially in the early days (16 years ago). Malaysians (notably those old tin mine money from Ipoh, Perak) are big time and doing great. These Cantonese speaking Jiuhu Kias are buying blocks, while sinkies are looking at units. *sigh*. Going forward, there may be issues repatriating sums of over RMB 10 million.

The only assurance is construction quality. Very good; according to one member of our Baoán community. He worked for Lum Chang for 35 years; he told us that many of the condos in Singapore are built by the same construction companies (more importantly, the same skilled workers) we dealt with in PRC. Example: some of our units here in Baoán are built by the same companies also doing Forest City in JB now.

Finally, this forum is a good bulletin board for brothers scattered all over mainland PRC. Thanks Sam.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think japan better. Better food, environment, lifestyle. You do not have to buy in tokyo as its expensive. Even smaller towns and cities are great as their population dwindles.but tourist numbers growing. Can rent via airbnb for good source of income.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think japan better. Better food, environment, lifestyle. You do not have to buy in tokyo as its expensive. Even smaller towns and cities are great as their population dwindles.but tourist numbers growing. Can rent via airbnb for good source of income.
Jap real estate like their stock market has been stagnant for the last twenty eight years.prices have probably not recovered to the 1990 high.