• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SGX LATEST - Sakae Sushi Collapsing!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think it's too late for Spore & Spreans now. Even if we had a change in gov't tomorrow, we are already stuck with millions of guest workers, unemployment, & expensive white elephants. The CPF is also probably all gone by now.

I agree. The problem wasn't just the PAP government. Singaporeans should look hard at themselves. Still hiring maids at home. And dare to complain about companies taking advantage of cheap labor from overseas.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the recent PAP price increases it will drive many businesses to close, even those that have supported the PAP in the past.

Will see if anyone is still around to vote for the PAP in the next GE :wink:

wanna bet?? They will. pls do not underestimate the stupidity of sinkies.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's too late for Spore & Spreans now. Even if we had a change in gov't tomorrow, we are already stuck with millions of guest workers, unemployment, & expensive white elephants. The CPF is also probably all gone by now.

It is gone a number of years ago.When is the first increase in GST to 5%.. That is when the CPF is going to vanish.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most important question is: are you getting parasites from the suspect sushi? is your shit smooth or slurpy? :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. The problem wasn't just the PAP government. Singaporeans should look hard at themselves. Still hiring maids at home. And dare to complain about companies taking advantage of cheap labor from overseas.

Ok!, what do you suggest? the alternatives in hiring a maid? is it good or bad...?? not that I am for hiring maids...

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok!, what do you suggest? the alternatives in hiring a maid? is it good or bad...?? not that I am for hiring maids...

In my opinion, maid (except for elderly care) was 1 of the bad policies implemented. Therefore, there should be no alternative to having maids just for household chores. Couples must learn to cope with working, child upbringing and household chores Govt should have set up reliable and adequate facilities instead

Human are lazy. Given an easy way out they will abuse it. There are wives who claimed to be working but the salary is not enough to cover the cost of having a maid, but they will opt to have maid and continue working. Kids brought up by maids especially when parents are not treating the maids with respect mostly grow up with the wrong attitude.

Balancing between work and family make us appreciate the effort needed to bring up our child. The child will also be more independent and appreciate the many thibgs they have to do on their own Instead parents have outsource this important task to maids and teachers, creating a new generation of youths who doesn't know what is hard work.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maids r good esp in the afternoon when their sirs n madams not around, I become their sirs for a while.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
This recession is bad. Many GLCs are actually downsizing. The PAP avoided the music by holding early elections but what do you think will happen in the next GE after Sporeans have tasted unemployment & all the price hikes?

Their plan is for the economy to recover before the next election... But Trump has thrown a spanner into their plans. It might be a bit longer before things recover. Lots of uncertainty in the world now.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion, maid (except for elderly care) was 1 of the bad policies implemented. Therefore, there should be no alternative to having maids just for household chores. Couples must learn to cope with working, child upbringing and household chores Govt should have set up reliable and adequate facilities instead

Human are lazy. Given an easy way out they will abuse it. There are wives who claimed to be working but the salary is not enough to cover the cost of having a maid, but they will opt to have maid and continue working. Kids brought up by maids especially when parents are not treating the maids with respect mostly grow up with the wrong attitude.

Balancing between work and family make us appreciate the effort needed to bring up our child. The child will also be more independent and appreciate the many thibgs they have to do on their own Instead parents have outsource this important task to maids and teachers, creating a new generation of youths who doesn't know what is hard work.

Got you....but there are two sides to a coin & that depend on which side, you are on. Singaporean couples in general are a spoilt lot, many do not know how to do housework..never mind cleaning or even sweeping...go do a simple test......randomly ask an office girl ( not foreigners), is they know, how to boil rice or make a simple cup of coffee? but there are some, they have so much office work, that, balancing a family, is an art...& these need maids....that is why I say....which side of the coin..

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unfortunately this behaviour translates to the work place.

Many of the "senior" executives here do not want to be hands on. Unlike angmo in US (not angmo in here who are mostly rubbish, come here to jiak liao bee, talk big story, fark SPGs).

