• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shell dumps sinkie. Hope they return bukom into its original pristine swamp with coconut trees for me to play guitar.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Otherwise I will get climate activist shareholders to disrupt their AGM.

Big Oil in transition: Industry faces disruption amid Shell’s review of S’pore business​

20230210808781882613293c-d438-4a07-b5c6-f0e6925907cb.jpg

The “strategic review” announced by Shell has sparked talk the company may sell its plants or decommission them if a suitable buyer cannot be found. PHOTO: ST FILE
ovaissubhani.png

Ovais Subhani
Senior Correspondent
UPDATED

29 JUL 2023, 5:58 AM SGT

FacebookWhatsApp

SINGAPORE – Shell’s decision in June to assess the viability of its plants on Pulau Bukom and Jurong Island says more about the challenges to the global petroleum industry than the future of Asia’s fifth-largest refining hub.
The “strategic review” announced by the London-based energy giant has sparked talk that the company may sell its plants or decommission them if a suitable buyer cannot be found.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
They just recently expanded the oil facilities. Profit margin must be good.
That's not what my insiders tell me. The strong rumour has it that investors in that oil expansion has pulled out. In fact the new plant has been completed but yet to be started to run. They abandoned it because the investors refused to pump in any more money.
And many old plants have been demolished. People retrenched except for the clueless managers who are the real culprits causing all these issues.
Don’t worry ah Tiong CNPC and Sinopec all willing to buy.
Nope. Tiongs know how financially toxic and operationally incompetently run bukom and shell in SG is.
No world class buyer is willing to buy it over. 2nd rate operators have shallow pockets to swallow a plant this big.
The only option is for Temasek to pump in money into Bukom to prevent a collapse, which will optically be very bad for SG as that will start a domino fall all along the supply chains.
Just so you are aware, Temasek money is your money, which will be used for saving a sinking ship.
Say bye bye to your CPF!!!!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not what my insiders tell me. The strong rumour has it that investors in that oil expansion has pulled out. In fact the new plant has been completed but yet to be started to run. They abandoned it because the investors refused to pump in any more money.
And many old plants have been demolished. People retrenched except for the clueless managers who are the real culprits causing all these issues.

Nope. Tiongs know how financially toxic and operationally incompetently run bukom and shell in SG is.
No world class buyer is willing to buy it over. 2nd rate operators have shallow pockets to swallow a plant this big.
The only option is for Temasek to pump in money into Bukom to prevent a collapse, which will optically be very bad for SG as that will start a domino fall all along the supply chains.
Just so you are aware, Temasek money is your money, which will be used for saving a sinking ship.
Say bye bye to your CPF!!!!
Mthks loofy
I hope you are not linked to those bunker boys who skimmed bukom for decades.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mthks loofy
I hope you are not linked to those bunker boys who skimmed bukom for decades.
The story of the bunker boys as told to me is very interesting.
Over the decades prior, there were different teams doing this. Once they had their fill, they left the scene. Then another team moves in and does the same. Over all those years, the incompetent managers had no idea where their oil went.
Yearly stock taking was done and still they couldn't tally up where it all disappeared. They even convened teams to check but still couldn't uncover anything. Imagine the dereliction of duty here! The oil was stolen by the tanker loads!!
While all these was going on, the clueless managers ran the place so inefficiently that since late 1997 they kept losing money. How can you not lose money when you pay at least 7 mth bonuses and endless overtime?
Then at last they had to call in CCD to help investigate. They used drones with night vision and found the culprits at last.
Rumour has it that those transactions were done by cash. The amounts were up to millions and some say a little of that money is stashed in some nook and cranny on the island to be retrieved bit by bit later.
Also the masterminds having problems laundering the money offered their friends, family, colleagues hundreds of thousands to hold on to the money!
The masterminds even had the audacity to change their luxury merc, bmw, jaguar, Volvo etc on a quarterly basis. Kind of stupid if you ask me. But that's how the story went.
Bottom line is, lazy, clueless, incompetent, uninquisitive overpaid manager destroying a perfectly good factory.
My friend is so angry that he says, ExxonMobil just on the next island has zero of such problems and makes multiple billions in profits yearly.
Yes, managers makes a huge difference. I guess if somebody comes to your company applying for a job with a background of being a manager in shell, better kindly reject him. You will be doing you company a favour.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've said long time ago to turn Jurong Island into another resort island for the high SES folks. And I despise the anti-carbon cult and their baseless propaganda that CO2 is bad and evil. :rolleyes:

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over the decades prior, there were different teams doing this. Once they had their fill, they left the scene. Then another team moves in and does the same. Over all those years, the incompetent managers had no idea where their oil went.
Yearly stock taking was done and still they couldn't tally up where it all disappeared. They even convened teams to check but still couldn't uncover anything. Imagine the dereliction of duty here! The oil was stolen by the tanker loads!!
While all these was going on, the clueless managers ran the place so inefficiently that since late 1997 they kept losing money. How can you not lose money when you pay at least 7 mth bonuses and endless overtime?
Then at last they had to call in CCD to help investigate. They used drones with night vision and found the culprits at last.
Rumour has it that those transactions were done by cash. The amounts were up to millions and some say a little of that money is stashed in some nook and cranny on the island to be retrieved bit by bit later.
Also the masterminds having problems laundering the money offered their friends, family, colleagues hundreds of thousands to hold on to the money!
The masterminds even had the audacity to change their luxury merc, bmw, jaguar, Volvo etc on a quarterly basis. Kind of stupid if you ask me. But that's how the story went.
Bottom line is, lazy, clueless, incompetent, uninquisitive overpaid manager destroying a perfectly good factory.
My friend is so angry that he says, ExxonMobil just on the next island has zero of such problems and makes multiple billions in profits yearly.
Yes, managers makes a huge difference. I guess if somebody comes to your company applying for a job with a background of being a manager in shell, better kindly reject him. You will be doing you company a favour.
..Yes,
It is beyond belief that tanker-loads of fuel may have been "mis-calculated"
If such realities is made known to the Public, it would totally embarass SG.
Since the early Days, Hin Leong already had a "Grey" Reputation
No One dares to reveal the tactics, methods used.

Late Tong Djoe - was also believed to have shipped more tanker-loads of oil than actually declared., True or False ?

How did Champions such as the late Peter Fu make so much $$$ ?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
..Yes,
It is beyond belief that tanker-loads of fuel may have been "mis-calculated"
If such realities is made known to the Public, it would totally embarass SG.
Since the early Days, Hin Leong already had a "Grey" Reputation
No One dares to reveal the tactics, methods used.

Late Tong Djoe - was also believed to have shipped more tanker-loads of oil than actually declared., True or False ?

How did Champions such as the late Peter Fu make so much $$$ ?
Thanks to shell they created many sinkie millionaires. How come the workers who help pilfered the oil products did not make so much?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that those individuals were not acting prudently, by changing luxury cars often. Any review of net assets compared to declared income will reveal something unusual.
And most of us believe that Singapore has no or minimal corruption.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that those individuals were not acting prudently, by changing luxury cars often. Any review of net assets compared to declared income will reveal something unusual.
Corruption is legalised by rebranding it as brokerage, finders fee, commission, agency fees.....no question asked.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohhh the stories my buddies told me about how deep the corruption went in bukom would make bestsellers. Eg

In the 80s, Bukom was building this new processing plant call Hydrogen Cracking. A huge investment project worth of hundreds of millions dollars, which in today's terms would be in billions.
The main tower was huge. Imagine a thick steel cylinder 2 inches thick with a diameter of 8 meters and will rise up to just below 50 meters high. It will contain some of the highest pressures ever seen in Singapore with dangerous petroleum products at more than 500⁰C inside. Can you imagine the weight of that.
Anyway, they put it on top of a concrete foundation, with piling that are supposed to go down to the bedrock deep in the earth. The project was almost completing when they found out the foundation was substandard, akin to like China condo concrete that easily crumble. If that thing has crumbled, Spyros would look like kids play.
They had to hush hush and rebuild the whole thing. Now how much was pocketed by those working in that project? Your guess is as good as mine.
Funny thing is, LKY refuse to prosecute anyone for corruption in that case.
The island is a total shithole.
Hopefully my buddies tell me more stories this hari raya. I'm fascinated.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohhh the stories my buddies told me about how deep the corruption went in bukom would make bestsellers. Eg

In the 80s, Bukom was building this new processing plant call Hydrogen Cracking. A huge investment project worth of hundreds of millions dollars, which in today's terms would be in billions.
The main tower was huge. Imagine a thick steel cylinder 2 inches thick with a diameter of 8 meters and will rise up to just below 50 meters high. It will contain some of the highest pressures ever seen in Singapore with dangerous petroleum products at more than 500⁰C inside. Can you imagine the weight of that.
Anyway, they put it on top of a concrete foundation, with piling that are supposed to go down to the bedrock deep in the earth. The project was almost completing when they found out the foundation was substandard, akin to like China condo concrete that easily crumble. If that thing has crumbled, Spyros would look like kids play.
They had to hush hush and rebuild the whole thing. Now how much was pocketed by those working in that project? Your guess is as good as mine.
Your buddies part of the conspiracy?

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal

..does anyone remember the practice of over-declaring the number of workers used, and providing less workers on-site ?
There was this Labour Supplier, I remember, who used to Drive a maroon Jaguar and often Drink loads at Faber Estate Pubs after work.
Those were the most profitable days.

Without the Smart-Phones usage then, People went out more at nights, to network, and obtain business intelligence
Less Tech then allowed more creative sorting of paper Records, yes/no ?

Does Anyone Remember the Bigg Fire in the earl 90's ?