If there is a new initiative (new business model, new methods), most of the totally clueless. They cannot just go online, google, watch youtube to understand the new trend, technology or business methods. I knew a good angmo guy from one of the tech market research company who is expert in IOT and big data. He did presentations to local CIOs and found they so freaking clueless what is it about (and what value one can get out).

So in the end alot of these locals will do two things: hire someone to do it; or get a "consultant".

When they get outside consultant, they dont want to look bad. So die die must get consultant from those big brands like Big 4, Accenture, IBM, BCG, Mckinsey. Pay alot of money get into some angmo to talk big look nice.

But when they hire for internal, they will want to only pay peanuts and want a slave. So end up can only get from India or Philippines, cheap cheap. Alot of these foreigners have dubious backgrounds. Because many want to get out of their shitty country. They actually have schools which give these people some cheapo course based on the hottest jobs overseas. Then they will get a cert, and are trained by the schools how to handle interviews (lying on their project experience in the relevant area). For example, it is very well known that the Indian SAP "consultants" have a real expert who will do the phone interview for them (for a overseas job). So these people will turn up as FT and OJT in the new job.

The Sinkie manager who hire these monkeys also have no idea if they know their job or not. Because the manager so clueless and have no desire to investigate the relevant domain area himself.

That is why this country is sinking deeper and deeper into a mess. Salaries collapsing (for example application consultants who can earn 6-10K back in 2000 now only earn 3K-5K, because whole market flooded with Pinoy, Indian and other 3rd world IT consultants), productivity drop, you seee things breaking down everyday. But at the same time the Angmo "consultants" from the big brands are earning big commissions, selling innovation, transformation, whatever ra ra and buzzwords to the local establishments (who are using the consultants to show, hey we are innovative and open minded!).

For example SGX can award their IT infrastructure to be managed by HCL (Indian company). HCL has an extremely bad reputation overseas (the worst of the big 3, two being TCS and Infosys), often overpromise but cannot deliver. You just go Glassdoor and check their Indian employees' reviews. It is the worst again out of the top 3. Fresh grads and junior analysts are thrown to onsite customer support without briefing, training, or direction.

But again the local Sinkie Chinkie bosses (part of the establishment) simply bochap. They dont understand the good technology helps the company's reputation and future growth. They are clueless, and think that IT people are just factory workers, maids. So again go for the cheapest bid.

As I say time for you guys to bail out soon. Its not about just PAP or whoever. It is the sinkie mindset. Does not matter the person is an elite, or a coffee shop wash dishes uncle or slave.

And you know what? The same Angmo I spoken about kenna slamp door on the face by booming PRC. PRC very cunning. They act blur, ask consultant to do a few presentation, pick up the key points. They might even splurg money to buy a few unit, or project. From there they dissect the whole product or services. Then go back hire a local team (fresh grad from top uni) to do R&D from internet, and steal ideas, come out their own solution. So alot of Angmo now very sour, everyday write in BBC or CNN or CNBC say China not friendly to foreign business, etc LOL.

And do you know now the PRC or Mandarin speaking application consultants are making big bucks in China? Yes they earn 3-4 times of the pathetic salary in Singapore. The Indian and Pinoy because unable to speak Mandarin is unable to penetrate that market. I suspect why Duerte is so friendly with China, hopping one day the Pinoys will be trained up in that language and go to China to work.

India? Forget it. U there talk until vomit blood, they still shaking their heads. Then ask you for freebie this or freebie that LOL. The latest example with be Apple Computers. After losing competitiveness in PRC, the gay CEO proclaim India is the next big thing, go there meet Modi. But I expect in another 6-12 months, he will find out that it is another empty story. The only thing India is good at is to export its people overseas and slowly take over. In another few years time, UK and Singapore will get a bloody shock when the Indians will fully take over all the high end white collar jobs (doctors, lawyers, business directors), with native sinkie scrapping the bottom, only with those closely associated with the white gang having prosperity. Just look at DBS. It is opening up various "innovation centres" in India to train the fresh grads there who eventually will move to the Singapore office.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got you....but there are two sides to a coin & that depend on which side, you are on. Singaporean couples in general are a spoilt lot, many do not know how to do housework..never mind cleaning or even sweeping...go do a simple test......randomly ask an office girl ( not foreigners), is they know, how to boil rice or make a simple cup of coffee? but there are some, they have so much office work, that, balancing a family, is an art...& these need maids....that is why I say....which side of the coin..

Spore guys are better off because during NS they learned how to do area cleaning. At least during my time now I hear the banglas in camp are doing it.

Unfortunately the girls are worse off because not only are they ignorant of housework but their social skills are also very limited because they have spent most of their lives with maids. A younger colleague complained that the girls in the office talked to him as they would to their maids :eek:

I asked a female colleague at what age she would stop treating her daughter as a child & more an as adult? She told me that she would never treat her daughter as an adult. Spore girls are spoilt because of this atitude, they are treated as little darlings that need the protection of the women's charter. This is probably why Spore males are looking elsewhere for prospective brides:wink:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is no such option as having a maid, circumstance will force us to learn to cook, and I had experienced this process first hand. Similarly, we will find ways to take care of our kids. Somehow things will worked out. In those days we used pager to leave measage. The operator of the paging system became my kids' friends because they were always paging me in the evening, asking when I would be picking them up from school because I was always late

It is tough but can be done. Because of such inconveniences, the kids learnt to take bus on their own and even help to cook rice at an early age. They grew up to be independent and now as adults, they too refused to engage domestic helps because they appreciate the values that would be passed down. We will then raise a new generation who can take care of themselves unlike present teens.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is part of LKY's legacy. He wanted all Sporean to work in the factories & offices. It was part of Spore's move to industrialise.

Sporeans were discouraged from going for higher education because the factories didn't need highly educated labour force, just cheap labor. I'm old enough to remember the technical courses ALL students had to attend i.e. wood working, metal working, basic electricity & technical drawing.

While both parents were working, chlldren were left to look after themselves & the term latch key kids were used to describe this generation. I heard that back then there was an age limit where the young were not allowed to get hawker licences because the PAP wanted the young to work in the industrial sector.

Over time as Sporeans income increased they were able to get maids & that is what you see today.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Many of the "senior" executives here do not want to be hands on. Unlike angmo in US (not angmo in here who are mostly rubbish, come here to jiak liao bee, talk big story, fark ....

Thanks for the many interesting cases. Guess sg is in real shit. Even if concerted changes is made to correct the attitude of the new generation, it will take a few generations for bad habits to be eradicated. Sg don't have the time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreee wuth you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting read.

My sense is that good ones in IT had long ago read the trend and have made it to regional positions in MNCs or are in high end consulting operating internationally. The use of poor quality and cheap Indian and Filipinoe in Singapore was known 20 years ago so should not be a surprise and the smarter younger Singaporeans have avoided going into IT.

The poor quality has also impacted the advanced countries as well and these countries have either taken control back - re-shored back home or are highly selective. Our problem is that we have complelely handed over much of the recruitment process to Indians and Filipnoes that they recruit people known to them. Govt's token intervention with Citibank by forcing the appointment of a Singaporean HR head is a mere show. Nothing has changed.

Do agree on the Education policy that led to a number of issues. Another issue with limiting locals access to tertiary education is that when the demand came, we had to go outside and recruit foreigners.

The population white paper debacle is clear that this Government has no idea what it is doing. The population policy is a key policy failure as it covers foreigners right across the work spectrum. It has failed to address issues such as qualifications, accreditation, CV validation etc. The so called child psycologist who lectured at the Poly and ran child clinics now appears not to have any qualifications. Though the local press did mention something about falsified qualification, the foreign press could not trace his qualifications, registeration or family background. The highly qualified mother he mentioned in his press interview in the past says she has no clue who this chap is.

Putting the Govt aside, we ourselves have also failed. As others have pointed out, our dependency on maids is mind boggling. Maids are not part of the equation for 95% of the people in 1st world countries.

Many of the "senior" executives here do not want to be hands on. Unlike angmo in US (not angmo in here who are mostly rubbish, come here to jiak liao bee, talk big story, fark SPGs).

If there is a new initiative (new business model, new methods), most of the totally clueless. They cannot just go online, google, watch youtube to understand the new trend, technology or business methods. I knew a good angmo guy from one of the tech market research company who is expert in IOT and big data. He did presentations to local CIOs and found they so freaking clueless what is it about (and what value one can get out).

So in the end alot of these locals will do two things: hire someone to do it; or get a "consultant".

When they get outside consultant, they dont want to look bad. So die die must get consultant from those big brands like Big 4, Accenture, IBM, BCG, Mckinsey. Pay alot of money get into some angmo to talk big look nice.

But when they hire for internal, they will want to only pay peanuts and want a slave. So end up can only get from India or Philippines, cheap cheap. Alot of these foreigners have dubious backgrounds. Because many want to get out of their shitty country. They actually have schools which give these people some cheapo course based on the hottest jobs overseas. Then they will get a cert, and are trained by the schools how to handle interviews (lying on their project experience in the relevant area). For example, it is very well known that the Indian SAP "consultants" have a real expert who will do the phone interview for them (for a overseas job). So these people will turn up as FT and OJT in the new job.

The Sinkie manager who hire these monkeys also have no idea if they know their job or not. Because the manager so clueless and have no desire to investigate the relevant domain area himself.

That is why this country is sinking deeper and deeper into a mess. Salaries collapsing (for example application consultants who can earn 6-10K back in 2000 now only earn 3K-5K, because whole market flooded with Pinoy, Indian and other 3rd world IT consultants), productivity drop, you seee things breaking down everyday. But at the same time the Angmo "consultants" from the big brands are earning big commissions, selling innovation, transformation, whatever ra ra and buzzwords to the local establishments (who are using the consultants to show, hey we are innovative and open minded!).

For example SGX can award their IT infrastructure to be managed by HCL (Indian company). HCL has an extremely bad reputation overseas (the worst of the big 3, two being TCS and Infosys), often overpromise but cannot deliver. You just go Glassdoor and check their Indian employees' reviews. It is the worst again out of the top 3. Fresh grads and junior analysts are thrown to onsite customer support without briefing, training, or direction.

But again the local Sinkie Chinkie bosses (part of the establishment) simply bochap. They dont understand the good technology helps the company's reputation and future growth. They are clueless, and think that IT people are just factory workers, maids. So again go for the cheapest bid.

As I say time for you guys to bail out soon. Its not about just PAP or whoever. It is the sinkie mindset. Does not matter the person is an elite, or a coffee shop wash dishes uncle or slave.

And you know what? The same Angmo I spoken about kenna slamp door on the face by booming PRC. PRC very cunning. They act blur, ask consultant to do a few presentation, pick up the key points. They might even splurg money to buy a few unit, or project. From there they dissect the whole product or services. Then go back hire a local team (fresh grad from top uni) to do R&D from internet, and steal ideas, come out their own solution. So alot of Angmo now very sour, everyday write in BBC or CNN or CNBC say China not friendly to foreign business, etc LOL.

And do you know now the PRC or Mandarin speaking application consultants are making big bucks in China? Yes they earn 3-4 times of the pathetic salary in Singapore. The Indian and Pinoy because unable to speak Mandarin is unable to penetrate that market. I suspect why Duerte is so friendly with China, hopping one day the Pinoys will be trained up in that language and go to China to work.

India? Forget it. U there talk until vomit blood, they still shaking their heads. Then ask you for freebie this or freebie that LOL. The latest example with be Apple Computers. After losing competitiveness in PRC, the gay CEO proclaim India is the next big thing, go there meet Modi. But I expect in another 6-12 months, he will find out that it is another empty story. The only thing India is good at is to export its people overseas and slowly take over. In another few years time, UK and Singapore will get a bloody shock when the Indians will fully take over all the high end white collar jobs (doctors, lawyers, business directors), with native sinkie scrapping the bottom, only with those closely associated with the white gang having prosperity. Just look at DBS. It is opening up various "innovation centres" in India to train the fresh grads there who eventually will move to the Singapore office.

Last edited: